Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-11-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I find sometimes my feet are not set well enough and I end up loseing my balence a bit(One time, more than a bit...small bail blind, stupid chair.. BLAH BLAH BLAH, lots of laughs from partner in the blind with me)...

Jamie
I think shooting from the sitting postion is the hardest, if you can't stand up to shoot. That's why layout blinds are so effective. Never mind the fact you can virtually make them disappear- when you flip the lid you are in a good postition to shoot from.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Ya I've never had that issue either but I do ensure that guns fit me before I buy them. Guessing my 375 or 416 has a whole lot more felt recoil than the Nova with 3.5" shells and never been hit there either but my shoulder does get sore after a day at the range! Nope 3.5" shells are definitely not for everyone and I respect that just as I hope they can respect those of us that choose to occasionally shoot them.
I doubt you do anywhere near the amount of shooting with your '375 and 416' that even the casual bird hunter does with a shotgun, especially multiple shot volleys... since I'm gonna make a wild guess your '375 and 416' are both singleshots (am I psychic?), and I doubt (is hope a better word here?) you ever shoot them at steep angles into the air! Have you ever taken a steep uphill shot with one of the larger rifles? think about it.
Judging from the pictures I've seen, the stock geometry of the futuristic looking TC is much much different than the auto shotguns we are discussing here anyways. Only a simpleton would compare the two.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Banned

Last edited by Mintaka; 12-29-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:32 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Judging from the pictures I've seen, the stock geometry of the futuristic looking TC is much much different than the auto shotguns we are discussing here anyways. Only a simpleton would compare the two.
My mistake...I though we were discussing pumps as the original question asked. You might be surprised what guns I actually own. As I've asked before...please no assumptions and please no words in my mouth. It's getting tiresome.

Also please see post in shotgun diagnosis about my Mom's saying.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:57 AM

Bring that dog of yours down here Jamie between Trev and myself I am sure we can get you into whatever you want waterfowl and upland.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:31 AM

Sheep old man you just can't catch a break , the sh*T buzzards are just waiting to crap all over you no matter what you do
Old 08-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
I have to agree, gun fit is more important than chamber or brand.

I always like seeing guys breaking clays with a pump gun, those are real sportsmen. You probably don't want to screw up a good thing but try shooting with a low gun, like sporting clays or in the Field.

Break'm where they are, not where they are suppose to be
As we get a bit closer to the hunting season, we play stupid little games at the club. One I enjoy is pulling for my partner, they have no idea when the bird is coming and the gun has to be held low. Another is to pick off a piece of what ever is left of the clay after the first guy blows it up and perhaps my favorite is to see how close to the ground you can break the clay. (Long shots).
I wish we had a sporting clays course down here in the south. I hear there are plans and construction is suppose to start this fall... But we will see.

Jamie
Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Jamie we do the same thing or we trun around with our eyes shut and when you hear the thrower throw the cly you turn around and try to hit it (with your eyes open) helps with aquiring targets faster.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

Last edited by Mintaka; 12-29-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:33 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Sheep old man you just can't catch a break , the sh*T buzzards are just waiting to crap all over you no matter what you do
Oh well, school starts up again soon and all the Grade sixers won't have as much time to spend on here.

Had a great day in sheep country today and plan on spending four or five hours at the range tomorrow so all is good!
Old 08-11-2007, 04:10 PM

Mintaka we use single shots and O/U so the guns are broken. We are also not at a range but in a field using our own thrower
Old 08-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Oh well, school starts up again soon and all the Grade sixers won't have as much time to spend on here.
There ya go again sheephunter! First, I was a high school physics drop out, and now I've been demoted to merely a 6th grader?!?!

How bout you tell me a little about your .375 and .416 then? Watcha got?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:36 AM
sheephunter

Please read above DUK...I never called you a 6th grader. Please, one more time...no more words in my mouth.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Ryan.. Sure I found all the smart geese.. I need to find the stupid ones.
Things have to get better this year, they cant get any worse...

I have a secret plan though... Let me tell you I have been comming up with this all winter, Spring and summer.

I am going to get myself a MUCH better Blind, spend more time scouting, hunt farther away from the city...
And if that fails I am going to hire a ^@#%%@^ guide.

I cant wait for it to start!

Jamie
Jamie...I've got to talk to you about blinds....we have a pretty sweet deal on em....trust me.

And you dont need to hire a guide...we just need to plan a trip and we'll shot 2-3 days and shoot our limits no prob.....we need to talk!! heh

I should add...I shoot a Browning BPS in Shadowgrass and so far it has been a very good gun for me. No problems, I shoot it nicely, and it just plain works..

That being said, the Nova is a hell of a gun. I saw the one for $375 on CGN and really considered snaggin it.....

I've never been unlucky enough to punch myself in the face....

Last edited by Rackmastr; 08-12-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:59 PM

Yeah there's nothing wrong with a BPS... except for the fact it says Browning on it!

They remind me a lot of the Model 12.

The original SG camo is very, very hot, for a camo gun-