Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Your beer goggles are dirty.

Pipeline issue ? Had the US election gone the other way it would have been a done deal. The only way the whole world knew it would be cancelled is after Trump lost . So BS

Would Kenney have wagered his own money. I don't care for parties that wager our tax dollars. Could have waited a few months until after the US election.

Covid ? Name me a govt of any stripe that came out of that unscathed. So BS

So I guess if other governments lost money, can't account for money that's ok! Not in my books.

DS just a figure head? Notley isn’t though? So BS
That's all DS is. UCP executive's are pulling her strings these days. Fair enough Notley is a figure head too.
Kenny cheated to win leadership? Prove it ! I guess Biden cheated to win presidency and Bettman made the Oilers lose to Vegas. Just because you don’t like the outcome doesn’t mean the fix is in. So BS

Cheated or not, why are we waiting for the investigation to close and the results to be given to the public. I guess just sweeping it under the carpet is ok for you. Well it's not for me.

Conservatives have run this province for 50 yrs , yup and fairly well for the most part. Take out Medeling Federal governments and it might have been much better . So BS

Blame it on someone else. Good come back Jungle. Were still in debt. Which brings me to question 1. Why is UCP debt better than NDP debt? Can you answer that.

Notley has nothing to offer but even higher taxes , She’s going to raise corporate taxes by 3%? I wonder where Corporations will get the money to fund that increase? Hmmm🤔
Laminated health care cards? Yup that’s a priority on the minds of so many Albertans.
Mostly the NDP platform consists of DS=bad , RN= good. But not sure what they are good for . I must say the NDP are very good at photoshopping Rachel to look 29ish

And last but not least. Kenny isn’t running in this election.
You're absolutely right Kenney isn't running. But he did get us most of the way to where we are, and with a party of candidates that hasn't changed much. I don't see much different happening under the current bunch of misfits..

That being said. I'm not convinced RN and the NDP is best either. However we survived 4 years of NDP once. The conservatives in this never got the message in 2015, and I think they need another hard kick in the pants to figure they aren't entitled. Just like the Federal Liberals aren't entitiled to run this country. UCP, Conservative, or whatever they want to tote, aren't entitled to run Alberta.

BW
Old 05-17-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
These political discussions only create more division and accomplish squat... You won't change the opinion of others, they will vote for who they feel aligns with their beliefs.

Our politicians need to be held accountable for their respective platforms, federally, provincially and municipal. Here is where change will happen, until their is accountability, well broken promises and same old same old will prevail as it always does.

Platforms should be scrutinized annually, when "realistic" targets are not met the party is void of running the following election... Would be a welcome change to see our great province and country have some accountability to the people.
There will never be accountability for politicians, because they would have to bring it on themselves, and they are never going to do that. Just look at the tactic used every time the liberals have a scandal, the evidence is withheld, , because they can have it withheld . Even if there is an ethics violation, there are no consequences, and that won't change, because any change could be used against the people that make the changes. So government will remain free to do what they please with no accountability.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
"During the 15-year period from 1960 to 1976, nearly two-thirds of Canada's 47,633 beds for the mentally ill were closed. The policy was designed to free those with mental-health problems from the often inhumane, white-coated asylums made famous by the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

