Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-24-2010, 05:50 AM

Default Gun shop(s) in Red Deer

In April of 2008 I was travelling through Alberta and stopped at a number of gun shops in Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary. At the time, Red Deer had a gun shop that was closing and had close-out sales. Didn't see anything significant there as the shelves were all but bare. I went to another Gun shop in Red Deer but can't remember the name of the store. I seem to remember that there was a decent selection of guns on hand and the guy had some stuff in an up stairs place. Probably where he stored his over-stock. Anybody know the name of this store...? And do they have a website?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:19 AM

Sportsmens den, no website but they do post in the dealer section here and can be reached at 403 347 7678
Old 10-24-2010, 06:52 AM

Default Gun shop(s) in Red Deer

Thanks for the response... I found the staff were friendly and helpful... I would have bought off of them but they just didn't have the gun of choice in stock at the time. They were willing to order it though. When I'm in Alberta again, I'll take a visit to this shop again and stroll the isles for something interesting.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:11 AM

That store that was closing out when you were there was Backcountry Sports. The old management of that has opened a new place called Wolverine Guns & Tackle that's located immediately south of the Costco. They had a good inventory last time I was through, prices were a bit more than WSS for sure though.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Sportsmens den, no website but they do post in the dealer section here and can be reached at 403 347 7678
Doubt you'll find a better equipped store in Calgary or Edmonton and customer friendly. Just be ready to twist and turn, going down the isles.

Grizz
Old 10-24-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Doubt you'll find a better equipped store in Calgary or Edmonton and customer friendly. Just be ready to twist and turn, going down the isles.

Grizz
As I had mentioned, I was only in the store one time and they left a positive impression on me. So the tight aisle space, doesn't mean a whole lot, but being appreciated as a customer does...!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrambler View Post
So the tight aisle space, doesn't mean a whole lot, but being appreciated as a customer does...!
Tight aisle space just means more inventory. They don't always have what i want (i like oddball stuff), but they never have bare shelves either. I can't make that statement about alot of other places.