Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-23-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
But I wouldn't worry AFGA will be bringing it to the table every year until it comes to be. .
Interesting! Reading this thread one, or at least the posts of a few participants, would be led to believe that there were no organizations supporting the crossbow position and that a "democratice vote" of "Albertans" (meaning a non-representative a poll of a small number of responding hunters) rejected this line of thinking. Hmmm can't think of a larger or more representative organization in this province than the AFGA...
Old 05-23-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Interesting! Reading this thread one, or at least the posts of a few participants, would be led to believe that there were no organizations supporting the crossbow position and that a "democratice vote" of "Albertans" (meaning a non-representative a poll of a small number of responding hunters) rejected this line of thinking. Hmmm can't think of a larger or more representative organization in this province than the AFGA...
Did not every hunter who held a WIN card receive the survey. To me the small number of respondents illustrates that very few individuals support the concept and most don't really care one way or another. Seems quite representative of the Alberta hunting community to me, more so than either a vote of the ABA or AFGA voting delegates.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post
Did not every hunter who held a WIN card receive the survey. To me the small number of respondents illustrates that very few individuals either support the concept and most don't really care one way or another. Seems quire representative to me.
Dunno. A lot of folks here claim to not even have seen it. I didn't.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:12 PM

Showed up in my email and I took the time to fill it out. If I remember TJ pointed it out at the time and there were several threads on AO about it as well.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 PM

Everyone who took the time to fill out a survey was given the opportunity to answer and whether they did or not was up to them.....

Ever hear of voter apathy? If you didn't respond then don't cry about it now.

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't know what to tell you oki. If SRD really says there is no interest they are ether not paying attention or someone in a high position is really against it. I'm suspicious also. It has to go through an elimination process to even get to SRD
So obviously there is interest.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=crossbow

Looks like this thread went on for a while..........Oko looks like you replied a few times to it.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Everyone who took the time to fill out a survey was given the opportunity to answer and whether they did or not was up to them.....

Ever hear of voter apathy? If you didn't respond then don't cry about it now.

LC
If I would have had a chance to. I must not be on their list but its not the first time.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=crossbow

Looks like this thread went on for a while..........Oko looks like you replied a few times to it.
Thanks for posting I knew there had to be something up about it.....some people have short selective memories

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
If I would have had a chance to. I must not be on their list but its not the first time.
Are you registered on the AlbertaRELM site?

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Actually do you think we would have a lot of the regulations we have now if it wasn't brought forward year after year at the annual AFGA conference? Have you been to one to see how the regs get changed. So your saying if you don't get the answer your looking for you just tuck your tail and walk away. That approach is defiantly not a successful one. I will be awaiting an answer.

This question was earlier for lefty.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Are you registered on the AlbertaRELM site?

LC
Have been for years.

Quote:
Dunno. A lot of folks here claim to not even have seen it. I didn't.
Quote:
Wow, JUST recieved and completed my survey.... one thing that hasn't been pointed out here is that besides "yes" and "no" options, there is also a "neutral" choice. To be honest that last choice might actually capture the views of most with no dog in the fight.

Oko looks like you voted and forgot all about it......... or.....stirring the pot?????

Quote:

This question was earlier for lefty.
fast edit buddy! I thought you were rolling your eyes and questioning your own statement.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Oko looks like you voted and forgot all about it......... or.....stirring the pot?????
fragamagachanumnits! Maybe I did! or......

Quote:
I love wearing dresses and singing show tunes!
quote hocus-pocus? LOL
Old 05-23-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
fast edit buddy! I thought you were rolling your eyes and questioning your own statement.
No just looking to get my question answered.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
fragamagachanumnits! Maybe I did! or......

quote hocus-pocus? LOL
Nice, but read through the link I posted of the original thread thats were the quote came from (post#177)...............Nice try though.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Nice, but read through the link I posted of the original thread thats were the quote came from...............Nice try though.
relax. Just having some fun with you. Not surprised at all that I could see a survey and then forget about it. Shows what import I placed on it.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
No just looking to get my question answered.
If a vote is held and the majority makes a decision ....lets say if I was not in the majority I would accept what the masses wanted....democracy is a wonderful concept

Sometimes you have to accept that your opinion does not fit with the opinion and values of the majority.