It was also done by govt. to save a ton of money, throwing the problem back on families, privately run group homes or right onto the street if nobody cared enough to support the individual. Bringing any semblance of that system back would come at an enormous tax-payer cost.
If the institutions are done right it might actually save money if you take a look at a lot of the indirect costs combined with the direct costs along with providing a safe place for these people. We hear all the time every homeless person costs what 100k/year, it would remove some of these people from the streets and provide them with a safe place where hopefully they are receiving some treatment for their issues, a warm bed and regular meals. In addition those who are receiving 24 hour care, sometimes with multiple people 24/7 for safety reasons placing them in an institution will save money. Oddly enough the left takes about defunding the police, this may actually provide the opportunity to do that safely because much of policing is dealing with the same people over and over and over again. Yes it would centralize these costs and it wouldn’t be cheap but it would allow for a reduction elsewhere along with increasing safety for the rest.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
If the institutions are done right it might actually save money if you take a look at a lot of the indirect costs combined with the direct costs along with providing a safe place for these people. We hear all the time every homeless person costs what 100k/year, it would remove some of these people from the streets and provide them with a safe place where hopefully they are receiving some treatment for their issues, a warm bed and regular meals. In addition those who are receiving 24 hour care, sometimes with multiple people 24/7 for safety reasons placing them in an institution will save money. Oddly enough the left takes about defunding the police, this may actually provide the opportunity to do that safely because much of policing is dealing with the same people over and over and over again. Yes it would centralize these costs and it wouldn’t be cheap but it would allow for a reduction elsewhere along with increasing safety for the rest.
Now that makes a lot of sense ^^^

Not only would it increase safety, it would lower crime, lower home and vehicle insurance rates, and cut back on costs of the 'so called' legal system. There is a cost to a druggie thief going in front of a judge a couple hundred times......
Old 05-17-2023, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Just to follow up on post 327 and 346

Editorial in the Crowsnest Pass Herald regarding the Livingstone MacLeod nomination meetings.
https://www.passherald.ca/editorials...ion-and-voting

Global News article about Livingstone Macleod nomination meetings.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9577951/l...-back-alberta/

IMO, TBA is not the same as what we traditionally see when it comes to grassroots involvement.

This should be a non-partisan issue that everyone stands up against. Sadly, UCP supporters stand by and watch what is happening with their party the same way that federal Liberal supporters turn a blind eye to what purportedly happened in Don Valley North and several other ridings.
The dippers running with candidates that appear to openly support communism is more of a concern given the spotlight on foreign interference IMO.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Ahh the PressProgress... An NDP/Liberal backed rag from Ottawa. Now there's a trustworthy source for unbiased news.

And Stephen Magusiak is probably one of the biggest NDP shills to ever infiltrate Calgary.

I know nothing in politics is cut and dry, but come on.
That's reaching. A lot.

Even the Herald article, which is from last October by the way, highlights expert's comments which basically denounce the reality of such accusations.

But don't let facts get in the way of more NDP fear mongering ...
Honestly, did you even read the articles? It sure doesn't sound like you did, they identified who TBA is and what their goals are, it was not an opinion piece.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
You're absolutely right Kenney isn't running. But he did get us most of the way to where we are, and with a party of candidates that hasn't changed much. I don't see much different happening under the current bunch of misfits..

That being said. I'm not convinced RN and the NDP is best either. However we survived 4 years of NDP once. The conservatives in this never got the message in 2015, and I think they need another hard kick in the pants to figure they aren't entitled. Just like the Federal Liberals aren't entitiled to run this country. UCP, Conservative, or whatever they want to tote, aren't entitled to run Alberta.

BW
I think we are still digging out from the 4 yrs we “survived with the NDP, and their same slate of anti oil, anti mining pro union,anti police misfits as last go around.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I think we are still digging out from the 4 yrs we “survived with the NDP, and their same slate of anti oil, anti mining pro union,anti police misfits as last go around.
Tell me why UCP debt is better than NDP debt?

BW
Old 05-17-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
Honestly, did you even read the articles? It sure doesn't sound like you did, they identified who TBA is and what their goals are, it was not an opinion piece.
Sadly, I did.
When a piece starts with " Meet the Coalition of Christian nationalists, Wexit separatists and disgruntled rural albertans leading an Insurgency inside Alberta's UCP...", yes, I'm going to say it's an opinion piece.
Reporting certain twisted facts while purposely leaving out others is not news, it's propaganda.

