Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-21-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM59 View Post
My first visit to the range at 100 yrds using core-lokts. I was breaking in the barrel at this stage cleaning between every 3 shots and adjusting the scope(Zeiss Conquest) to zero. Group (D) measured <0.5". This gun shoots just as well as my Sako 85 and Bansner Ultimate one(280AI). Its a great gun for the rough stuff.

Looks same as my barrel break in with my tikka. The more shots down the pipe the better she shoots. I love my plastic junk gun. lol
Old 12-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

Geeez not you again sheep hunter! If I said white I think you would say black.
I honestly think you need a life. How many posts do you have? Over 6,000.
Does that tell you something? You must be "Orion", the hunting god. Over 6000 answers/questions probably from .177 pellet gun to Tiger Woods. Who are you? The great white hunter, god, oh no don't tell me, your not one of those "know it all" outdoor fishing and hunting writers. Heaven forbid, should I bow or kiss the ring on your hand. Now run along a "GET A LIFE".
Old 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby2 View Post
Does that tell you something? You must be "Orion", the hunting god. Over 6000 answers/questions probably from .177 pellet gun to Tiger Woods. Who are you? The great white hunter, god, oh no don't tell me, your not one of those "know it all" outdoor fishing and hunting writers. Heaven forbid, should I bow or kiss the ring on your hand. Now run along a "GET A LIFE".
Yikes, someone needs a hug.

LOL....Did you get a lot of "Doesn't play well with others" on your report cards in elementary school?

I thought my question was pretty simple and didn't require an attack on my character but I'll ask again...why do you think Savages are junk?

Last edited by sheephunter; 12-21-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:

I thought forums are for posting? No posting = no forums. Post on Sheep Hunter,post on.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post

LOL....Did you get a lot of "Doesn't play well with others" on your report cards in elementary school?

I thought my question was pretty simple and didn't require an attack on my character but I'll ask again...why do you think Savages are junk?
no kidding hey!!! At least the posts you have inform others or bring a bit of experience to the conversation. apparently personal attacks are the way with this guy. I like how he can't answer your question. Maybe he is just one of those that figures if you don't pay a lot it is junk. He would be a good guy to sell something too. Just jack up the price and he will think the purchase is quality. lol
Old 12-21-2009, 03:01 PM
sheephunter

LOL...I do find it interesting how many of the "new" members that joined in November seem to have so much baggage and knowledge of what's happened on the board before......kinda makes you wonder if they are really "new"....

Seems to me there was a bunch of guys banned around that time???

Anyhow, some good info on this thread regardless.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

i was new in nov. did i miss something?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Precisionshooter

Savage has really met market demands for different bolt action styles. Also they can be very accurate. The biggest problem is the number of parts. For situations where severe service would be required I wouldn't chose a Savage or a current Tikka Rifle. Both serviceable target / sporting rifles.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:

If and when the day comes that I see "Postings from Spike camp" thats when I'll say "Umm dude methinks you are posting a wee bit to much laddie" until then keep on keeping on.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:25 PM

Default Tikka T-3

Just bought another T-3 this one in 25-06 This is number 3 and have never had a issue.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
This is my T3 Lite. I'd cry if it was one of my wood guns. But it isn't, this gun has been through hell and just keeps on tickin like new. S/S and powder coated, I could probably throw it in the river overnight and it'd still shoot fine like it always does...

I appreciate a durable and reliable rifle no matter the make and Rocks that one seems to fill the bill. I have to ask though how many thousands of dollars did you spend creating the customized finish?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
I appreciate a durable and reliable rifle no matter the make and Rocks that one seems to fill the bill. I have to ask though how many thousands of dollars did you spend creating the customized finish?
Ya you like that? Send me one of yours next sheep season and I'll see if I can get it to match! My rates are reasonable.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 PM

I will likely never buy a Savage Bolt, but I can't refute the function or accuracy. The fit and finish, and general aesthetics are, uh, ugly as heck. But they are well engineered and have a great price point for the average joe. I would rather own a Cooper, Kimber, or Winchester any day, but heck, when they shoot under 1" for $350 (Stevens), you can hate them?
I wouldn't be stupid enough to rush out and make elitist comments about someone else's gun choice. Unless its a 710, 770, or a Baikal. Stinkin' commie guns
Old 12-29-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
Ya you like that? Send me one of yours next sheep season and I'll see if I can get it to match! My rates are reasonable.
HA ha ha! You forget I have a couple of boys and right now one has an A7 of mine and the other an X-Bolt and I can't get either to cough em up. And yeah they usually come back looking like that... but thanks for the offer!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Default Tikka

Great rifles, I've been shooting them since the mid 80's, just bought another one in 338 WM, do not pass up a chance at one for that price paid 1200 for mine with a leupold scope on it.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 AM

Well what the heck did you buy for a rifle there geronimo. A Tikka
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 AM

NO DOUBT !!! Too funny. What a WHINER

Grow up Tubby2 !! Maybe if you read some books or magazine articles you might be better informed...or maybe you CANT READ !!

Since you are throwing out insults..I guess you match your username!!
Ok I'm done with him...no sense wasting my time on a guy like Tubby2

Quote:

Quote: