Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 PM

Default Barnes TSX Bullets

I'm not one to complain about much but ... I purchased Barnes Triple Shock X-Bullets in 7mm/.284 dia 150 grain Boattails from Bass Pro Shops - I bought a bunch of stuff, and did not really pay too much attention to my bill. However, when I got home, I had a looksee over my bill and .. ZOMG... $79.99 / box of 50 bulets. I was thinking to myself wow the price for these things has gone way up, so I decided to check out wholesale sports ... same bullets are listed as $45.99 on their website ... Bass Pro was very understanding and promptly refunded the difference ... so if anyone is purchasing these bullets at bass pro, be sure the check the prices out.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Default thanks for the heads up

Not really a fan of having to be ever vigilant against some shop that is out to screw me. Sounds like Basspro was trying to pull one over on unsuspecting buyers. They can count me off their future customer list and keep me on their past customer list. No reason to be that much out of whack on their prices. That is gouging. Good on them for refunding your money...but I don't feel like going through all that hassle. Lots of locally owned gun shops to buy stuff at, and I don't have to worry about getting bent over the pickle barrel.

I haven't bought a gun in a while (been at least 6 months now) but when I do it will be from Clay at Prophet River...his prices can't be beat and sounds like he will really go to bat for his customers.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:05 PM

Last I saw a few months back were that they were just under $50/box...
Old 07-22-2010, 01:07 AM

It was some sort of glitch. I looked last night and the sticker said I believe $48 or $49.99.

Someone must have made a mistake with the SKU#.

Last edited by Cowtown guy; 07-22-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 AM

I would have to say that I have never found the prices to be that out of whack if anything I have found that there pricing has been the other way. I have found things that were priced from there US stores..
Old 07-22-2010, 08:11 AM

My brother paid the same for the same bullets,he took them back too. I think what they try and do is hope that the purchase of a new gun over-shadows the accessories prices. Lots of people don't shop around and just pay that price, but the people who do know catch on.I don't buy bullets there.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 AM

I expect to see price differeces betwee stores - maybe 5-10% with some items higher / some lower between stores and it doesn't really bother me .. a doubling of price is umm, wrong IMO ... I was at the store yesterday aroud 2 pm - I checked the "sticker" price on the bullets I purchased, at that time the sticker on the shelf did say $79.99, so hopefully they changed it, I guess someone likely made a mistake somewhere, happens .. if I did't catch it would have been good for them and not for me lol , anyhow just thought I'd let people know so they can keep an eye out , cheers