Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-20-2024, 10:45 PM

Default Epic Hunting Trip to South Africa

From March 27 - April 3, 2024, my sons (River and Reuben), brother-in-law (Nathan), friend (Chris) and myself went on an amazing hunting trip with Ngili Safaris north of Kimberly, in South Africa. My son took his camera equipment and drone, and captured tons of footage.

The number and quality of animals we saw was outstanding and the hospitality and accommodations went above and beyond. We shot red hartebeest, gemsbok, springbok, blesbok, blue and black wildebeest, sable, impala, zebra, kudu, nyala, warthog, steenbok, jackal, African porcupine, fallow deer and a cape buffalo. My older son even shot a springbok grand slam...in one day...all on video.

If you watch the video, you will notice a few spots with a high fence in the background. Where we were in South Africa, all of the game hunting is done on large private land game farms - the high fence is a way of managing genetics for superior quality animals and deterring the locals from poaching. We shot some amazing animals - a 41" gemsbok, a 51" kudu and a giant white springbok...it was a hunters paradise. Being on private land, we were also able to hunt warthogs from a helicopter and night hunt for steenbok, jackal and porcupine.

If you have ever though of hunting South Africa, we would highly recommend Ngili Safaris (contact information in video).

Vince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yq1AE0c8kY

Old 09-21-2024, 07:40 AM

Very cool. Great video.
Old 09-21-2024, 07:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Simply a huge wow factor

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-21-2024, 11:34 AM

Pretty cool video. Question- what did you do with carcasses?
And another question- the place was fenced off you said, so how big are the hunting grounds? Didn’t you feel like you are hunting in a zoo? I am not judging by any means, just really curious what it was like.
Old 09-21-2024, 12:38 PM

Default If you got the funds to do it. Do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Pretty cool video. Question- what did you do with carcasses?
And another question- the place was fenced off you said, so how big are the hunting grounds? Didn’t you feel like you are hunting in a zoo? I am not judging by any means, just really curious what it was like.
There are a lot of concessions that are so large that it definitely doesn’t make a difference if there is a fence. I think the fences are more about keeping trespassers and poachers off of the property.
An African hunt is really something special to experience. I would love to go back for a Dugga Boy.
Old 09-21-2024, 12:40 PM

Default Congrats.

Beautiful Animals Pike Fisher!