......but nothing is absolute.

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
If a vote
It wasn't a vote. It was a survey, and a pretty unscientific one at that. Anyone got the actual vote totals? Not the percentages, the actual totals.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
relax. Just having some fun with you. Not surprised at all that I could see a survey and then forget about it. Shows what import I placed on it.
Amazingly enough, its important enough for you to post on many times, read, reply to and forget about when it suites your purposes.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
If a vote is held and the majority makes a decision ....lets say if I was not in the majority I would accept what the masses wanted....democracy is a wonderful concept

......but nothing is absolute.

LC
Sooooo tuck your tail and not try again?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Amazingly enough, its important enough for you to post on many times, read, reply to and forget about when it suites your purposes.
I'm pretty sure I'm a better judge of my reasoning and intentions than you are, son.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Sooooo tuck your tail and not try again?
Nothin to do with "tuckin tail" as you say.....sometimes you have to accept that your opinion may not match that of the majority.

Or you could argue just for the sake of arguing....

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
It's ok you forgot about it....clearly was not important to you at the time.

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Nothin to do with "tickin tail" as you say.....sometimes you have to accept that your opinion may not match that of the majority.

Or you could argue just for the sake of arguing....

LC
Sooooo if you believed in something you would just give up or would you look into it and see if there was defects in how it was presented or deficiencies in the process and maybe change strategies for next time. No system is perfect but some are really flawed.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Sooooo if you believed in something you would just give up or would you look into it and see if there was defects in how it was presented or deficiencies in the process and maybe change strategies for next time. No system is perfect but some are really flawed.
Depends what it was....I wouldn't sit and whine because I didn't get my way and keep on hashing it out to no end....Quebec referendum comes to mind....

No one is saying you can't use a crossbow.....you just have to use it during the times designated to that sort of weapons season.

Heck if you have a medical reason to use it during archery season....collect the permit and do as you are legally allowed to do.

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 PM

Hey has anyone done a poll on here with regards to the crossbow in archery season bit?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not being a smart guy. I am interested on how you do.
100 yards. I have the three legged BogPod, Bipod and Excalibur Relayer. Pics when the weather cooperates.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Banned

Not again on the apparent super power capabilities of 100 yrd crossbows no sweat even with .9 second time of flight lol....anyhow, lots of guys killing past 100 with compounds, as if I'm going to dig all the data up on that and post again...just to be fresh in everyones heads...the compounds longer arrows retain energy better and often overtake the crossbows down range...not only is it a moot discussion in spec it's moot in all places the crossbow has been allowed to play with the vertical bows in terms of harvest percentage stats. They r equals in hunting. With the compound being more versatile by a factor of about 10 and why it will always remain way more popular than crossbows no matter where they r allowed to join....not because they r archery....but because they r very versatile while being very effective.

And again, research it if u must, gun hunters etc or anyone who thinks it will be a slam dunk and buys one for first season are quick to learn that u still gotta bowhunt to kill stuff with one...either adapt or put it in the classifieds at end of season...happens everywhere it's introduced.

Ehuntr, I have pics of groups with rifles at ranges double where most can match the group size, also know guys that will kill just as well at 100 with compounds as u with crossbow...we can certainly push ourselves and gear to limits in practice and even make work in field occasionally when needed but end of day no matter what superstar u r with your tackle it's still just an arrow at less than air gun speeds which still translates into a certain useable and reliable range on live game....the proof is everywhere it's been introduced as the percentage stats mirror the compounds....there is no argument here, no need for another deflection....which is the next deflection? We've covered bipods 100 yards poacher truck shots....what have we missed? I know there's quite a few more, might as well get em out of the way lol

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 05-23-2013 at 07:58 PM.