Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2022, 10:21 AM

Default 2 Quebec men in court for allegedly hunting wild boars, elk at safari animal park

I guess it doesn't take much to be a guide in quebec.
Hunting is a lot easier at the zoo...

2 Quebec men in court for allegedly hunting wild boars, elk at safari animal park
Quote:
Two Quebec men appeared in a Gatineau, Que., courtroom Friday on charges that they broke into a safari animal park and killed three wild boar and one elk.

Provincial police allege Mathieu Godard, 47, and Jeremiah Mathias-Polson, 21, had*four animal carcasses in their vehicle*when they were arrested Nov. 10 inside Omega animal park, located about 130 kilometres northwest of Montreal.

The two have been charged with wilfully killing animals kept for a lawful purpose, breaking and entering, illegally transporting firearms, and unlawfully firing a firearm during a break and enter.

Godard was released with conditions on Monday and is prohibited from going to the animal park in Montebello, Que., communicating with Mathias-Polson, carrying a firearm, and consuming drugs or alcohol.

Mathias-Polson was on probation at the time of his arrest and remains in custody. His bail hearing was set for Dec. 1. Godard is also expected in court the same day.

Parc Omega spokesperson Billie-Prisca Giroux said in a recent news release that the park's customers are safe and the incident was an "isolated event."

"We have put all the necessary efforts in place to ensure that this situation does not happen again, for everyone's safety and for the safety of our precious animals," Giroux said.

According to his social media account, Godard is a professional hunting guide.*He declined a request for comment.

Provincial police spokesperson Marc Tessier said in a recent interview that a security guard at the park called 911 at around 9:30 p.m. on Nov. 10 after noticing a break-in.

"A few minutes later, the guard heard noises similar to gunshots," Tessier said. "The police quickly arrived and located and intercepted a vehicle. Both men were arrested. Police found four animal carcasses inside the vehicle."
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/two-queb...mega-1.6159686
Old 11-19-2022, 10:54 AM

About the right ratio for a batch of sausage
Old 11-19-2022, 10:59 AM

Don't you hire a guide to find you animals?

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 11-19-2022, 05:09 PM

Hunter: Do yo think we will see anything today?

Guide: oh I'm sure we will..

😂😂
Old 11-19-2022, 08:36 PM

Well what do you expect? Driving around is expensive with todays fuel cost so why not to do a one stop shopping?
Old 11-20-2022, 08:33 AM

Animal park, officer? I thought this was just another Hunt Farm.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-20-2022, 09:47 AM

Well somebody in Quebec wont have to eat cake this winter.and they will all be warm lol,
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:49 AM

I once acted for a person who claimed ties with a Motor Cycle club from Montreal Island. They had a scam with multiple identities for welfare fraud.

They worked incredibly hard at it and got caught because of pure stupidity involving their own thumb print on the back of the cheques cashed at Money Mart.

When I asked him why he does not use that same energy on a legitimate enterprise his answer explained everything for me:

"That is what a French Man Does."

Drewski
Old 11-20-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
I once acted for a person who claimed ties with a Motor Cycle club from Montreal Island. They had a scam with multiple identities for welfare fraud.

They worked incredibly hard at it and got caught because of pure stupidity involving their own thumb print on the back of the cheques cashed at Money Mart.

When I asked him why he does not use that same energy on a legitimate enterprise his answer explained everything for me:

"That is what a French Man Does."

Drewski
Now thats a true story.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:21 AM

All the signs were in English!!!
Old 11-20-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
All the signs were in English!!!
Priceless!
Old 11-20-2022, 04:40 PM
Banned

First gun owners can't wait to pull the trigger