Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-31-2010, 10:42 AM

Default Best Place to Purchase Rifle

I am new to Edmonton area and looking to purchase a new Rilfe.looking at the Remington XCR 30-06. Looking for a place the will provider good customer service and offer the best bang for my buck any sugestions. Thanks Tom
Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 AM

Cheapest will be Wholesale Sports.

What do you mean by "customer service"?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM

I buy all my stuff right now from Omineca Source for Sports in Vanderhoof BC and i have to say Mark the guy i deal with there is great!!! i believe they may have what your looking for in stock give them a shout and ask for Mark!!

heres there number:1 866 567 9885
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 AM

Customer service -What I mean is are they approchable, Been along time since I purchased a firearm. My buddy and I went to one place no names mentioned and wanted to look at a few brands/styles before I purchased a rifle . The guy behind the counter continued to talk to anther employ and acted like we did not exist I was not impressed so I left. I want a place where they are willing to answer question, hand 4 or five rifles over the counter and discuss and answer questions. If there is an issue with the firearm they point me in the right direction for answers.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:17 AM

Thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt3 View Post
Customer service -What I mean is are they approchable, Been along time since I purchased a firearm. My buddy and I went to one place no names mentioned and wanted to look at a few brands/styles before I purchased a rifle . The guy behind the counter continued to talk to anther employ and acted like we did not exist I was not impressed so I left. I want a place where they are willing to answer question, hand 4 or five rifles over the counter and discuss and answer questions. If there is an issue with the firearm they point me in the right direction for answers.
Ok gotcha....WSS in South Edmonton will let you handle rifles until you are sick of them.....if you are set on the Browning Im sure they have one there.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 AM

Not set on Browning -I have afew other Remington rifles all have world well so kind of set on what works. Looking for the all round gun cal that candrope just about anything we have in the woods. Any suggetions
Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 AM

As for Service, and being able and willing to answer questions, and let you handle the rifle's you are interested in I would point you in the direction of P&D downtown Edmonton 115st and just south of 106ave.
However I don't know that they are always the cheapest place to buy your rifle. Some brands they can do a better price then WSS but its not your hands down price winner by any means
Old 01-31-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt3 View Post
Not set on Browning -I have afew other Remington rifles all have world well so kind of set on what works. Looking for the all round gun cal that candrope just about anything we have in the woods. Any suggetions
sorry , not Browning, I meant Remington....

The xcr is a fine rifle. Remington has great actions and in 30-06 or 300 win you would have a great all around rifle. Lots of bullet selection too....and if you reload, the skys the limit.

I think you are leaning towards the right rifle. Shoulder a few at WSS just to make sure.....

That's part of the fun
Old 01-31-2010, 01:20 PM

Wholesale Sports