Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Default Thoughts on Trophy Ridge V5 Sights

I'm taking a close look at this sight for my Hoyt Rampage XT, but I'm not sure how I'll react to the vertical sight pins. The sight I'm interested in is the Alpha V5, which runs about $120 at BassPro.

I want it mainly for hunting, and am interested in it because of the clearer and less obstructed sight picture that the in-line pins offer. Any thoughts, experiences, suggestions, are welcome!

Thanks y'all,
D99
Old 04-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
I'm taking a close look at this sight for my Hoyt Rampage XT, but I'm not sure how I'll react to the vertical sight pins. The sight I'm interested in is the Alpha V5, which runs about $120 at BassPro.

I want it mainly for hunting, and am interested in it because of the clearer and less obstructed sight picture that the in-line pins offer. Any thoughts, experiences, suggestions, are welcome!

Thanks y'all,
D99
I have a Micro Alpha V5 on my HCA Speed Pro, on 2 of my other bows I have the 5 pin Trophy Ridge Matrix sights. So having bought and used 3 of them I like em. I have had one of these sights since they first came out. I still use the Matrix sights on my other 2 bows.

The Alpha V5 I have was a bit hard to get used to setting up. (I bought it as a demo unit and didnt get instructions) One thing I cannot stress enough is make sure you ALWAYS use the proper size allen key for your adjustments. I was using the wrong one at first (cause mine didnt come with one) and I almost fubar'ed it.

I do like the bigger sight picture and I find the pins on this sight really bright! The tough thing is getting the pins all lined up square to your eye. If you aren't looking square to the pins they will appear to drift from right to left or left to right (depending on which "side" you are looking at). With the windage being the largest difference at further distances.....if this isn't clear let me know and I will take pics to demonstrate what I mean.

To each his own but I like the vert pins.

Lefty
Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the info Lefty!