Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
So true. I'm a huge Tarantino fan and I can honestly say I've never seen a bad movie he made. Some are definitely better than others but all have been worth $5 and a bowl of popcorn. Pulp Fiction definitely broke new ground in the film industry. I think Jackie Brown was one of his most underrated and Resrvoir Dogs was one of his best. I'm still not sure about the episode of CSI that he directed though
I loved Jackie Brown...I'd like to watch that one again

I think I was a little on the young side when Pulp Fiction first came out, so I didn't really 'get it' but I've seen it many times since and have become a big fan. Definitely ground breaking like you said.

As for the CSI episode...I didn't even know that he'd directed one

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 PM

My girlfriend at the time suckered me into "dying young" back in the early nineties, ever since then I can't watch anything resembling a "chick flick" without getting

As far as No country goes here's an explanation of the ending, it's one of my favourites now but when I first watched it I was thinkingWTF?

"In the end, Ed Tom (Jones) has already decided on retirement (life) rather than bringing the killer (Bardem) to justice. He knows he found the killer. The Sheriff retires because he realizes that the country he covers (south Texas) is No Country for Old Men. So in the end, he sits at the table and tells his wife about a dream: he heads into snowy, dangerous mountains (his life as a sheriff), and a man goes on ahead of him to await him (the killer still awaits). And then he woke up to the fact that in real life he was acting out this dream. So in the end, rather than live the nightmarish, lethal continuation of the dream, he wakes up to choosing the safer life of retirement. He has taken the lesson from his forcibly retired colleague in the wheelchair: a life of disability isn't worth it.

Actually, the Coen brothers left a big clue when Sheriff Ed Tom goes to the hotel room (behind the crime scene yellow tape) where the assassin, Chigurh, waits. Chigurh has shot the lock cylinder out, indicating to Ed that it's Chigurh's doing, and BOTH of them watch the other's movement in the reflection in the shiny lock tube. Ed Tom draws his pistol and enters for a search, and realizes the killer is still within, given the locked window in the far room.

"Momma, take this badge offa me, ... I feel I'm knockin on heaven's door." -- Bob Dylan, and it's beautifully captured on Jones' old, wincing face when he sits on the bed. So rather than shoot it out, he trusts the killer not to kill him, and he walks out, without pushing it to the point where the killer's other victims utter, "You don't have to do that."

So rather than risk his life, he lets go of capturing his quarry and retires."
Old 01-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Am I the only one who saw Anaconda! That is one unbelievably bad movie.

As far as Apocalypse Now.....Dude! Charlie don't surf! Napalm in the morning! Smells like VICTORY! It doesn't get any better than that! Well maybe Full Metal Jacket...now that was a great classic!

Armageddon! Come on! Liv Tyler and her pouty lips, Steve Buscemi as Rockhound...A rocket ship built from millions of pieces put together by the lowest bidder (or something to that effect)!

Eyes Wide Shut with Nicole Kidman as eye candy could never be a bad movie!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:06 PM

I haven't seen it, and I promise I never will, but Brokeback Mountain gets my vote. Gay cowboys
Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delburnedave View Post
I haven't seen it, and I promise I never will, but Brokeback Mountain gets my vote. Gay cowboys
I was glad that no one had brought that movie up yet as to judge it worst means you saw it

Please tell me you're just going on what you heard...
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:

Sheep, please tell me you're not so insecure in your manhood that you worry that seeing a gay man will make you one.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by delburnedave

I was glad that no one had brought that movie up yet as to judge it worst means you saw it

never seen it, but it gets my vote, Eyes Wide Shut is a close second. Couldn't watch more than 15 min before I shut the tv off.
As for Bowling Columbine, it looks as though Moore did a good job of blowing his brains out of his nose on that one. Heston hit the nail right on the head when Moore asked him why there was so much gun violence in America, which was "cultural".
Old 01-27-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Of course it's just what I heard LOL, gawd, from what I've heard you couldn't make me watch that thing at gunpoint. What will they try next? Gay hunting videos?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Sheep, please tell me you're not so insecure in your manhood that you worry that seeing a gay man will make you one.
No sense in taking the chance I say. It happened to my mother's uncle's cousin's daughter's brother, so I know it can happen
Old 01-27-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delburnedave View Post
Of course it's just what I heard LOL, gawd, from what I've heard you couldn't make me watch that thing at gunpoint. What will they try next? Gay hunting videos?

That would make it EXTRA Wild TV then right?

Tree
Old 01-27-2010, 06:15 PM

Ok....seriously. No one is gonna say it??? I'm gonna have to be the one who says it?

ok....here it goes.......Ishtar.

Oh and any movie that has Nicholas Cage in it. Or any movie that had Nicholas Cage even walk on set. Or any movie where an actor had lunch with Nicholas Cage during the filming, or even thought of the name Nicholas Cage during filming. Did I mention that I don't care for Nicholas Cage.............................................. ...'cuz he SUCKS!

k
Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeks View Post
Ok....seriously. No one is gonna say it??? I'm gonna have to be the one who says it?

ok....here it goes.......Ishtar.

Oh and any movie that has Nicholas Cage in it. Or any movie that had Nicholas Cage even walk on set. Or any movie where an actor had lunch with Nicholas Cage during the filming, or even thought of the name Nicholas Cage during filming. Did I mention that I don't care for Nicholas Cage.............................................. ...'cuz he SUCKS!

k
somebody already called out ishtar, now i need to see if its really that bad.
but i will agree with you completley about nick cage. he is the biggest douche bag over actor in the industry. when him and travollta were having their faces switched i was really hoping they wouldnt make it through the procedure.

another nominee.... captains corielles mandelin. the worst fake italian accent ever produced by anyone (nick cage) . in one of the most horribly boring "war" movies.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Elf. Thats all you need to know.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 PM

This one would not fit in the " worst " category as there are so many bad movies it's hard to pick just one...but in the category of " worst ; damaging " it would be ...wait for it...
BAMBI... corrupted generations of young minds and is probably responsible for the whole PETA movement.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Noel View Post
Elf. Thats all you need to know.
Whats all you need to know ? The Elf main food groups ? " candy ,candy canes , candy corns and .. syrup "
Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM

My list would be far too long winded for this forum. We're serious movie buffs, and we've seen more bad movies than good ones.

Quote:
Really? I thought it was classic Tarintino...not his best but Brad Pitt was awesome. Shows what I have for taste....
We thought it was great We're big Tarintino fans, though.

Yes, Brad Pitt delivered a great performance. It almost makes up for his truly wretched and pathetic performance in "Troy."

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover View Post
This one would not fit in the " worst " category as there are so many bad movies it's hard to pick just one...but in the category of " worst ; damaging " it would be ...wait for it...
BAMBI... corrupted generations of young minds and is probably responsible for the whole PETA movement.
I agree, but thank God it didn't corrupt me.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Good guys Wear black - the ONLY chuck Norris movie I ever or ever will watch .
Fell asleep in the danged thing it was so bad.
Cat
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM

you know a movie really sucks when even Kate in the shower cant count as the single redeeming feature. And I second the comment about the lights, did they leave them on so we could see how bad the movie really was?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM

Default And the winner is.....

Cop

and

a

half