Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Yeah right, like the recent home invasion in Caroline, cops get there well after the fact and issue the usual politically correct public appeal, for a couple of guys who could be anybody. Of course, they're still at large,
What would you have done to catch them?
Other than reviewing video if they had cameras, asking neighbors if they seen anything, and possibly taking pics of tire treads….
Old 06-15-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Pretty sure when we are discussing property crimes, we are discussing theft and vandalism.
Not home invasions and ak47’s…… lol. Slow down your imagination.
Robbery and theft is totally different.
They take armed robbery serious.
Unlike theft.
Have you not noticed that in those not so common instances when the authorities do apprehend those thieves, that they are often charged with firearms offences? And usually the charges involve possession of firearms while prohibited to do so. So the fact is, that with many of the thieves being armed , a confrontation between the thieves and homeowners could result in injury or death. A family member could accidentally blunder into one of the armed scumbags , and be injured or killed when the armed scumbag panics.
Old 06-15-2024, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Other than reviewing video if they had cameras, asking neighbors if they seen anything, and possibly taking pics of tire treads….
In other words, they're useless and someone could just as easily have been killed, but deal with the situation yourself and you're the bad guy.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 06-15-2024, 11:20 AM

Quote:
The police get paid to enforce our laws, they have training and resources available, that we don't have. And if we take the law into our hands, we are treated worse that the criminals, that we are dealing with
Old 06-17-2024, 10:53 PM

Castle Law! nuf said.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:10 AM

Where I live, 90% of property crimes are committed by one person and his family and associates. He is also a major drug dealer. Rumor has it the RCMP use him as an informant so when he gets caught, they just let him go. He sets up his "friends" to commit thefts and calls the RCMP to catch them at it. The cops look like geniuses and he keeps on operating. Seems to me it would be better for everyone if they'd just lock up this one scumbag. This is why I distrust the RCMP.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Castle Law! nuf said.
The fear of being killed, would reduce some crime, as well as reducing the number of court cases and repeat offenders.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
In neighboring small towns crime is ridiculous. Breaking into sheds,garages, parked cars and in one case tried to get into a house while owner was there.
People are posting pictures of the people and most are methy young people but one guy was in his fifties. Actually one friend of mine caught two guys flying a drone over his farmyard. Took their pictures but they just packed up and left and wouldn't say what they were doing.
Anyway people call RCMP and the rcmp doesn't even come . Can bylaw enforcement or sheriff's do anything or does it have to go through RCMP?
Why are bylaw and sheriff's armed go the teeth if they are not dealing with criminals?
I didnt think that farmyards were no fly zones,of course i do understand privacy.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
I didnt think that farmyards were no fly zones,of course i do understand privacy.
Everybody knows everyone. These guys not from area. If they had good intentions then why wouldn't they talk to farm owner. Just packed up quickly and took off refusing to talk or answer any questions.
Old 06-18-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The fear of being killed, would reduce some crime, as well as reducing the number of court cases and repeat offenders.
>>
X3, SSS "nope, haven't seen anyone around here that you describe"
Old 06-19-2024, 10:06 AM

I had a situation at my place a week ago. I called RCMP and the peace officers. Reaction was slow to say the least. Over 8 hours.
When the PO finally showed up, he proceeded to explain to me that better directions need to given. Hmmm, blue sign address is not enough I guess. So, he explains that if I suspect any criminal activity, I am to contact RCMP. I did, I told him, but nobody even phoned me back.
So meanwhile, this shady fellow, walked around my yard, and then left. I’m guessing he was scoping the place out.
RCMP are useless, as well as the highly overpaid peace officers who only wanna give soccer moms tickets for parking inside a school bus zone.

Protect your assets.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
The real value with gates is it prevents the “oops I made a wrong turn” or I am looking for directions. If you keep your gate locked and see someone coming up you driveway, their intentions are pretty clear
This^^. I put gates and remote openers at my house and my mother's. I hope they serve as a deterrent on their own, but if I do have to use extreme force to protect my family, I'll have a clear conscience knowing the perp came through a locked gate to get into my house.

Does anyone know if gates at the road qualify as having my property secured in the eyes of an insurance company or do I still need to lock each individual building? I'll call my insurance company one day but would like to know if someone has experience with this.

Gerry Burnie
Old 06-19-2024, 05:22 PM

Sh**t
Sh*v*l
Sh*t U*
Old 06-20-2024, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
The real value with gates is it prevents the “oops I made a wrong turn” or I am looking for directions. If you keep your gate locked and see someone coming up you driveway, their intentions are pretty clear
Yup, engage!!
Old 06-20-2024, 10:43 PM

Welcome to my house:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=b1...z_lBH5DQ9WY1LP
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.