Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Because the sad fact is, that many people hear it on CBC, and assume it's true, with zero proof My mother condemned the Ottawa convoy, because the CBC was reporting that protestors attacked the police horses. When I showed her the video of the horse kicking the grandmothers walker, and stomping on her, all she said was "why would they lie about that".
This is true elk. My parents same situation. Take cbc as gospel. Remember Knolton Nash to present. That is what they believe. I stated there are two sides on a coin. Blissfully blind.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:37 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Which doesn't change the fact that many people, especially seniors, are used to accepting whatever the CBC broadcasts as fact. If the CBC reports something, they just accept it as true, even if it is liberal propaganda, or just a blatant lie, like the example that I posted.
As for the I have a friend stories, I have heard a lot of them, some are true, some are exaggerated, and some are worse than exaggerations.
You sure you’re not a politician?
That was one of the fancier ‘you’re a liar’ convolution statements I’ve ever come across.

Believe whatever tune you like. Sip whatever coolaide you prefer.

Matters not to me. Folks wondered why no response… I offered one.

But it ain’t your flavour, ok.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-16-2023, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Smith will start to look pretty appealing after you hear the phrase Premier Notley ,raised your taxes, Premier Notley introduces another Carbon Tax, Premier Notley tries to kill private and charter schools and home schooling. NDP close down access to crown land more and more.

Sounds like fear mongering I know but that's what the NDP do best so I figured I would try it on for size
I believe the last Conservative Party got rid of our provincial carbon tax and we ended up paying more cause we had to follow the federal one.
How much money will be wasted getting rid of one the best standard police force in the world to get our own provincial force. That’s a total waist and what are her reason for this ?
Old 05-16-2023, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You sure you’re not a politician?
That was one of the fancier ‘you’re a liar’ convolution statements I’ve ever come across.

Believe whatever tune you like. Sip whatever coolaide you prefer.

Matters not to me. Folks wondered why no response… I offered one.

But it ain’t your flavour, ok.
I am not accusing anyone of lying, but since I have zero knowledge of the person you are listening to, I have zero knowledge of how credible he is, so in that situation, I prefer to see some proof to back up those accusations, before accepting them as fact.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:48 PM

One thing unescapable, in a campaign both sides using "embellishment" let's say.

The "UCP will cost us our CPP" just flat false. Canadians all over the planet receiving it living in other countries.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-16-2023, 09:49 PM

Person has verified all the mentioned articles that have been linked.

Global also interviewed for corroboration.

But it’s coming from me and I’m not credible.

Fair enough I guess…. Yet you’ll swallow other stuff with far less scrutiny.

And yes you are. You be jus lil fancier.

I don’t mind.
Old 05-16-2023, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
I believe the last Conservative Party got rid of our provincial carbon tax and we ended up paying more cause we had to follow the federal one.
How much money will be wasted getting rid of one the best standard police force in the world to get our own provincial force. That’s a total waist and what are her reason for this ?
So if the RCMP are one of the best then explain why both Ontario and Quebec both have provincial police? Why do Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge and Camrose have there own police services? Most major centers in Canada don't use the RCMP. Accountability is a big part of it. RCMP are dictated by the federal government, and will go along with whatever they say. Don't look any further than Nova Scotia murders on how corrupt the RCMP are at a higher level.

As far as the carbon tax goes, they did do that. They also fought in court about the constitutionally of it that it wasn't. Court agreed that it wasn't but said climate change was more important than constitution rights. Can't win even when you are right.

NDP also went along with keeping equalization payments the same. Didn't protest about tanker traffic on east coast being allowed while shutting down west coast.

Last edited by hogie; 05-16-2023 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
The TBA group is having an immediate impact on this election, they took control of the UCP from the inside and are moving the party back in the direction of the Wildrose Party.

"Take Back Alberta has organized town halls across the province and sent large numbers of their members to stack board elections and nomination races. Out of roughly 1,800 party members in attendance, Take Back Alberta claims to have sent 850-900 of its supporters to the UCP Annual General Meeting in October to vote for Smith as party leader."

