Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2011, 03:06 PM

Default Camping Plans ....help!!!

I got a call from a buddy that I havent seen in years. He says lets get together this weekend and do some camping. We talk about Kallispell for a moment or two and then agree to make more concrete plans later tonight. A few minutes later he calls back and is a little hesitant, says thats a heck of a drive for him. He has been working in Fort St John and will be driving from John to Buck Lake (where he lives) on thursday. I can understand him not wanting to haul that far for a weekend so I offered to meet him anywhere between Buck Lake and Schuler. Niether of us were able to come up with any ideas on where to meet. So I am asking you guys to help. Some perks would be: some where to fish, a playground for the kids, a beach? Some other things to keep in mind :Our units are approximately 30ft, we are still in our 20's...barely...but still in our 20's so although we dont carry on like we used to, we certainly dont go to bed before the sun either. Oh and my childrens ages are 5, and 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Trevor W
Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM

not sure where schuler is but I would go to Burntstick lake. Decent campground, little beach, little fishing but best of all pretty quiet
Old 06-21-2011, 07:18 PM

I would try Medicine Lake it is beautiful there. Fishing, boating, camping
Where all my family from Buck Lake like to go when I still lived there thats one of the places we went fishing for the day.