And if you read The Herald article that you posted, you'll see that everything that's being fear-mongered (including what you've stated) is a non-starter, as supported by the experts in your article. So thanks for that.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:

BW
Because usually there are less zeros tacked on the end of UCP debt

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire
Old 05-17-2023, 02:11 PM

Quote:

BW
Going to guess Jungleboy is a little busy so maybe I can help answer your question.
All debt is bad. But some may consider it better because it's far less.
One needs only look at government spending to know what happened when, and why.

"The highest single year of per-person spending ($13,719) between 1965 and 2020 was under Premier Rachel Notley in 2017. In fact, the provincial government spent more in 2017 than it did during COVID-19 in 2020."
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/site...t-spending.pdf
Old 05-17-2023, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Going to guess Jungleboy is a little busy so maybe I can help answer your question.
All debt is bad. But some may consider it better because it's far less.
One needs only look at government spending to know what happened when, and why.

"The highest single year of per-person spending ($13,719) between 1965 and 2020 was under Premier Rachel Notley in 2017. In fact, the provincial government spent more in 2017 than it did during COVID-19 in 2020."
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/site...t-spending.pdf

Thanks , yup busy with other more important issues. Getting boat and such ready for the weekend .
Old 05-17-2023, 09:42 PM

Quote:

BW
Show me ONE province in Canada that has ever prospered under a NDP dictatorship?
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Show me ONE province in Canada that has ever prospered under a NDP dictatorship?
be a very very long wait
Old 05-17-2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:

Old 05-17-2023, 10:17 PM

Quote:
That’s a great question for Rachel
Old 05-17-2023, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Trouble with asking that question is Rachel will have her goons manhandle and arrest you. Oh, and call you made up names.
True story.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:37 AM
Banned

Quote:

BW
Please, tell us why NDP dept is better than UCP dept?

A solid answer on who ever prospered under the NDP? Do you have an answer?

Enough of your drivel, we get it, you don’t like Daniel. Get over it… you’re a broken record with no answers other than “Daniel is bad”.
Old 05-18-2023, 05:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-18-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
It's always the same with the ndp, they hire civil servants, cater to the unions, spend like drunken sailors, grow the debt, and leave a huge mess for the next government. Saskatchewan went from a have not province, ro a have province after getting rid of them, but no province has ever become a have province under the ndp.
Old 05-18-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post

I never said NDP debt was good. Do you really believe Alberta is prospering? Are we really that much better then we were in 1971 after kicking the SC's to the curb?

We were for a time...balanced the books and paid off the debt in 2005. We kinda sort of did that. Government bonds weren't paid back, however Ralph set money aside for when they came due.

This is what's wrong with politics. I see people here forgiving the UCP blunders. Lost cash. They haven't dealt with Ottawa...The feds still pull our strings. The UCP came on the scene talking the talk, but not walking the walk. They are a bunch of elitists. sitting on roof tops drinking our whiskey! While telling us what to do, and how to do it.

DS reminds me of Urkle from Family Matters. Everytime she says something, the very next day she's saying "Did I do that?" There's not leadership coming from her. She's been given a script by the UCP executive and told to stick to. Her leadership is weak and the party will turn on her within 24 months and she'll be out in 30 months. And we're right back where we started.

Are the NDP right for Alberta? No they're not. I'll be pinching my nose and trying not to puke when I cast my vote. Having to do that in today's Alberta is not a great feeling. There was a time in this province that I proudly voted and called my self conservative. Those days are gone and it's a bloody shame.

The mismanagement by the Conservative governments, the elitist group, the we know better than you do governments are a disgrace to the group that took power in 1971.

There is so much stink on the conservative governments in this province that it is disgusting. Yet we keep giving them a pass, when they deserve a swift kick in the pants, and I am as guilty of that as everyone here who outright supports and props up the conservatives.

