Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Banned

Default Ipad 2 Info

Hey all, Im just wondering if any of you have an Ipad 2 (or ipad for thatmatter), Im thinking about buying one but dont know if I would actually use it much other than watching movies on planes and such. Also, which apps would you recomend?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 PM

Default ipad2

I just got an ipad2 from work for work purposes. With it I can check my email while away from a computer, access my work documents via an online site and edit and use these documents, control and access my computer remotely, access an online task list that my supervisor can update/monitor remotely, read books, play games, watch videos, use it for teaching purposes, use it for travel maps/gps, get flight info and updates on whether or not your luggage got lost, your hotel reservation got cancelled, etc., etc., etc.....

My suggestion is to explore the Apps that are available for an ipad2 and then use your imagination as to the kind of things you would like to do for your life and work and to extend your reach. You can do such much with this tool.

If you are a hunter, check out maps, etc. You might be able to find out things like private/public lands in you area. You may be able to overlay this with gps access so that you always know exactly where you are while hunting and know whether or not it is legal to hunt at your current location. Just a thought...

Sadly, this cool little piece of technology cannot turn you into a surgeon or a rock star, or a super hunter, or any cool thing like that!

Robin (spouse of SycoSean)
Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 PM

Default Ipad2 app

My wife found an app you might find useful. iFish Alberta. Also there are several apps for hunting calls for whitetails, predators,etc.

I hope this helps.

SycoSean
Old 04-15-2011, 07:46 PM

We've had one for a year (1st gen) and we love it, my 4yr old plays on it all the time, we put movies, games etc... on it for him, getting a few of the iPad 2's in a bit...facetime when one of us is out of town for business
Old 04-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Thought I would share this for anyone who is chomping at the bit to get a iPad 2. The Blackberry version is do out in the next couple weeks. It could be the iPads best competition so far. Also due out before Christmas is the iPad3.
So maybe you wanna wait just a bit to check out these new ones....?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 PM

Default BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
Thought I would share this for anyone who is chomping at the bit to get a iPad 2. The Blackberry version is do out in the next couple weeks. It could be the iPads best competition so far. Also due out before Christmas is the iPad3.
So maybe you wanna wait just a bit to check out these new ones....?
Do your homework on the BB unit. Getting very poor reviews. Even though they are late to market, an early complaint is that it almost like they rushed the product to the market.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

I was looking into the BB one because I already have a blackberry and igured they might sync well, but after readin some reviews about them I decided against them. It seems as though apple is at the forefront of these new technologies. Is there an internet browser or something similar on the Ipad so I can still check out various sites like this?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:39 PM

Can't go wrong with Angry Birds.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:09 PM

Default ipad2

Is there an internet browser or something similar on the Ipad so I can still check out various sites like this?

The iPad2 is an Apple (Mac) product. This means it's internet browser is Safari. You can use Safari to access sites like this one the same as accessing it on your computer.

Robin
Old 04-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Banned

Sweet thanks for the help. Shortly after I posted I figured out the Internet browser thing, using it right now!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:57 PM

debating myself but that motorola zoom is very very appealing
Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle30 View Post
Do your homework on the BB unit. Getting very poor reviews. Even though they are late to market, an early complaint is that it almost like they rushed the product to the market.
plus the first vesion does not have a cell option in Canada, it is wifi only. You will not be able to use it on the go without a tether to your current BB. I have an ipad2 (just got it) the wife hates it already, so I guess that means I like it. And what the other guy said Angry birds HD!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:13 AM

Everyone one else will always be trying to catch Apple.
I have both, they are awesome.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-16-2011, 07:21 AM

I use Blackberry products for the security they offer when communicating with my clients and ease of setup to be compliant with my industry regulations. Blackberry Playbook is next on the list. Having to tether the two BB's is just fine with me as the Playbook will be used when I am away from the office. keeping all my email accounts in sync on my desktop, laptop, phone and tablet is very important to me.
Just want a tool to get my job done efficiently.