This group now controls 9 of the 20 UCP board seats directly, they are the main reason Kenney was ousted and Smith was elected.

If you really want to know who they are and what they're doing, take the time to read the following articles.

https://pressprogress.ca/who-is-take...y-really-want/

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...s-on-ucp-board
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
Very interesting read.

Not a fan of Christian nationalism.
Ahh the PressProgress... An NDP/Liberal backed rag from Ottawa. Now there's a trustworthy source for unbiased news.

And Stephen Magusiak is probably one of the biggest NDP shills to ever infiltrate Calgary.

I know nothing in politics is cut and dry, but come on.
That's reaching. A lot.

Even the Herald article, which is from last October by the way, highlights expert's comments which basically denounce the reality of such accusations.

But don't let facts get in the way of more NDP fear mongering ...

Last edited by CBintheNorth; 05-16-2023 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
So if the RCMP are one of the best then explain why both Ontario and Quebec both have provincial police? Why do Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge and Camrose have there own police services? Most major centers in Canada don't use the RCMP. Accountability is a big part of it. RCMP are dictated by the federal government, and will go along with whatever they say. Don't look any further than Nova Scotia murders on how corrupt the RCMP are at a higher level.

As far as the carbon tax goes, they did do that. They also fought in court about the constitutionally of it that it wasn't. Court agreed that it wasn't but said climate change was more important than constitution rights. Can't win even when you are right.

NDP also went along with keeping equalization payments the same. Didn't protest about tanker traffic on east coast being allowed while shutting down west coast.
Rcmp is big organization it’s not going to be perfect all the time but it will be better than what the turn coat is going to try and install.it’s a huge expense to money could be spent on other places. But the turn coat has people believe the federal government is out to get us. Oh no we had to get a needle oh no we had to wear masks in pandemic.
Turn coat would not even wear a poppy for Remembrance Day cause she was against way covid was handled.
But I get it people vote conservative no matter who’s in power in that party and they will never change.
When the NDP got in that was great at least the Conservative Party has to be a little accountable for what they do cause a victory is not assured. There was a lot of train wrecks running this province before the ndp yet the party still one no matter what. Sadly another train wreck will win.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:22 AM

Quote:

Rcmp is big organization it’s not going to be perfect all the time but it will be better than what the turn coat is going to try and install.it’s a huge expense to money could be spent on other places. But the turn coat has people believe the federal government is out to get us. Oh no we had to get a needle oh no we had to wear masks in pandemic.
Turn coat would not even wear a poppy for Remembrance Day cause she was against way covid was handled.
But I get it people vote conservative no matter who’s in power in that party and they will never change.
When the NDP got in that was great at least the Conservative Party has to be a little accountable for what they do cause a victory is not assured. There was a lot of train wrecks running this province before the ndp yet the party still one no matter what. Sadly another train wreck will win.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Folks wondered why no response… I offered one.
A response isn't necessarily an answer.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:48 AM

NDP not showing up to public forums. They already take your vote for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-17-2023, 12:50 AM

Quote:
And do you lack info, but you’re gonna fill in the blanks with your favorite whatever.

I wasent gonna get into this but… I have a good friend who’s connected well to both the Provincial local UCP Board here as well as the Federal Conservatives.

This person can attest that local upc board members here got pretty much hijacked, bullied and pushed out with ‘floodrush the floor’ tactics. when the nomination for the UPC candidate here happened… the doors were closed early, long-standing upc members said their ID wasent valid (or sumpin like that) consequently we had hundreds of votes denied.
That’s a big reason conservatives down here are planning on sitting on their hands.

Take Back Alberta is the Alberta Alt-right…. And according to the folks I’ve talked to.. hijacked the party.
Lots of centrist and ‘red’ tories just outsted.

I will not hold my nose and vote for them.

It puts me in a serious who to vote for situation quite frankly.

Thanks for joining even if begrudgingly.
At least you have a explanation for your view.
I’m not surprised that a person connected to the ucp would see TBA as unwelcome influence, they have generally enjoyed a lack of accountability to the membership.
As far as I’m aware ( in my local ridings) TBA has followed the rules completely which does allow grass roots members to vote on the local board members.
It boggles the mind why civic engagement is now considered a bad thing.
When I went to school they taught us high voter turnout would be a good thing.

