Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-01-2022, 08:46 AM

That Mark's deal sounds great. Wish I needed boots.

Mec is a good place to look as well. I know they carry Scarpa and Zams.
I'm on my third pair of Scarpas, Kinetics I think they're called. 95% of all my hunting is in these boots. They say Scarpa fits a narrower foot.
Kinetics have a stiff sole for rocky terrain but still flex enough in the middle to make walking a little more natural, compared to mountaineering boots where you're heel-toeing it along.

As for a pure mountain boot, I run the La Sportiva Nepals. Also a very good boot but I've yet to be on a hunt that required a pure mountaineering boot. I use them for other adventures. I suppose if you're looking for a goat hunting boot they'd be a great choice. Also sold at Mec.

I know lots of guys won't support Mec because of their supposed anti hunting stance. I actually took the time and called their head office in Vancouver a few years back and spoke to one of their public relations people about it. He said they have no position on hunting either pro or anti. So good enough for me.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage Point View Post
Marks has sale on this weekend { march 31-april 4/2022}, use code FF22APR for 25% off all regular priced items. Includes Crispi boots available online.
Wow those are pricey boots! But I guess you have to pay to play...
Old 04-01-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastcast View Post
Wow those are pricey boots! But I guess you have to pay to play...

Mark's pricing is inflated + lots of other brands out there for $100 - 200 less, equal to or maybe even better. As others have mentioned its all about whats right for "your" feet and no two are created equal. Google hiking boots and you'll find several online retailers selling the higher end brands and given that Mark's is online for Crispi anyways it's same same.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Mark's pricing is inflated + lots of other brands out there for $100 - 200 less, equal to or maybe even better. As others have mentioned its all about whats right for "your" feet and no two are created equal.
So true. I had a pair of very cheap northface that fit like a glove from day one. They eventually wore out and weren't being produced anymore. I bought a pair of a big brand name boot that cost 4x more, took forever to break in and never fit as good.

Feet are all different, wear what works for you. Lots of good brands out there. If one boot worked for everyone all these places would only stock 1 brand...
Old 04-04-2022, 10:04 AM

The Crispi brand seems to be the flavour of the day in terms of higher quality hunting boots. I have no doubt they're high quality, made in Italy as many good boots are.
Kinda surprising Marks is carrying them tho. Not really in their wheel house.
I don't think of Marks for any hunting/mountain activity products.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:39 PM

Default Canadian Tire group of companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
The Crispi brand seems to be the flavour of the day in terms of higher quality hunting boots. I have no doubt they're high quality, made in Italy as many good boots are.
Kinda surprising Marks is carrying them tho. Not really in their wheel house.
I don't think of Marks for any hunting/mountain activity products.
More sense for Sport Check or Atmosphere in the group of companies but it is what it is. Could hope for possibly other items in future if this works out. 25% off gets them in line with most other lines that have previously been mentioned. Nice we are able to chose what we wish.