Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-26-2019, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
Excellent! Believing in something else other than your own twisted opinions.
That’s the first step. Listening to others.
I believe you in you! You can do this!
Speaking of poor grammar....

Post up some facts scoot. One of us is actually capable of posting up facts on the subject, the other one is just talking foolishly.

Are you capable of posting up any facts on the matter that refute my claims? There are a lot of people reading this thread, and you’ve talked a lot of crap, still waiting to hear something factual from you.

The AFGA shares my concerns, but you probably know more about maintaining a sustainable wildlife population than they do right?
Old 03-26-2019, 05:50 PM

Excellent researching Kurt.
Those are some good facts there
keep it rolling.
Try attach links as well. People like that!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:51 PM

Oh and please quit calling me scooter. It’s teally hurting my feelings. Now back to the sandbox with you boy.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Excellent researching Kurt.
Those are some good facts there
keep it rolling.
Try attach links as well. People like that!
Haha, you got nothing huh? Wow, surprising

I’m sorry I can’t help you figure out how to click on a link, it’s an advanced skill my 6 year old mastered 3 years ago.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh and please quit calling me scooter. It’s teally hurting my feelings. Now back to the sandbox with you boy.
It’s what? Teally?

Must be my bad grammar.

There’s an old adage, it’s better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Have someone explain it to you, then think about how you haven’t been able to post any facts, then have someone show you how to open the links I’ve provided for you.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:06 PM

I told you many posts ago that I would not let you pull me into one of your arguements. You can keep trying if you’d like. It’s very entertaining. 😂
Old 03-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I told you many posts ago that I would not let you pull me into one of your arguements. You can keep trying if you’d like. It’s very entertaining. 😂
What’s entertaining was watching you talk yourself into a corner, then when asked to back up your argument you got nothing, like you’ve even stopped pretending you know what your talking about. With the amount of times you’ve responded to my posts, if you had a single valid point, you would have let one slip out by now. But you got nothing.

You sure your not related to trudeau? You keep talking but there’s nothing coming out! Hahaha.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:15 PM

Don’t stop posting ok. Nothing on tv tonight.
In the mood for comedy
Old 03-26-2019, 06:18 PM

I can’t believe that anyone in this country still thinks that unregulated hunting is sustainable, including the people who are pushing for it.

As for 30 000 Métis, doesn’t the MNA have a bus going around to communities encouraging people to join? I know they asked several of my coworkers, my wife, and any one else with Indigenous lineage to apply for membership. I also thought that the Powley Agreement referenced only Métis with French or Scottish heritage and a direct tie to one the original Métis settlements in Manitoba. This new agreement will likely be broadened to include every member of the MNA.

A Métis girl who used to babysit for us had her university degree paid for by the government. My wife’s cousin was rejected by every law school in Canada and then applied again as a Métis and was accepted by several schools. I’ve had enough of some citizens being more equal than others.

If I have my facts wrong, please set me straight.

Gerry Burnie
Old 03-26-2019, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don’t stop posting ok. Nothing on tv tonight.
In the mood for comedy
Discussing this with you is like I’m having a discussion with Homer Simpson, seriously.

My 6yr old can come up with more facts on the matter than you’ve been able to muster up.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I can’t believe that anyone in this country still thinks that unregulated hunting is sustainable, including the people who are pushing for it.

As for 30 000 Métis, doesn’t the MNA have a bus going around to communities encouraging people to join? I know they asked several of my coworkers, my wife, and any one else with Indigenous lineage to apply for membership. I also thought that the Powley Agreement referenced only Métis with French or Scottish heritage and a direct tie to one the original Métis settlements in Manitoba. This new agreement will likely be broadened to include every member of the MNA.

A Métis girl who used to babysit for us had her university degree paid for by the government. My wife’s cousin was rejected by every law school in Canada and then applied again as a Métis and was accepted by several schools. I’ve had enough of some citizens being more equal than others.

