Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-20-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phae View Post
Hi I'm 27 looking for a hunting mentor/partner(s?). This would be my first time but I'm hoping to get into all kinds of hunting (big game, small game, upland birds, waterfowl). I work in Edson, so I would be able to hunt in the evenings and am in Calgary every other weekend and can go any time then.

Willing to travel as well.

Thanks!
North/West from Edson very nice hunting area. Definitely will get some result!
Old 09-21-2021, 12:43 AM

Default Little hunting trip out of edmonton

Hey all, looking to fill some wt general/sup tags next weekend keeping the late season for my elk excursion.
I'm a fairly seasoned hunter so not looking to head under someone's wing, I'll be looking at areas I hunt north of calling lake or if someone suggests an area they want to head into I'm all ears. Got all my own gear so if you want to head out and aren't looking for someone to point your scope at an animal for you give me a shout 5878792209 based out of Edmonton.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAchtannahi View Post
Since this year a was not able to apply for tag i am hoping to find a few good partner for geese and ducks around Wainwright i got many decoys and i love that sport so if interested leave me a message.
Sent you a message
Old 09-22-2021, 01:56 PM

I still have two weeks off looking for someone that has a quad nonsmoker seasoned elk hunter that could come to my camp don't call me unless you're a non-smoker and you have a quad thanks
Old 09-23-2021, 06:52 PM

Default waterfowl friend

Hey everyone,looking for a waterfowl hunting friend in the Pincher Creek area.
I have some decoys,mostly geese,some ducks and a couple of mojos.Able to hunt most weekends and the odd weekday.I'm 55yrs old but young at heart and in good shape.Give me a shout if interested.Also if anyone needs a hand with retrieving there elk or deer.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
I still have two weeks off looking for someone that has a quad nonsmoker seasoned elk hunter that could come to my camp don't call me unless you're a non-smoker and you have a quad thanks
Ttt
Old 09-24-2021, 03:28 PM

Found some guys thanks full for the season
Old 09-28-2021, 11:30 AM

Looking for someone to hopefully help me shoot my first white tail.
Have all the equipment, all the licensing, been studying for years.
I just don't have a vehicle of my own.

Usually available Sunday evening after 4 until Tuesday night.
Willing to hike as far back country as you need to go.

I'm based out of Calgary.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2021, 06:36 PM

Default Mentor Needed

Edmonton Hunting newbie here! I just got my licence and I use a bow for hunting. I went into the wild a couple of times but I got nothing. I would love to join someone's trip for learning.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:43 AM

Default Who's looking for a Hunting Partner ???

Hi everyone, my name is Andrew and I am a first time hunter looking for a partner that I can learn from to grow my ability as an ethical hunter. I have a compound bow I am using for hunting, all licensed for hunting with a bow and have game bird tags. I am in Fort McMurray but willing to travel to meet up with a partner. As well for the ability to hunt with a knowledgeable partner I am willing to split any game killed 50/50 with the individual. You can reach me through my email at hiebertandrewj@gmail.com. Thanks in advance and happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2021, 11:57 AM

Hi everyone, is anyone looking for a hunting partner is southern ab? I have been hunting for a few years, and I have spots to go to. Have both mule doe and white tails doe and my general tags. Plans I had originally made have fallen through.

Haven’t lived down here for to many years, so I don’t know a lot of people who hunt here.

Old 10-23-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat. View Post
Hi everyone, is anyone looking for a hunting partner is southern ab? I have been hunting for a few years, and I have spots to go to...

Hey. I'm in Medicine Hat and would love to go hunting. Would like to get into small game. Message me or let me know if you want to do this. I don't have any spots tho.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:46 AM

Default I have deer tags in 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariouskater View Post
Looking for someone to hopefully help me shoot my first white tail.
Have all the equipment, all the licensing, been studying for years.
I just don't have a vehicle of my own.

Usually available Sunday evening after 4 until Tuesday night.
Willing to hike as far back country as you need to go.

I'm based out of Calgary.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I usually hunt with my son, but while I won mule and wt buck tags on the draw, he won nothing. Plus he is swamped at University. I’m retired, so am out a lot, especially midweek. 404 has a 400 yard wildlife corridor, and lots of elevation change, so willingness to do some strenuous walking is needed for sure.
Old 10-29-2021, 05:20 PM

Default Rookie looking for some help.

Hey everyone! I got my hunters safety this year and am hoping to get into hunting white tail in Southern alberta. I'm originally from Ontario and hunting here already seems 10x more intimidating given the fact that most land here is privately owned. As much as I d love to put meat on the table this season I don't think that would happen. But if someone was willing to have me tag along and just show me the ropes that would be awesome! Or even just some pointers on where to get started on my own. I work weekends but am off through most of the week.