I’m not sure about the alt right thing, don’t know what to say other than I haven’t observed anything like that. I voted in the local constituency board elections for the first time in part because TBA showed me it could make a difference. Interestingly they didn’t tell me who to vote for.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Crabtree View Post
Thanks for joining even if begrudgingly.
At least you have a explanation for your view.
I’m not surprised that a person connected to the ucp would see TBA as unwelcome influence, they have generally enjoyed a lack of accountability to the membership.
As far as I’m aware ( in my local ridings) TBA has followed the rules completely which does allow grass roots members to vote on the local board members.
It boggles the mind why civic engagement is now considered a bad thing.
When I went to school they taught us high voter turnout would be a good thing.

I’m not sure about the alt right thing, don’t know what to say other than I haven’t observed anything like that. I voted in the local constituency board elections for the first time in part because TBA showed me it could make a difference. Interestingly they didn’t tell me who to vote for.
Because apathy to politics benefits the left. Especially here in Alberta. If they can convince you that who you vote for doesn’t matter. They ensure you don’t get up and vote conservative. Which most Albertan voters who don’t vote would.

If you think your vote doesn’t matter, try voting for 1 election and see how it works out. This might be the election where your 1 vote could be the difference between winning and losing.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-17-2023, 01:02 AM

Quote:
And do you lack info, but you’re gonna fill in the blanks with your favorite whatever.

I wasent gonna get into this but… I have a good friend who’s connected well to both the Provincial local UCP Board here as well as the Federal Conservatives.

This person can attest that local upc board members here got pretty much hijacked, bullied and pushed out with ‘floodrush the floor’ tactics. when the nomination for the UPC candidate here happened… the doors were closed early, long-standing upc members said their ID wasent valid (or sumpin like that) consequently we had hundreds of votes denied.
That’s a big reason conservatives down here are planning on sitting on their hands.

Take Back Alberta is the Alberta Alt-right…. And according to the folks I’ve talked to.. hijacked the party.
Lots of centrist and ‘red’ tories just outsted.

I will not hold my nose and vote for them.

It puts me in a serious who to vote for situation quite frankly.
Wait a minute are you suggesting that the TBA had the doors closed early and disallowed votes of members who disagreed with them?
How would a outside body get that done?
Both of those functions would have been overseen by the local ucp board who you claim TBA flooded the floor to vote out.
The flooding the floor thing is probably true but if the people were qualified voting members it’s hard to tell the difference between grassroots members and “populist extremists” ( but I’m trying to understand the difference)

Meanwhile the unions openly spend members money on political activism and I’m assured that’s fine.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:39 AM

Crabber… I’ll DM you as I seriously don wanna play in this muck

The Board election process was a hijack. Nomination process was dirty. This has happened in at least 9 other tidings. Best case scenario is that it’s far right eating center right splitting the vote.
The apparatchiks will busy themselves here now.

‘Grassroots movement’ or ‘targeted interest group movement’.

Could be either I guess….. until you follow the money. Pretty damn well funded group. Lots o Benjamin’s flowing …..

Last edited by bessiedog; 05-17-2023 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-17-2023, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
The federal carbon tax is much preferred versus the Notley one. At least under the federal plan I get some money back. Under Notley’s scheme, money was taken from my pocket, a rural resident with no access to public transportation, commute to work and given to some 18 year old living in their parents basement in Edmonton who has access to public transportation and probably not paying any of the home heating bills to boot.

The Notley carbon tax would have had to keep pace with the federal carbon tax as no way Trudeau would have let it not!
Old 05-17-2023, 05:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Which doesn't change the fact that many people, especially seniors, are used to accepting whatever the CBC broadcasts as fact. If the CBC reports something, they just accept it as true, even if it is liberal propaganda, or just a blatant lie, like the example that I posted.
As for the I have a friend stories, I have heard a lot of them, some are true, some are exaggerated, and some are worse than exaggerations.
And many have other avenues they explore to find their truth or what they like to hear.... unthreatening end of the month there will be a final decision made....maybe

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-17-2023, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Crabber… I’ll DM you as I seriously don wanna play in this muck

The Board election process was a hijack. Nomination process was dirty. This has happened in at least 9 other tidings. Best case scenario is that it’s far right eating center right splitting the vote.
The apparatchiks will busy themselves here now.

