Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-01-2024, 10:03 AM

Default Thorncliffe Gun Show...Jan 13, 2024

Has anyone heard whether there is a 2024 gun show at Thorncliffe this winter, I heard January 13, 2024?

Details if there is please........... WW Birds, Heybert??

Thanks,

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 01-01-2024, 03:14 PM

Default I.passed

Got notification in november but i decided i didnt have enough to sell to justify the table charges. Think you are correct on date
Old 01-06-2024, 06:14 PM

Looks to be correct

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/...gary-gun-show/
Old 01-13-2024, 08:15 AM

I am excited for today for the show. Drive safely!!
Old 01-14-2024, 12:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up… it was a last minute thing but we went.
As usual I did t buy much, I was disappointed that the black powder gal wasn’t there selling stuff. I was intending to load up.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:13 AM

I came to learn that a couple of real decent guys who sell used pocket knives were told they were no longer welcome and the show coordinator refused them their entry fee and display.

However there were 2-3 vendors selling Nazi dolls and German army figurines, also other Nazi crap, swastikas flags, medals etc...

What is that all about....and where is the fairness in wholesome displays?

That is not what I expected to see; I saw that German display, then a 2nd one, and I left the show.....

I hope to see the pocket knife guys return.

Last edited by graybeard; 01-14-2024 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
I came to learn that a couple of real decent guys who sell used pocket knives were told they were no longer welcome and the show coordinator refused them their entry fee and display.

However there were 2-3 vendors selling Nazi dolls and German army figurines, also other Nazi crap, swastikas flags, medals etc...

That is not what I expected to see; I saw that German display, then a 2nd one, and I left the show.....

There was a display of used pocket knives, I looked at one that caught my eye but didn’t end up buying.

Nazi stuff although collectible gives the lefties another tool to use against gun shows. I think it’s best if that stuff isn’t for display…I do say that with hesitation though because we should be free to collect and own what we want.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Thanks for the heads up… it was a last minute thing but we went.
As usual I did t buy much, I was disappointed that the black powder gal wasn’t there selling stuff. I was intending to load up.
Linda Toews, think she lives west of Bowden. She runs the Olds show, not sure of the date. Probably frozen in right now.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-14-2024, 11:14 AM

April 27 and 28 is the olds show
Old 01-14-2024, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
There was a display of used pocket knives, I looked at one that caught my eye but didn’t end up buying.

Nazi stuff although collectible gives the lefties another tool to use against gun shows. I think it’s best if that stuff isn’t for display…I do say that with hesitation though because we should be free to collect and own what we want.
You are correct CC, so make it all fair....I saw that other display you mention...hmmm...maybe something is up??

The decision was mine to leave just as it is, to change the TV channel or shut it off if I don't like what is on.....

I am not fussy about that Nazi crap either, it sits too close to home....so I changed the channel....

Cheers,

Old 01-14-2024, 06:35 PM

Quote:
You are correct CC, so make it all fair....I saw that other display you mention...hmmm...maybe something is up??

The decision was mine to leave just as it is, to change the TV channel or shut it off if I don't like what is on.....

I am not fussy about that Nazi crap either, it sits too close to home....so I changed the channel....

Cheers,
Two kinds of Nazi stuff, legitimate collectible and the stuff the wannabees sell, the former is acceptable in my mind, we shouldn't forget that part of history, there's enough of that these days. The wannabees have no place at any event.

Old 01-14-2024, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Two kinds of Nazi stuff, legitimate collectible and the stuff the wannabees sell, the former is acceptable in my mind, we shouldn't forget that part of history, there's enough of that these days. The wannabees have no place at any event.
I don't like the optics, public doesn't understand the context of these displays, to say nothing of how the media can/has used it to character assinate and blanket portray gun owners as nazis.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I don't like the optics, public doesn't understand the context of these displays, to say nothing of how the media can/has used it to character assinate and blanket portray gun owners as nazis.
Yup… all there takes is one nazi or confederate flag in a group… say a truck convoy and the whole group gets painted with the same brush.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Cheers,
Are you saying that they allowed one seller with used picket knives but refused another?
Old 01-21-2024, 09:56 AM

Those skinhead-looking doll sellers are still getting tables? Show management really has to get their heads out of their backsides regarding allowing them tables for those wares. As Grizz already mentioned, legit memorabilia does have a place as it pertains to military history, dudes looking to meet &/or inspire fellow Nazi larpers do not. That puts a PR stain on the whole gun community that we neither need nor want. They can try that at comic-con & see how it flies there instead. I sent an email to show management about this exact topic a decade ago, not only about the really bad image it casts, but that it takes away available table space from people who actually have firearm stuff to sell or display.

Those guys are a worse look for gun owners than if we had Alec Baldwin attend shows manning a firearm safety booth.

Seriously, what kind of grown men play with SS versions of Ken & Barbie & continue doing it for a time period of 15+ years? If they can’t let go of playing with dolls, get some GI Joes, at least he fought on the morally correct side.

I wanted to make the show, but the weather was not cooperative as I had some major freeze-ups to attend.

Maybe an organized email campaign to show mgmt can send those guys elsewhere, it’s not as though they won’t fill the table?

Last edited by CaberTosser; 01-21-2024 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-22-2024, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Those skinhead-looking doll sellers are still getting tables? Show management really has to get their heads out of their backsides regarding allowing them tables for those wares.

Maybe an organized email campaign to show mgmt can send those guys elsewhere, it’s not as though they won’t fill the table?
Last week I spoke to the President of the AACCA, Mr. Hank Holm about it and about the fellow who is making these poor, little-man syndrome decisions; some people can't handle authority.

Hank is very approachable and he assures me that he will be addressing the matter...

Stay tuned??

Old 01-22-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Last week I spoke to the President of the AACCA, Mr. Hank Holm about it and about the fellow who is making these poor, little-man syndrome decisions; some people can't handle authority.

Hank is very approachable and he assures me that he will be addressing the matter...

Stay tuned??
Come on, this should have been dealt with years ago.

Old 01-22-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Come on, this should have been dealt with years ago.
Don't shoot the messenger........

Old 01-22-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:

Multiple vendors selling Nazi toys? Insanity.

It's one thing to have a K98. That's authentic and a piece of real history. But nazi play toys take vulgar to another level.