Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-16-2022, 10:23 AM

Default Family fishing

I had a great few days, got to pick my oldest son up in the big city and bring him to my place to spend time and fish. Went for a walk to check out the local snake area, and saw a very few compared to usual, but I got to see the smallest Rattlesnake Ive seen so far which was pretty cool, might have been just over a foot long.
We tried the river, it was so low my falleye spot was totally out of the water so hopefully the levels come up before the big freeze. We hit Sandy Point the one day, nothing exciting just a few suckers. I figured it would be the best place to run into a few big dinos on their way home but no such luck.
Next day we tried a different walleye spot, managed a few smaller pike among a decent number of eyes. I as usual outfished him, but I was nice enough to let him catch the biggest walleye
I dont get to spend much time with my sons so every day is great, keeps me smiling! I have no clue how many we caught but I tried a new method for me Friday and was getting hit after hit so I may have to keep that one going! my Kamooki lure was producing great too I was quite happy with it especially fishing a lot of rocky bottom with no hangups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221012_162420.jpg (109.5 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg 20221014_142824a.jpg (28.6 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 20180409_195227a.jpg (43.6 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg 20221014_143120a.jpg (47.2 KB, 187 views)

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-16-2022, 10:27 AM

Sounds like a great few days Wayne. I'd like to get out more with my son but he's stuck in University purgatory for the next few years. That and more often than not he says no when I ask him. lol.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:52 PM

Looks like a fun day. Great pictures, I didn't even make it out this summer. I'll make up for it though in the winter.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 10-16-2022, 08:54 PM

I forgot to mention, we had a younger loon eating crayfish in front of us for 2 days, they must have a huge stomach with the amount it was gobbling down!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-16-2022, 09:10 PM

Haven't fished with my sons in a couple years, but get to hunt with the oldest most springs & falls. Some of the best times ever. Glad you got some dad/son time in, fishing's the bonus!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King