Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 06-15-2024, 09:09 AM

Default Crowsnest Pass

How is the water clarity in the rivers in the Pass, want to dust off the fly rod opening day?
Old 07-10-2024, 10:33 PM

I was down here over the july long weekend...they had heavy rains for 2 days prior to my arrival...Oldman was about 2+ft higher then usual at that time of year...Crowsnest was much higher then usual as well...Only caught 4 on the Oldman, and caught 4 on the Crowsnest River at Lundbreck falls...also caught 2 smaller ones in Blairmore on the Crowsnest River...usually both rivers are a lot lower, and I have a lot more success..
Lundbreck Falls was looking like Niagara Falls..haha The big rock on the right falls, was buried under a furious wall of water.
Old 07-11-2024, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotChili View Post
I was down here over the july long weekend...they had heavy rains for 2 days prior to my arrival...Oldman was about 2+ft higher then usual at that time of year...Crowsnest was much higher then usual as well...Only caught 4 on the Oldman, and caught 4 on the Crowsnest River at Lundbreck falls...also caught 2 smaller ones in Blairmore on the Crowsnest River...usually both rivers are a lot lower, and I have a lot more success..
Lundbreck Falls was looking like Niagara Falls..haha The big rock on the right falls, was buried under a furious wall of water.
But how can this be?!?!? I was just reading a thread on here about how the Crowsnest River had dried up.