‘Grassroots movement’ or ‘targeted interest group movement’.

Could be either I guess….. until you follow the money. Pretty damn well funded group. Lots o Benjamin’s flowing …..
Hey Bessie has your union told you how to vote? Isn’t Nutley’s husband the head of CUPE.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:

The RCMP were ordered to destroy the long gun regustry information not associated with Quebec, yet they didn't do that, so they aren't even loyal to some federal governments. The former commissioner lied to advance Trudeau's anti firearms agenda. The RCMP chronies like Murray Smith are working with Trudeau's liberals to disarm Canadians. So the RCMP are no longer trustworthy, and have become political pawns. It doesn't matter if most officers are honest and trustworthy, if those at the top are corrupt. Cities and provinces are going to their own forces, so they have a force that is accountable to them, rather than the brass in Ottawa who ate now yes men for Trudeau.
Notley brought in a provincial carbon tax, before the federal carbon tax was imposed on us and Notley cost us about $2Billion by breaking the electrical contracts. Notley drove out a lot of investment by delaying the royalty review for months , and prevented fresh investment, with her anti oil agenda.
Notley opposed easing restrictions after the pandemic, which would have caused more lost jobs and bankruptcies, had she been in charge.
Notley's priority is to cater to unions and to expand government and the public sector, and to help Trudeau destroy the oil and gas sector in Alberta, all of which will cost Alberta money, and grow our debt. She will also support Trudeau's anti firearms agenda, and of course she will support all of Trudeau's other agendas, and oppose a federal conservative government, if Trudeau is defeated in the next federal election. If PP is elected and abolishes the federal carbon tax, she would bring back a provincial carbon tax.
The UCP certainly has issues, but they are far less dangerous to Alberta than Notley is. Once investment is driven out of Alberta oil and gas, there will be no bringing it back, and jobs and tax revenue, will be lost for good..
Old 05-17-2023, 07:11 AM

Dammit
I thought Notley was single!!

You’ve crushed my dreams.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:13 AM

Default Here's a question or two or three

1. Why is UCP debt acceptable, while NDP debt isn't?

2. Kenney and his UCP party invested 1.3 billion in a pipeline that the whole world could see would be canceled. Did we all forget this? Why is this acceptable?

3. Kenney and his UCP party lost 4 billion dollars during COVID. Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why is this acceptable.

I realize DS now heads the party. Note she does not run the party, she just a figure at the forefront. The blunders above were made by a Caucus. What about the 30 million dollar a year war room? Why are these UCP cash blunders acceptable.

Also Kenney cheated to win the leadership vote. Why is the RCMP investigation into this not yet completed?

Lots of questions to answer. Not sure from this that the UCP are the right choice.

Conservatives have run this province for 46 of the last 50 years and we aren't really any further ahead than when the Social Credits ran the place. Are we insane for doing the same thing over and over while getting the same results?

BW
Old 05-17-2023, 07:22 AM

It might be time to give the Alberta Party a chance. Nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out, vote them out in a few years.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
It might be time to give the Alberta Party a chance. Nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out, vote them out in a few years.
And the problem lies can you convince enough people to vote for them to make them relevant?

The nasty cycle in Canadian politics keeping us with the same parties in power over and over. Too many people fear change or the risk of the party that truly opposes their values

This is one of the biggest reasons we are governed by monkeys with no fear of repercussions
Old 05-17-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

2. Kenney and his UCP party invested 1.3 billion in a pipeline that the whole world could see would be canceled. Did we all forget this? Why is this acceptable?

3. Kenney and his UCP party lost 4 billion dollars during COVID. Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why is this acceptable.

I realize DS now heads the party. Note she does not run the party, she just a figure at the forefront. The blunders above were made by a Caucus. What about the 30 million dollar a year war room? Why are these UCP cash blunders acceptable.

