Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-02-2021, 02:58 PM

Default Korth Group - Positive review

Hi all,

I thought I would post a positive experience I had with Korth group just this past month. I pulled out my Leupold Cascade BX-2 binoculars as part of getting gear ready for hunting and found that the diopter focus wasn't working correctly. Left eyepiece wouldn't adjust at all. I called Korth and they told me to send them in for warranty, which I did.

I called them back a couple weeks later and they said that they couldn't repair them so they would replace with new BX-2s. Problem was that they didn't have them in stock and it would be a while until they arrived. They offered to send me new BX-4 Pro Guide HD binocs instead. I agreed and they showed up early the following week, expedited to my door.

It's always nice to have a positive experience with a company these days, so I thought I would share.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 09-02-2021, 04:09 PM

amazing. good to share as this helps big time with gear purchasing decisions!
Old 09-02-2021, 07:32 PM

Had dealings with them before.

A-1 customer service!

If they can't fix it, they will replace it, at times with a model up!
Old 09-02-2021, 07:47 PM

Default Korth

I had a set of alumina caps, the Leupold emblem fell off of one. I asked if they might have a new emblem. They requested that I send them in, and sent me a brand new in package set. The few times, that I needed their service, the were fast efficient, and more than fair
Old 09-03-2021, 02:51 PM

I've done a fair bit of dealing with Korth over the last few years, mainly purchasing silent auction items for our fund raising banquet.

But I have had a parallax adjusted to a rimfire distance, one warranty issue on a 10 year old scope and some 30 year old scopes checked out. Service has been quick and professional.

Nothing but good things to say about Korth.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
Hi all,

I thought I would post a positive experience I had with Korth group just this past month. I pulled out my Leupold Cascade BX-2 binoculars as part of getting gear ready for hunting and found that the diopter focus wasn't working correctly. Left eyepiece wouldn't adjust at all. I called Korth and they told me to send them in for warranty, which I did.

I called them back a couple weeks later and they said that they couldn't repair them so they would replace with new BX-2s. Problem was that they didn't have them in stock and it would be a while until they arrived. They offered to send me new BX-4 Pro Guide HD binocs instead. I agreed and they showed up early the following week, expedited to my door.

It's always nice to have a positive experience with a company these days, so I thought I would share.

SS

Thanks for sharing buddy
Old 09-05-2021, 07:55 AM

They are why I choose leupold scopes. I lost a scope cover of a turret.called them and a new one showed up a few days later. I called to ask for a bill they told me no charge. What???? I did not even have to pay the shipping. Also they have a 24hr drop off option. Great to have an alberta business like this.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:58 AM

Korth has offered top notch service and a great experience for over 40 years. We are lucky to have quite a few first rate companies that deal in Outdoor stuff, here in Alberta.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:51 AM

I’ve always had the best of service from Korth.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:57 AM

I had a Redfield scope (Leupold economy brand basically) that was the last thing to check on a rifle that suddenly started shooting like crap. I sent it in to Korth with a letter that I wasn’t even sure it was the scope. A couple weeks later and it was back in my hands, they had gone through it and found something like a loose lens (I don’t remember exactly what the issue had been) so they basically rebuilt the scope and shipped it back to me, no cost. I was very happy with the whole experience and highly recommended them.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:00 AM

Have dealt with them years ago and they were great
Old 09-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Banned

Sent in scope with the usual tight power adjustment issue got it back fixed . Took a bit of time. I think they could have a bit better communication though. Acknowledge item arrived , estimate time to look at, issue found , issue fixed and item shipped back. Little to no communication unless I initiated .
Old 09-05-2021, 12:10 PM

Scope goes in and comes back fixed every time. From all reports, since I haven't used them in recent years, comes back in under 30 days most times and always under 60 days. The object of the exercise is to get back a working optic, I would prefer they allocate their manpower to fixing like they do. Communicating 4 times with every client seems a waste of time to me.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Scope goes in and comes back fixed every time. From all reports, since I haven't used them in recent years, comes back in under 30 days most times and always under 60 days. The object of the exercise is to get back a working optic, I would prefer they allocate their manpower to fixing lime they do. Communicating 4 times with every client seems a waste of time to me.
Doesn't seem that fast to me, especially for being in province. Sent my Swaro binos to the US for lens replacement and other issues due to self abuse/wear and tear and had them back in a couple weeks, maybe 3.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Doesn't seem that fast to me, especially for being in province. Sent my Swaro binos to the US for lens replacement and other issues due to self abuse/wear and tear and had them back in a couple weeks, maybe 3.
You might be an anomaly. I don't own a Swaro, but I have heard that usually the Swaro optic is repaired in many months, not weeks.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:27 PM

Both Swaro and Korth have been very good for me over the years
Old 09-06-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post
You might be an anomaly. I don't own a Swaro, but I have heard that usually the Swaro optic is repaired in many months, not weeks.
Had a friend just deal with Swarovski and they were there and back in less than 30 days. 20 years ago Korth would turn around a scope in a week. Send Monday and you had it back Thursday or Friday.

-Billy Molls
Old 09-06-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post
Also had a Leica ranger finder (1200) that I sent back to Leica 3ish years ago. It was about 12 years old and didn't seem to range that far anymore. Sent them down to New Jersey and they sent back a brand new 1800 in less than a month as the old one wasn't repairable.
30 days to and from Okotoks doesn't seem that great to me. Maybe they have an excess of repair work?
Old 09-06-2021, 09:19 PM

Suspect the turn around time lately has something to do with the shortages we are seeing everywhere since March 2020.

I had my new binocs back within 2 weeks, in plenty of time for my hunting season and they upgraded them for me. Hard to find fault in that.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 09-06-2021, 11:31 PM

I ordered a CDS dial on a monday and had it Friday. Pretty hard to beat that.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:44 AM

MountainTI - I actually think anything under a month from Swaro or Korth is actually really good, especially right now. With Canada post it is taking 5 business days to send a small parcel to Saskatoon or Calgary, so that uses two weeks right there, at least a lot of the time. Long and short, a guy gets quality repairs, or in my case the reticle swapped out, work is done right the first time, and no guff about the scope is just fine like some of the guys have been getting on clearly defective Nightforce scopes.
Outside of dropping it off and picking it up when done at Korth, which I actually did when I lived in Calgary and wanted a turret swapped, not sure how you would speed it up a whole bunch.