Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-30-2024, 06:37 PM

Default Aug 30

TGIF I was supposed to have company today but that got cancelled so I figured I may as well hit the river. It was up almost to spring levels and I did ok. No suckers still, only one for me all summer! But I did manage to land 6 Walleye, 2 of whom I could have had for dinner but I didnt , also one of those long lost Saugers, Havent caught one for a few years now! a nice fat 19 incher. Then I hooked what I thought at first was a big river pike because it didnt break the surface til shallow water, then I was very happy to see it was a 40 inch dino, one more down, 6 to go I then hooked and lost another sturgeon,. no mistaking that one, but again I lost a nice one. Im thinking hard and I think its because I have been using 30 pound mono for my weight line, and its giving them enough leverage on snags to pull the hook, thats the only thing I can think of. the bottom where Im fishing changed after runoff this spring and there seems to be a bunch of junk spotted around the run. So tomorrow I call rematch, and Im going to lighten up the weight line a good bit and make it easier for them to just break it off. the river dropped 5 or 6 inches in 4.5 hours hopefully that Calgary rain and the water shutoff brings it back up again. all in all a great afternoon. I did see a few more dinos jumping and one was definitely a gooder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240830_145955a.jpg (56.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 20240830_140855a.jpg (140.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg 20240830_151827a.jpg (104.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 20240830_160710a.jpg (104.3 KB, 122 views)
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 08-30-2024, 07:46 PM

Great day fishing Wayne! Well done!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Edmund Burke
Old 08-31-2024, 09:41 AM

Default Great reports

You sir, provide us couch fisherman great detailed fishing reports and I want to say thank you!

Cheers Goose