Also Kenney cheated to win the leadership vote. Why is the RCMP investigation into this not yet completed?

Lots of questions to answer. Not sure from this that the UCP are the right choice.

Conservatives have run this province for 46 of the last 50 years and we aren't really any further ahead than when the Social Credits ran the place. Are we insane for doing the same thing over and over while getting the same results?

BW

Your beer goggles are dirty.

Pipeline issue ? Had the US election gone the other way it would have been a done deal. The only way the whole world knew it would be cancelled is after Trump lost . So BS

Covid ? Name me a govt of any stripe that came out of that unscathed. So BS

DS just a figure head? Notley isn’t though? So BS

Kenny cheated to win leadership? Prove it ! I guess Biden cheated to win presidency and Bettman made the Oilers lose to Vegas. Just because you don’t like the outcome doesn’t mean the fix is in. So BS

Conservatives have run this province for 50 yrs , yup and fairly well for the most part. Take out Medeling Federal governments and it might have been much better . So BS

Notley has nothing to offer but even higher taxes , She’s going to raise corporate taxes by 3%? I wonder where Corporations will get the money to fund that increase? Hmmm🤔
Laminated health care cards? Yup that’s a priority on the minds of so many Albertans.
Mostly the NDP platform consists of DS=bad , RN= good. But not sure what they are good for . I must say the NDP are very good at photoshopping Rachel to look 29ish

And last but not least. Kenny isn’t running in this election.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:53 AM

Funny thing. Politics brings out best of AO. We go back four years (2019), likely same arguments from same outdoorsmen. Cheers it’s May 17, 2023. Going to be a great weekend. 🍺🍺🍺🎯. Now to learn to catch/release sturgeon on NSR. Thank You ‘fishing hole’, for setting me up. 🎣🎣🎣
Old 05-17-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
The 1.3 billion hinged on the U.S, election, and had it gone the right way, it would have provided employment, and return on investment.

On the other hand, almost $2B lost because Notley broke electrical contracts with no chance of it bringing employment, or return on investment. It was almost $2B lost, for no other reason than to promote a green agenda.

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...-fiasco-mounts
Old 05-17-2023, 08:09 AM

These political discussions only create more division and accomplish squat... You won't change the opinion of others, they will vote for who they feel aligns with their beliefs.

Our politicians need to be held accountable for their respective platforms, federally, provincially and municipal. Here is where change will happen, until their is accountability, well broken promises and same old same old will prevail as it always does.

Platforms should be scrutinized annually, when "realistic" targets are not met the party is void of running the following election... Would be a welcome change to see our great province and country have some accountability to the people.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Mmmm, I looked at them during the last round - they lost me when they asked ol' Mandel to head them up. No thank you.

From what I gleaned from their platform, they're kind of more of a "Liberal Lite". Not sure they have the teeth to stand up to the Liberal Feds.

Strangely enough, I respected the provincial libs when Taft was at the helm. He displayed a level-headed approach that I have not seen in many politicians.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:17 AM

Just to follow up on post 327 and 346

Editorial in the Crowsnest Pass Herald regarding the Livingstone MacLeod nomination meetings.
https://www.passherald.ca/editorials...ion-and-voting

Global News article about Livingstone Macleod nomination meetings.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9577951/l...-back-alberta/

IMO, TBA is not the same as what we traditionally see when it comes to grassroots involvement.

Quote:
However, Take Back's biggest organizational feat was sending hundreds of believers to the UCP annual meeting last fall, all bent on electing TBA-supported directors to the party's provincial board.

The group swept all nine seats, to control half the party's influential board.

"That is a job that is only half done," Parker said months later in Grande Prairie. He explained that at the 2023 United Conservative AGM in Calgary, the other half of the provincial party board gets elected.

"So start saving up your money. We've got to go to Calgary and we have to finish this job."

This should be a non-partisan issue that everyone stands up against. Sadly, UCP supporters stand by and watch what is happening with their party the same way that federal Liberal supporters turn a blind eye to what purportedly happened in Don Valley North and several other ridings.
Closed Thread