Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 12:28 AM

Default Trapline thieves!!

Aprox. Dec 22 or the 23 we had someone drive an old oilfield road on our trapline and steal 3 complete marten sets.
On Christmas day after all the gifts were opened and lunch was eaten we decided to go see if Santa stuffed anything in our traps.
Driving down the old lease road I noticed some tire tracks that were not ours but It is a common occurance now that cow elk season is extended till Jan20, so I never even thought about my traps.
When getting to the first one and seeing fresh human tracks there too I started to worry , they went in on our trail and took the whole set , and the next 3 sets also!.
If this was just my trapline I wouldn't be so upset, but the 13 year old boy took this pretty hard , yes on Christmas day.
So to the scum bags who put a damper on Christmes day for a 13 year old boy " thanks you pair of jerks" I hope you are happy!!!
Hopefully the two that did this are not reading this , as I would hate for that kind of scumbags to be a part of this forum.
Sorry just need to rant a bit.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:42 AM

Sorry to hear that, unbelievable what some people do.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:12 AM

There are far too many stupid people running around with guns for far too long.

We need big game seasons to end by Nov 21. Give more tags if necessary to achieve desired harvests, but no more of these late hunting seasons.

A guy doesn't dare put snares out anywhere until all these stupid people go home. If they find your snares once then you will combat them for years unless you cease trapping that location.

Too bad all these stupid people. They make the ethical hunters look bad.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI-UTE View Post

We need big game seasons to end by Nov 21. Give more tags if necessary to achieve desired harvests, but no more of these late hunting seasons.

A guy doesn't dare put snares out anywhere until all these stupid people go home. If they find your snares once then you will combat them for years unless you cease trapping that location.

My thuoghts exactly!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:40 AM

I know how you feel. I wasn't able to hunt this year and decided to put my trail camera up (Nov. 1st) on a 1/4 that is off limits to hunting. My kids were excited to see what pictures we would have so I went to get the camera and some #&%!@ jerk has taken it. It would have been before the snow as there were no tracks. I bet the jerk noticed it and relized that his mug was on it so he got rid of the evidence. We need a year long season on JERKS!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovis40 View Post
I bet the jerk noticed it and relized that his mug was on it so he got rid of the evidence. We need a year long season on JERKS!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI-UTE View Post

x2
Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 PM

Boy thats really sad, it is so hard when people wreck things for others. I hope you find out who it is, but chances are slim....
People like this are just plain disgusting....
Old 01-06-2011, 05:59 PM

so you guys have a few traps stolen well that is crappy and not right but to call for an early end to hunting season is just stupid. give youre head a shake
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Banned

Put a wanted ad on kijiji or in the local paper looking for the same traps that you lost. Be sneaky and don't ask for the same amount that you lost though. Some theives are pretty stupid (and greedy) and someone might show up trying to sell you your own traps. If you can recognize the traps as yours, you've got him.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 PM

That stuff just drives me crazy. Very sorry to hear about your loss. People are just amazing these days, There are so many that have no respect for others at all. People just steal everything,its unreal. I had a stand stolen i know how your son must feel. Its amazing that when i am the only person allowed on the land i hunt and your stuff still goes missing. Worst of it is our local guides and there hunters that they sneek in everywhere, drives me fricken crazy.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskybaron View Post
so you guys have a few traps stolen well that is crappy and not right but to call for an early end to hunting season is just stupid. give youre head a shake
Why label them hunters ? On my reg. line about 4 years ago i had a well operator help me out on my line one winter he was making about $70,000 a year and i guess he needed a few marten to sub, his pay but to say it has to do with hunters im not so sure that would solve a thing( A )holes every where at any time
Old 01-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskybaron View Post
X2 That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that.