Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 PM

Default Who likes Italian guns?

For those that like Italian guns , here is one company whose representatives are as good looking as the products they sell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwOt...eature=related
Cat
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM

British TV Host: "You make some wonderful guns. Lets go and have a look at them."

Do you sense a bit of a double entendre there?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM

Default army rifles

Italian Army Rifles are usually a good buy. Dad would say they were only fired once and dropped. The orriginal ones still had the white flgs tied to them.
My first gun was a 6.55x55 Italian Carcano.
As i recall, it was a pretty good shooter.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-river View Post
Italian Army Rifles are usually a good buy. Dad would say they were only fired once and dropped. The orriginal ones still had the white flgs tied to them.
My first gun was a 6.55x55 Italian Carcano.
As i recall, it was a pretty good shooter.
I understand the forward gears in their tanks are still like new too.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
For those that like Italian guns , here is one company whose representatives are as good looking as the products they sell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwOt...eature=related
Cat
CAT How you doin? Wassa da name of da company. I dona can get youtube at work. I'd like to ggogle it.

Abe
Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 AM

mama mee a thatsa nice a gun
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 AM

impressionante
Some of that inlay and scroll work is sure nice. Wish I could afford one of those side by each fowlers.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 AM
sheephunter

Italian Artisan Fine Shotgun Makers Coming to Toronto!

Brescia, Italy April 15th, 2010. Mario Cietterio, CEO of Fiera di Brescia today announced that an elite group of Italy’s finest shotgun manufacturers will be traveling to Canada for the first ever EXA International presentation of their universally acclaimed masterworks on June 12 &13, 2010 at the Metro Toronto Convention Center.

“For more than five hundred years, renowned craftsmen and gun makers have been creating the world’s finest sporting arms in Brescia’s mountainous Lombardy region of northern Italy. State-of-the-art technology melded with traditional hand craftsmanship contribute to Italy’s enviable reputation of being one of the most desired shotgun creators in the world.

“To the impassioned hunting and sporting arms community, our shotguns are synonymous with fine engraving, spectacular woodwork and precision metal-to-wood fit”, noted Mr. Cietterio.

To the shotgun purist, these Italian creations are an art form as delicate and refined as any renaissance painter would have been capable of creating. From the country that shares with us some of the world’s finest wine and cuisine; designs and builds the world’s the most revered automobiles; creates and presents some of the planet’s most stunning fashions on the runways of Milano, comes without question, some of the world’s finest sporting arms.
Fiera di Brescia, host of EXA International, The Italian Fine Gun exhibit has been offering this exclusive event in Brescia for the last 29 years. For the first time ever, they are availing an international sampling of their show for Canadians to experience this June 12 and 13th at the Metro Toronto Convention Center.

Canadian television host Thomas Pigeon of Canada’s most watched hunting adventure documentary series “Canada In The Rough” and his production company Dancing Buffalo Productions have been requested by EXA to appear and assist in promoting this special event. Having recently returned from EXA 2010 in northern Italy, Mr. Pigeon is quoted as saying, “Italian gun making is truly an art form. I have never, ever seen such an amazing array of superbly engineered, stunningly brilliant yet highly functional sporting arms in my life.”
From the large respected brands that are well known to Canadians to the smaller boutique artisans, this collection of gun makers and their prized works are coming this June to EXA International in Toronto. We believe they will dazzle the eyes and inspire the minds of avid collectors and shooting sports enthusiasts of all kinds. Most of these family owned businesses will have the actual proprietors, senior family members and/or renowned craftsmen in attendance, accompanied by a select few Italian dignitaries. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the Canadian hunting and sport shooting community to interact person-to-person with these visionary artisans.
You are cordially invited to participate, compliments of Fiera Di Brescia, The Lombardy region of Italy and the Camera di Commercio Brescia (Brescia Chamber of Commerce).

For more information or to receive your complimentary E-Pass to the event, visit: www.exacanada.com
Or Contact: Ugo Pennacchietti – 905-829-5503
Old 04-29-2010, 04:05 PM

Italian Artisan Fine Shotgun Makers Coming to Toronto!

I wonder if Mayor Miller invited them ?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:07 PM

Default Exa

Damn, now I have to come up with an excuse to get to Toronto!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-river View Post
Who put the last three shots in Mussolini?
"Fifty Italian snipers"
Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKLEY ABE View Post
CAT How you doin? Wassa da name of da company. I dona can get youtube at work. I'd like to ggogle it.

Abe
The girls run a company that was started by their father , Stefano Fausti , in 1948.
here is a link to their website!
http://www.faustistefanoarms.com/default.asp?lang=eng
Here is 5 pounds of 28 gauge fury!

Cat
Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Definately Nice Guns..
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 PM

Is that piece yours cat?
Old 04-30-2010, 01:14 PM

you must have finally got your gun. Nice pipe cat.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchsl View Post
Is that piece yours cat?
YUP, and thank you for the compliments!
REALLY fast handling ,removable chokes, ejectors, and some other goodies thrown in .
the butt plate BTW, is a separate piece of checkered walnut that is held in place by two screws that are also checkered.
Cat
Old 04-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Default gun show in TO?

Whats next? Nazis having their annual meeting in Israel? Alberta Beef producers hiring KD Lang as spokesperson?

These gun makers should be made aware what a gun unfriendly city TO is and that they should NOT be giving their convention money and spin-offs to these radical left wing fascists.

Oh yeah...one more thing...Pigeon is way overrated and is a TERRIBLE representative of CDN hunters/outdoorsmen.

AND...thats is a damn gorgeous fowling piece Cat.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Banned

Hello Cat:

Single or double trigger. What kind of chokes? Is the reciever case hardened?

What kind of locking system does it imitate? What type of rib? What kind of balance.

Have you patterned it yet? Any shouldering or major fitting problems.?

Just sort of wondering and drooling?

Cheers to your Fausti
Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 PM

I have to agree on the Toronto thing, but it must be because it is a central location , or maybe the promoter has a location there that can be utilized cheap?
And thanks for the compliment!
The Spaniards have been know to build a nice lightweight SXS as well, here is my Fausti next to Oldbadger's Ugartechea side lock!
Cat

Old 04-30-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Hello Cat:

Single or double trigger. What kind of chokes? Is the reciever case hardened?

What kind of locking system does it imitate? What type of rib? What kind of balance.

Have you patterned it yet? Any shouldering or major fitting problems.?

Just sort of wondering and drooling?

Cheers to your Fausti
single trigger, five flush mount chokes included, traditional bone and charcoal case hardening on the receiver, raised style rib only slightly tapered, traditional chopper lump box lock, the gun weighs 5 lbs. flat, balance right on the hinge pin.
I have not bothered to pattern it yet, just started crushing clays with it, and no no shouldering or fitting problems - the gun was made to my DatC, LoP, and cast specs. I did not concern myself with the pitch, simply because i find that it only matters if you are shouldering the gun a certain way - with a hunting gun , you may be in any position, so LOP and drop are more of a concern, but that is just my opinion, others may not agree!

Last edited by catnthehat; 04-30-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

Thanks for the pictures Cat.
A picture is a worth a thousand words.... and now we should talk about stock dimensions....just kidding

Thanks again.