Thanks in advance and good luck this season!
Old 10-30-2021, 11:16 PM

Default First fall in Alberta

Hello everyone,
As of July 30 I became a resident of this fine province , Calgary to be exact. 3 years ago I got into hunting while in BC. Was able to connect once and put a dandy mule in the freezer. Now that I am here and have left all my hunting buddies that I have made I find myself starting from scratch again. I am reading the regs and trying to figure out the Alberta system. Anyway it would be great for me to find someone here to teach me a few things and how it works here. I know it is the tail end of the season and I don't have much hope in connecting this year but you got to start sometime. Please dm me and help me get started.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:11 AM

Default Hunting Partner

Hey Friends,

Avid Hunter here!
I own land in wmu 210, as well as several sections of permission, If your looking to get out and have some fun hunting this year, I am open to bringing someone along this year as a lot of my regular friends are stuck working away. White tail buck is general in my wmu and I have great knowledge of the surrounding areas by my farm.

reach me at boernraised@gmail.com
Old 10-31-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24/7 View Post
Hey Friends,

Avid Hunter here!
I own land in wmu 210, as well as several sections of permission, If your looking to get out and have some fun hunting this year, I am open to bringing someone along this year as a lot of my regular friends are stuck working away. White tail buck is general in my wmu and I have great knowledge of the surrounding areas by my farm.

That’s a generous offer! I hope you’re able to take out a “newby” and help them connect. Good on you.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:20 PM

Default Hunting lethbridge next weekend

Hey everyone rookie again here. I usually work weekend but will have the weekend after remembrance day (the 13 and 14th) off from work. And was wondering if someone would wanna go hunting for the day around lethbridge. I don't have much for gear or my PAL but was hoping to tag along and carry a bag and just get my foot in the door. I'd like to learn to hunt big game but am interested in small game as well.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:32 PM

I'm new to hunting, have most of my gear but kind of making do until I can make an informed decision on what to buy. I'll be running solo up to 414/316 this month as I have a general white tail tag.

Ideally would prefer to go out with someone experienced then I can learn some. I don't mind a hike or the snow/cold. Up for backcountry or whatever.

Available sat and sun but willing to take days off midweek.

This week I'll be free 11th to 14th.

Cheers,

Rick

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24/7 View Post
Hey Friends,

Avid Hunter here!

Emailed
Old 11-12-2021, 11:50 PM

Default New Hunter

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to big game hunting this year. I'm 35 years old and have been shooting pretty much since I could hold/aim a firearm. Iv got most of the gear to get me started in hunting just not equipped with the experience and having troubles finding teachers/mentors. Iv got a general whitetail tag and I'm in calgary. Iv tried the typical waiparous/fallen timber areas a few times with no luck. I'm willing to travel a bit if needed to try to fill my tag. If your interested in showing someone the ropes and teaching a few skills let me know. I'm very interested in learning
Old 11-15-2021, 05:43 PM

Default Looking for a buddy to go grouse hunting during the week.

Hey everyone I’m a brand new hunter the lives in Edmonton, I’m looking to see if anyone would be interested in coming hunting with me for grouse. I’m available during the week this month and during weekends next month. Let me know if you’re interested! I’m okay with newbies like me or experienced veterans
Old 11-19-2021, 03:24 PM

Default Cow Moose in 216

I have a Cow moose tag in 216. Have seen lots around, just never on the right side of the fence. Could use a hunting partner to help call them in or someone who has access to land with moose on it. Willing to split the meat.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:51 PM

Default Looking for someone to help me find a good area to land my first WT buck

The season is closing really fast and I am yet to fill my WT tag. I am very new to hunting so I don't know places that work for me. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I can fill my freezer!
Old 11-23-2021, 11:00 AM

Post Two general Elk Tags

Me and my brother have two general Elk tags. We're from Edmonton and aiming to hunting this weekend. We would like to partner up with someone experienced with Elk hunting, and we will share the meat half & half. Gas and food on us. Text @ 780.263.8887

Thanks

Last edited by Id481; 11-23-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:59 PM

Looking for veteran coyote hunter to show me the ropes. Willing to travel.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:13 PM

Default Late Season Elk Partners

Hello,

I have 2 January cow elk tags for 312 and looking for a hunting partner for a few weekends. I have some permission and am currently trying to get more. PM me for more information.

Happy holidays!
Old 02-07-2022, 07:42 PM

Default Who wants to take me spring snow goose hunting???

I'm not expecting a great response to this one, but heck, it's worth a shot.

Does anyone want to take me spring snow goose hunting?

I'm 35, male, in Calgary. I have a 12ga, steel shot ammo, a bunch of camo clothing and a Nissan Xterra.

I know you're supposed to have roughly 1 million decoys to even think about hunting snows, but I have roughly 0 and would be greatly indebted to someone who would take me under their wing, or even another noob that wants to pair up

I was looking at going with an outfitter, but then I saw the price of gas and the extra $200 on my Enmax bill this month and that went out the window

Even if you guys wanna pm me with info, tactics, gear advice I would appreciate it. I have no problem driving around on my own dime and looking for the herd either (&#128521

Thanks for reading
Old 02-09-2022, 09:50 AM

dont believe the 1 million decoys thing for snows and or canadas wouldn't of believed it until i saw it for myself but a burlap cover cost 10 dollars from Cabela's and about 50 Safeway bags tied to coat hangers works wonders with a little bit of wind .
Old 02-27-2022, 01:40 PM

Default 2022 backcountry Partner group wanted

Hello All,

I'm gearing up for the 2022 season and looking to start going into the backcountry if there's anyone or group out there that is looking to add a guy let me know. I have lots of gear and would like to do some scouting/fishing trips this summer. Just want to get into the backcountry away from the beaten path.

thanks,