Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM

Question New Target?

im looking for a new broadhead/feild point target. im not interested in buying one of those bag ones. i was looking for something like that foam block target etc. any suggestions? prices?
i have been seriously been considering that Rinehart 18-1 rig. mostly because of good reviews, price (105$ CAD on Cabelas) and i like the idea behind it. any other ideas? and any idea on where i could find one of these 18-1 targets? i dont think ive ever seen them in a store, and i would really rather not oreder one, im sure the shipping cost would be pretty steep.
thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka_stainless View Post
im looking for a new broadhead/feild point target. im not interested in buying one of those bag ones. i was looking for something like that foam block target etc. any suggestions? prices?
i have been seriously been considering that Rinehart 18-1 rig. mostly because of good reviews, price (105$ CAD on Cabelas) and i like the idea behind it. any other ideas? and any idea on where i could find one of these 18-1 targets? i dont think ive ever seen them in a store, and i would really rather not oreder one, im sure the shipping cost would be pretty steep.
thanks
the rinehart 18-1 is an awesome target so it the new rhino target both can be shot with either field points of broadheads. most archery shops will be able to get them for you. I know our local one here has both the 18-1 and rhino target in stock
Old 06-21-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
the rinehart 18-1 is an awesome target so it the new rhino target both can be shot with either field points of broadheads. most archery shops will be able to get them for you. I know our local one here has both the 18-1 and rhino target in stock
thanks, good to know. whereabouts is this local store that has them in stock?
thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM

Default Target

Basspro in calgary sells the 18-1 for about 120.00 unless their sold out, they had them about 3weeks ago.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Cant go wrong with the 18-1. Durable, easy to shoot, easy to pull arrows. Its just an awesome target. Great size and some great visibility as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Banned

and rhino has a new larger one out called the brute or something, i'm waiting for that one to hit the shops to check out but my research also says the rhino's are the ones to get
Old 06-22-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
and rhino has a new larger one out called the brute or something, i'm waiting for that one to hit the shops to check out but my research also says the rhino's are the ones to get
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka_stainless View Post
thanks, good to know. whereabouts is this local store that has them in stock?
thanks
Jodi-Lee Archery has them both in lloydminster
Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM

Thanks for all the input guys, all very helpful. i gave SPA a call today and it turns out they dont have any in stock at the moment. im gonna give trophy book and stoney creek in whitecourt a call tomorow and see what they've got. im heading to edmonton on saturday, so does anyone know any shops in between whitecourt and edmonton, or any others in edmonton that i could give a call to find one of these targets?
thanks alot
Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 PM

Rinehart has 2 new targets- the Brute(16"x16"x16") and the Rhino Block (16"x16"x13"). The block has a replaceable core, the Brute does not. You can't go wrong with either. I've had the 18-1 for 3 seasons, I guess, and still going strong, and now have had the Rhino for about 6 weeks. The Rhino is the 18-1 and then some! The best field point/ broad head combo target on the market!

http://www.ferniergc.com/
Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dshooter View Post
Rinehart has 2 new targets- the Brute(16"x16"x16") and the Rhino Block (16"x16"x13"). The block has a replaceable core, the Brute does not. You can't go wrong with either. I've had the 18-1 for 3 seasons, I guess, and still going strong, and now have had the Rhino for about 6 weeks. The Rhino is the 18-1 and then some! The best field point/ broad head combo target on the market!
X2
Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 AM

I shot at the rinehart at jodi lees when I was there and I like it ,nice target.I also have a black hole,I think its from walmart.works good for broadheads and field points.

timba
Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 PM

Try Accurate archery (just south of spruce grove) he has a few targets there not sure which one's he has but great service, and if he doesn't have what you are looking for he can usually get it fairly quick. I do know one he has which I have shoot at has a lifetime warranty for about $100, Just not sure of the name. you would have to give him a call.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Rhinehart 18-1 x3
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineman View Post
Try Accurate archery (just south of spruce grove) he has a few targets there not sure which one's he has but great service, and if he doesn't have what you are looking for he can usually get it fairly quick. I do know one he has which I have shoot at has a lifetime warranty for about $100, Just not sure of the name. you would have to give him a call.
What he said.

So how is that baddaz new bow of yours shootin anyways?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:38 AM

Thumbs up Shoots great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
What he said.

So how is that baddaz new bow of yours shootin anyways?
oh it is shooting great, i love it! only trouble is it is putting arrows rite through my old target and ruining the fletches, therefore i get to go get a new target. But, all in all it is a great bow, took in to SPA and got it adjusted a little, and so far so good, thanks again,