Old 05-27-2022, 04:53 PM

Default Job Openings with K.S. Arms Ltd

K.S. Arms Ltd.
9305- 60 Ave
Edmonton, AB T6E 0C2
Canada
Mike Schmid

ksarms@telusplanet.net

Due to rapidly accelerating business volumes they are reaching capacity with the staff they currently have. K.S.is looking to hire three more people;

The first job is a Journeyman machinist role. General machinist duties, including setting up and running a variety of large CNC lathes used for machining of large tools.*

The second job is a 1st year Apprentice Machinist role to work in the barrel making shop and train with the current Master Barrel maker.

The third role is a person to manage the front office including book keeping, materials ordering, invoicing, shipping, answering customer enquiries etc..This role will cover a one year maternity leave that starts in Nov. They would like to start training this person now so they are fully up to speed by Nov. There is a possibility this role will become permanent after the maternity leave as the shop is getting busier all the time.

Qualified parties, please email resumes to

ksarms@telusplanet.net
Attention Cherielle
Old 05-27-2022, 05:17 PM

I always thought retiring from the rat race at 55 and doing something like this would be a great way to finish off my working career.

Pretty cool opportunities for a couple people there…
Old 05-28-2022, 09:14 AM
AO Sponsor

I would love to segue into this type of role! Now only to find someone to offer me millions for my company so I can choose what I want to do after...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-28-2022, 11:14 PM

They are really cool jobs and a guy can learn a ton from some of the very best in the business, but damn, they want someone to show up 5 days a week all year long. Really messes with my retirement schedule. Seriously however, these jobs really are a great opportunity for someone.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:09 AM

If I was 20 years younger I'd love to go work with Mike and Karl. I'd even go sweep floors for them now, if I lived in Edmonton, just because I'm so pleased with the rifle they built me.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-03-2022, 01:15 AM

They are still looking, if any of you are interested.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:16 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
They are really cool jobs and a guy can learn a ton from some of the very best in the business, but damn, they want someone to show up 5 days a week all year long. Really messes with my retirement schedule. Seriously however, these jobs really are a great opportunity for someone.
This exactly is what I think is amazing. So many people do crummy work for crummy people just to get their foot in a door in an industry, and they learn nothing but bad habits that make them harder to hire by those who are the best at what they do. Here is an opportunity to start with people who are 100% proven to be at the top of their game and you would learn right from them!

Sounds amazing!

But alas... Just like you, a regular work week working in an hours window I am told I have to work. That just sound terrifying!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 06-07-2022, 09:21 AM

Jobs are still open but they are getting resumes so obviously this appeals to a few guys.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:28 AM

Bit of an update, they have hired the apprentice role, are interviewing candidates for the office role but are still looking for the right Journeyman.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Jobs are still open but they are getting resumes so obviously this appeals to a few guys.
It's tough out there right now it seems for employers. Basically, if you're willing to work and competent, you could likely get a job wherever you wanted. Glad they are getting some applications. Could be an amazing job.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
It's tough out there right now it seems for employers. Basically, if you're willing to work and competent, you could likely get a job wherever you wanted. Glad they are getting some applications. Could be an amazing job.

This is so true. If you see a job that meets most of your criteria and might be right for you… don’t hesitate to apply and see where it takes you. You can always ask for extra things like vacation or travel pay etc. the worst they can do is say no, and from what I’ve seen lately - employers are willing to work with people who are competent knowledgeable potential employees. And you always have the ability to say no to the position yourself but you never know what amazing opportunities lie ahead if you don’t try!
Old 08-08-2022, 09:24 PM

If you considered they were doing quality work - because the owner did the work... watch the new help change that.
Same thing happened to Corlane ...owner stepped back and the employees took over.