BW
Old 05-18-2023, 07:27 AM

At least you can be relied on to beat your dead horse as long and hard as needed.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-18-2023, 08:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Stay tuned for the great debate

gonna be a hen fight

you cant make this up

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-18-2023, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

gonna be a hen fight

you cant make this up
Cat fight. I can hardly wait, promises to be very entertaining.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-18-2023, 08:48 AM

Old whiskey face was on a talk show speaking of plans for a mega hospital in Calgary North that would rival the one down South. The interviewer asked her " Who's going to staff it" ? The reply was basically
Old 05-18-2023, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Mmmm, I looked at them during the last round - they lost me when they asked ol' Mandel to head them up. No thank you.

From what I gleaned from their platform, they're kind of more of a "Liberal Lite". Not sure they have the teeth to stand up to the Liberal Feds.

Strangely enough, I respected the provincial libs when Taft was at the helm. He displayed a level-headed approach that I have not seen in many politicians.
Raj Sherman was also a decent human being. Never would have seen the rhetoric and vitriol from Raj.

The Alberta Party candidate in my riding is a half decent fellow. I’m telling anyone who’s not conservative to vote for him. At least I can respect him unlike the weasels in the NDP.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-18-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I never said NDP debt was good. Do you really believe Alberta is prospering? Are we really that much better then we were in 1971 after kicking the SC's to the curb?

We were for a time...balanced the books and paid off the debt in 2005. We kinda sort of did that. Government bonds weren't paid back, however Ralph set money aside for when they came due.

This is what's wrong with politics. I see people here forgiving the UCP blunders. Lost cash. They haven't dealt with Ottawa...The feds still pull our strings. The UCP came on the scene talking the talk, but not walking the walk. They are a bunch of elitists. sitting on roof tops drinking our whiskey! While telling us what to do, and how to do it.

DS reminds me of Urkle from Family Matters. Everytime she says something, the very next day she's saying "Did I do that?" There's not leadership coming from her. She's been given a script by the UCP executive and told to stick to. Her leadership is weak and the party will turn on her within 24 months and she'll be out in 30 months. And we're right back where we started.

Are the NDP right for Alberta? No they're not. I'll be pinching my nose and trying not to puke when I cast my vote. Having to do that in today's Alberta is not a great feeling. There was a time in this province that I proudly voted and called my self conservative. Those days are gone and it's a bloody shame.

The mismanagement by the Conservative governments, the elitist group, the we know better than you do governments are a disgrace to the group that took power in 1971.

There is so much stink on the conservative governments in this province that it is disgusting. Yet we keep giving them a pass, when they deserve a swift kick in the pants, and I am as guilty of that as everyone here who outright supports and props up the conservatives.

BW
Perhaps you could help address the issues you raise about the UCP rather than throwing the match that burns us all to the ground.
You are mad about the short comings of the Conservative party ( some of your complaints are valid). But suicide seems like a odd way to teach them a lesson.
TBA has some suggestions for getting involved and holding people to account. If you think the NDP would be accountable to the people you are dreaming.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
At least you can be relied on to beat your dead horse as long and hard as needed.
That seems to be the way things go in general!

BW
Old 05-18-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:

gonna be a hen fight

you cant make this up
I can see the ucp concentrating on the economy, and the ndp concentrating on everything but the economy. The ucp will support oil and gas, and a smaller government/public sector and the ndp will promote the destruction of oil and gas and a larger government/public sector. The ucp will promote responsible spending, while the ndp will support spending with no clue where the money will come from.
In the end, the debate will change nothing, those that support unions and handouts will vote ndp, and those that support working for a living, and making living more affordable , will vote ucp.
Old 05-18-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:

gonna be a hen fight

you cant make this up
Yup, this one will be good. One thing Smith is good at is debating. She knows her facts, stays on topic and can say it in clear words. Notley will be like Turds, ahhh, ummm all the way through. Notley will read from the script about bad Dannielle and the things she said while a talk show host to scare the sheeple. All the while promising the sky.

If DS keeps on track, I suspect she will walk out of there with a smile while Notley wonders what the heck happened.

But do debates really change peoples minds anymore?
Closed Thread