Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Read this. Short form, no Federal Carbon tax on Fuel in Manitoba.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...will-work.html
For whatever reason I clicked on the link. Made it 2 sentences in. Now angry for the day...may need a beer to relax
Old 06-13-2024, 10:28 AM

Hyper, All large refiners have Cokers so they are able to process Any crude oil. Russia Produces both light and heavier oils similar to Alberta.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:56 AM

Exclamation Doesn't pass the sniff test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Read this. Short form, no Federal Carbon tax on Fuel in Manitoba.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...will-work.html
I'm confused. The link states that Manitoba is on the federal pricing system for both carbon taxes; fuel and industry.
Quote:
The federal pricing system has two parts: a regulatory charge on fossil fuels like gasoline and natural gas, known as the fuel charge, and a performance-based system for industries, known as the Output-Based Pricing System. One or both parts can apply in a jurisdiction.

Both parts of the federal pricing system apply in Manitoba, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, and Yukon.
I do not see any statement that fuel in Manitoba is exempt from the carbon tax.

As I see it, a province that imports all its fuel, pays the federal carbon tax, pays the GST, and also pays a PST on every litre sold, is selling fuel for less than a province that produces the resource, refines the resource, and doesn't add a PST.
What am I missing?

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-13-2024, 11:55 AM

I worded it wrong. Manitoba has reduced or eliminated, I dont recall which, the provincial fuel tax. Sort of like what Alberta had done. I presume that is still in place and why their gas is cheaper than ours.

Sask was the one that threatened to quit collecting the carbon tax, at least on home heating. Not sure if they did it or not but the wacko fed enviro minister was threatening Moe with arrest and criminal charges.
Old 06-13-2024, 12:14 PM

Thumbs up That makes more sense.

OK, wasn't aware of that. Manitoba removed the $0.14/litre provincial fuel tax from January 1 until the end of September. That explains most of the price discrepancy.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-13-2024, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Hyper, All large refiners have Cokers so they are able to process Any crude oil. Russia Produces both light and heavier oils similar to Alberta.
So all pipelines pump dil-bit through them?

Why does Mexican oil sell for approximately the same as WCS?

Does OPEC have a larger customer base than Canada?
If you aren’t sure about that, just remember that the US and OPEC fuel Eastern Canada not even Canadian oil. Well, I mean we ship western Canadian oil to Quebec via Texas and make the US nothing but money but whose fault is that?