If I have my facts wrong, please set me straight.
Most of your facts are wrong but not all and some partially. The Métis does not drive around with a bus recruiting, funny as that is it’s just not true. Not just anyone with indigenous linage is a Métis, just not any half bread will do. The powell aggrement does not mention race only Métis. My family was Ojibwa and English. The Métis girl lied to you about her university being paid for it’s simply not true at all, as a Métis you do have access to more grants than others however you must qualify first, family income needs to be pretty low to qualify. Your wife’s cousin may be correct, all post secondary schools must have a certain number of minorities and they will lower the gpa entrance number if they need to to meet that goal or they lose federal funding for that program
Old 03-26-2019, 06:38 PM

Thanks man!
Keep them coming!
Old 03-26-2019, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks man!
Keep them coming!
I have no interest in being part of what you and Kurt have going on, he asked for info so I gave some, sorry, I actually am shocked the thread is still going
Old 03-26-2019, 06:46 PM

Sorry jimm
Wasn’t meant for you.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
I have no interest in being part of what you and Kurt have going on, he asked for info so I gave some
And I truly appreciated it Jimm.

Despite what some may think, I’m not against native rights, metis rights, or immigrants rights for that matter. I’m against poor decisions made by our government that will have a negative affect on my future and that of my children. We can’t undo the past, but I truly believe this ruling is simply lip service to quiet the masses. Let’s be honest with each other, metis harvest rights will not make anyone’s quality of life any better. The money spent on fuel will outweigh the benefits in the freezer. All it is is a status thing designed to make the metis feel better.

I have a lot of metis friends, like lots, I’ve also got a lot of Treaty friends, and in my younger days (before I was married) I dated a few metis and Treaty women (and girls). I dated one girl and became great friends with her father (to this day) who became chief of the fort chip Indian band. I have a pretty good understanding of aboriginal people and their way of life, and even since the 80’s I’ve seen a big change in how life goes.

Unregulated harvesting is just bad management plain and simple. Unregulated anything is bad management period, only problem is, the fix for the problem is reactive, no proactive. Once the damage is done it will take decades to repair.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry jimm
Wasn’t meant for you.
You should quietly listen to what Jimm says, you might learn something.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
And I truly appreciated it Jimm.

Despite what some may think, I’m not against native rights, metis rights, or immigrants rights for that matter. I’m against poor decisions made by our government that will have a negative affect on my future and that of my children. We can’t undo the past, but I truly believe this ruling is simply lip service to quiet the masses. Let’s be honest with each other, metis harvest rights will not make anyone’s quality of life any better. The money spent on fuel will outweigh the benefits in the freezer. All it is is a status thing designed to make the metis feel better.

I have a lot of metis friends, like lots, I’ve also got a lot of Treaty friends, and in my younger days (before I was married) I dated a few metis and Treaty women (and girls). I dated one girl and became great friends with her father (to this day) who became chief of the fort chip Indian band. I have a pretty good understanding of aboriginal people and their way of life, and even since the 80’s I’ve seen a big change in how life goes.

Unregulated harvesting is just bad management plain and simple. Unregulated anything is bad management period, only problem is, the fix for the problem is reactive, no proactive. Once the damage is done it will take decades to repair.
This what I don’t understand, with way the Métis went about their selection of the elegable Métis it is highly regulated by a very limited amount of Métis being able to harvest. There may be only 2000 eligible, many of those women and children. So actual harvesters will likely be under 500. I can’t speak to what if any limitations will be applied by the Métis or the government but the actual number of Métis harvesters that will actually hunt is minimal. The massive numbers of 1st nation harvesters should be the concern not a few hundred Métis who very well may be regulated anyway.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:25 PM

People just can’t get past that “30,000” number

You listening Kurt?
Old 03-26-2019, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
This what I don’t understand, with way the Métis went about their selection of the elegable Métis it is highly regulated by a very limited amount of Métis being able to harvest. There may be only 2000 eligible, many of those women and children. So actual harvesters will likely be under 500. I can’t speak to what if any limitations will be applied by the Métis or the government but the actual number of Métis harvesters that will actually hunt is minimal. The massive numbers of 1st nation harvesters should be the concern not a few hundred Métis who very well may be regulated anyway.
1 more unregulated harvester is too many
500 at a minimum is going to have an impact on wildlife numbers
Old 03-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am being 100% honest with you Jimm, two of my closest friends are metis, well one of my friends and the other is my friends wife. The friend who’s wife is metis has two boys and all 4 of them hunt, the other friend has 4 boys, 3 of which hunt along with the Dad (my friend). That’s 7 people in just two families of my closest friends who all are getting harvest rights. I also have a friend who literally looks like a Viking, 6’-7” blond hair blue eyes, and has his harvest rights. Then there is the guy I know has been poaching animals for literally decades who now has his harvest rights. He’s been poaching trophy deer for years, but it’s not just him it’s a group of them who have been doing this. He’s now their “tag”.

