Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-29-2024, 09:37 AM

Default Upcoming first trip to Cold Lake

A group of us are planning a trip up to Cold Lake end of September. Will be the first time for everyone and looking for a place to stay. Have found Baywood Park and Cabins, anyone ever stayed there before or know of any other options? Any places to hit up prior to getting on water to get updated info on where to try and what to use? Thanks in advance for any advice provided, very much looking forward to it.
Old 08-29-2024, 01:41 PM

I've stayed in that campground before. It's nothing special but I did like the idea of a semi-private launch and dock. I did not enjoy listening to folks tear up and down that road at all hours of the night. I was in a tent though and my spot was closer to the road than others. The folks were very friendly and were fine with me checking in late. In order to get out of that bay and to the main lake, you have to pass over a sandbar. I've been told that this year it is very shallow. I won't be using that bay when I go this weekend.
Old 08-29-2024, 04:31 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

There are a few places to stay in the area. The cabins at baywood are snuggled in the woods and are really nice.
Hit up boardwalk bait and tackle shop and they will get you all sorted out in short order.
Lakers are 0 retention effective 15 Sept during your visit as they are spawning just an fyi if you were thinking about eating one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-03-2024, 08:43 AM

There is lake Shore Inn just across the street from the town Mariana . Great place and great breakfast you can just walk across the street to the marina . Some times they have an open slip you can rent for a few days for your boat
The main marina is the only boat launch that has a really nice fish cleaning area with a sun shade and running water . The provincial has a table beside garbage cans with out water and many flies around
If you want a lower budget room close to Mariana ($80)
Dock side Inn is about 200 yards from the Marina as well
These place book up fast so call ASAP
Old 09-03-2024, 04:26 PM

Thanks very much everyone, really appreciate the feedback. Definitely keeping tabs on the Cold Lake thread haha.