I know that for the vast majority of the newly granted harvesters it’s not going to be an issue, but I also know it only takes a few with harvest rights to put a huge dent in the local population of animals. The first few years will be the worst. So far none of my friends have killed anything more than they can eat, but they will without a doubt kill any big buck or bull they see. How many will be willing to be a “tag” for their non harvest rights friends? I also know this is going to be a real thing.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
Does anyone remember how devistating it was for the wildlife when the interim Métis harvesting agreement was in place? How long was it in place?
Just askin
Old 03-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
People just can’t get past that “30,000” number

You listening Kurt?
Scooter, just sit back and learn from the discussion if you haven’t got anything of value to contribute.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Really, after all I wrote you came up with that as the ground to stand on, you have no idea they will not be regulated and neither do I so if you really cared about what you say you care about a different conclusion would have been drawn from quoting me. Let’s break it down more, I’m a Métis and buy my tags, every year for the past ten years I get a moose or a elk plus 1 deer for sausage just on my draws. Most Métis will be the same if they hunt, I dont see a wildlife holocaust like you do. Few bad apple sure just like normal poachers. Go re read my post and if you care about wildlife Métis at this time will not be your concern

Last edited by Jimm; 03-26-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really, after all I wrote you came up with that as the ground to stand on, you have no idea they will not be regulated and neither do I so if you really cared about what you say you care about a different conclusion would have been drawn from quoting me.
At the end of the day that’s what it comes down to
The Métis asked, and the government gave
Your equal now, well not equal, but equally in the special entitled category

Whats more important? The animals that can’t defend themselves or more people allowed to hunt unsustainably?
Old 03-26-2019, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really, after all I wrote you came up with that as the ground to stand on, you have no idea they will not be regulated and neither do I so if you really cared about what you say you care about a different conclusion would have been drawn from quoting me. Let’s break it down more, I’m a Métis and buy my tags, every year for the past ten years I get a moose or a elk plus 1 deer for sausage just on my draws. Most Métis will be the same if they hunt, I dont see a wildlife holocaust like you do. Few bad apple sure just like normal poachers. Go re read my post and if you care about wildlife Métis at this time will not be your concern
If you think all the others will be as responsible as you, your mistaken

If they were then this would have never happened

It’s fantastic you care but others won’t
Old 03-26-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Scooter, just sit back and learn from the discussion if you haven’t got anything of value to contribute.
Kurt. You’ve already told us how your infinite Métis knowledge is because of your Métis relationships and dating history. Just stop already.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Kurt. You’ve already told us how your infinite Métis knowledge is because of your Métis relationships and dating history. Just stop already.
You’ve already proved you’re nothing more than a chihuahua in regards to this topic, just sit back and learn from the discussion if you haven’t got anything of value to contribute.

Haven’t you been able to learn anything from Jimm yet? I feel your elders pain.... lol.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
If you think all the others will be the same as you your mistaken

Again you missed the point and I’m not”equal” to anything or whatever you are implying so don’t. I’m not one of the 500 ish but I will still get as much meat as my family requires every year, I’m just not saving a hundred bux on tags. You have 3 issues to whine about, Métis for asking, government for giving or 1st nations for a century of uncontrolled slaughter. And you pick the Métis to complain about,,, lol you don’t care about wildlife at all or you would have chosen either of the other two which each have huge impact on the wildlife, your just mad it’s not you or you would make the right decision
Old 03-26-2019, 07:56 PM

Kurt
You already said that as well. Go to sleep
Old 03-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you think all the others will be as responsible as you, your mistaken

It’s fantastic you care but others won’t
Mark, you don’t know that, no one does, your talking about an administration run by the MNA playing chess with federal and provincial governments laying ground for the next fight they have their sites on and I promise you it ain’t hunting or they would have went for the whole 30,000, think bigger bud,