Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
This whole thing is getting Stupid. Government run amok and nothing makes sense any more. Common sense is truly dead, we're in panic mode at this stage of the game.

Grizz
Yup and people have a breaking point when they feel they are being wronged.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
This is very similar to other videos where all the "victim" had to do was comply with the leo . End of story . The calgary police force is not the ones that made the rules / bylaws . Fighting them makes good videos but accomplishes nothing .

To everyone bashing the cops , do you want to live in a country where we can all just walk away when questioned by leo ? As crooks are walking away with the stuff they took out of your house ? This guy getting arrested is not a hero, he is a disrespectful punk .
X2, seems to be the way these day's,

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is very similar to other videos where all the "victim" had to do was comply with the leo . End of story . The calgary police force is not the ones that made the rules / bylaws . Fighting them makes good videos but accomplishes nothing .

To everyone bashing the cops , do you want to live in a country where we can all just walk away when questioned by leo ? As crooks are walking away with the stuff they took out of your house ? This guy getting arrested is not a hero, he is a disrespectful punk .
Only partially true, the public health order is not being enforced evenly, so in fact this young man was making a statement very similar to protestors.

Now, if these two officers were stationed at Chinook Mall on Boxing day handing out public health order non-compliance tickets, then this young man is quilty.

Jim
Old 12-19-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post
Only partially true, the public health order is not being enforced evenly, so in fact this young man was making a statement very similar to protestors.

Now, if these two officers were stationed at Chinook Mall on Boxing day handing out public health order non-compliance tickets, then this young man is quilty.

Jim
Your statement is the same as " other people were parked in the no parking area so i should be allowed also . "
No law is ever evenly enforced , but that is not an valid reason to break laws .
Old 12-19-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweld View Post
He was asked for his id, he refused and went back skating. That’s why he was arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a law to show i.d when requested. Or have it on you at all times? I’m curious. Because I don’t carry I.d unless I may need it. Basically driving.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:37 AM

The density of 40 people on a large rink is nothing compared to what I’ve seen in shopping centers lately.

The body language of the male cop is telling. If the “criminal” actually required a physical takedown or tased then for certain he would be physical involved. He’s watching as if he can’t believe these idiots, but can’t really say anything to stop them because it would look bad for the force.

Agree with their actions or not, either way this is a pretty embarrassing display of how ineffective these two cops are in dealing with assailants.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Your statement is the same as " other people were parked in the no parking area so i should be allowed also . "
No law is ever evenly enforced , but that is not an valid reason to break laws .
Sorry sir, but parking infractions are governed / enforced equally, this public health order is not...

This video is about picking the low lying fruit.

Jim
Old 12-19-2020, 09:43 AM

Talking The new system works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post

Jim
So, using your example above, you must also believe that anyone charged with a crime (speeding, assault, DUI, etc etc. etc.) is innocent unless every other guilty person is caught and charged?
That's quite a stretch.

Defenders of "Defund the Police" should be happy at this outcome, it is an example of what they have been asking for. City Bylaw attended the scene first, realized it was beyond their ability, and called in CPS backup to help control the situation. If he had complied with the lawful orders as instructed, it would have gone very differently, this outcome is on him.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-19-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Was they man a violent threat to the public?

Did he get physical with the officer?

It is clear as day who physically escalated the situation. This was an offense that only called for a ticket at the most. Write they ticket and let the guy pay it or waste time fighting it

I have no problem supporting an officer when they are in the right but not going to support one when they are wrong.
Write him a ticket for playing hockey when he's not allowed to, then let him go back to playing hockey? Clearly the guy wasn't leaving the ice. He could have gotten a warning. But he sure talked his way into a pile of trouble.

I've dealt with the police a few times before. Spent time in their vip hotel. When I was younger I fought every step of the way. Nowadays the only thing you hear from me is "yes sir" or "no sir" and I never have a bad outcome.

I went to wash my service truck yesterday and had no intention on wearing a mask in my private stall. About 40 ft away there was a sheriff washing his car and wearing a mask. So I just put one on. I didn't feel the need to protest or cause a scene and pretty much make myself look like an idiot. I just put on my mask and washed my truck.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Is there a law to show i.d when requested. Or have it on you at all times? I’m curious. Because I don’t carry I.d unless I may need it. Basically driving.

Not a law. But it is a law when law enforcement asks who you are and you don’t tell them. Obstruction of justice

Old 12-19-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Not a law. But it is a law when law enforcement asks who you are and you don’t tell them. Obstruction of justice

You sure about that one?
Old 12-19-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
Since when is a 21 year old a kid, when I was 21 I was married, had my own house and one kid.
Shotgun wedding no doubt.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:10 AM

Default Man arrested for skating

Quote:

Oh? Can you tell me more?

Edit. Nvm. Found this.

Last edited by Talking moose; 12-19-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:12 AM

Dangling to hard. Hands are deadly.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
So, using your example above, you must also believe that anyone charged with a crime (speeding, assault, DUI, etc etc. etc.) is innocent unless every other guilty person is caught and charged?
That's quite a stretch.

Defenders of "Defund the Police" should be happy at this outcome, it is an example of what they have been asking for. City Bylaw attended the scene first, realized it was beyond their ability, and called in CPS backup to help control the situation. If he had complied with the lawful orders as instructed, it would have gone very differently, this outcome is on him.
Your assumptions are a stretch, why are we not enforcing these public health orders in a confined indoor space like the Chinook Mall ? We are allowing herds of shoppers with-out penalty, but kids and young adults playing puck on an outdoor rink is wrong ?

I agree this outcome is on him due to his actions, but this just shows how ridiculous our world has become and I personally do not agree with the cherry picking the low lying fruit.

Do you really think By-Law is unaware of the herds of people in our malls that are not conforming to the public health order ? Of course they are but choose to turn a blind eye to this particular situation...

Jim
Old 12-19-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
A bit of an assumption, and a douche comment.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Oh? Can you tell me more?

Edit. Nvm. Found this.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:29 AM

I'm going to take a wild guess that those two cops are not the ones who get the most serious calls. I do wonder though if there is still any sort of physical requirements to being hired on at CPS if two of them couldn't take down one small'ish guy who wasn't even aggressive with them?
Old 12-19-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Write him a ticket for playing hockey when he's not allowed to, then let him go back to playing hockey? Clearly the guy wasn't leaving the ice. He could have gotten a warning. But he sure talked his way into a pile of trouble.

I've dealt with the police a few times before. Spent time in their vip hotel. When I was younger I fought every step of the way. Nowadays the only thing you hear from me is "yes sir" or "no sir" and I never have a bad outcome.

I went to wash my service truck yesterday and had no intention on wearing a mask in my private stall. About 40 ft away there was a sheriff washing his car and wearing a mask. So I just put one on. I didn't feel the need to protest or cause a scene and pretty much make myself look like an idiot. I just put on my mask and washed my truck.
Regardless if you feel it should always be yes sir no sir the officer unnecessarily escalated the the situation into a physical altercation. A badge does not give a person they right to do as they choose and realistic protocols/rules should be followed

Ticket him tell him to leave return and write him another ticket till he leaves. It’s going to ge really expensive if he doesn’t comply. This would be one way to address the situation

This was not a man being violent towards the public or officer and a low risk offender. The officers had options and chose poorly escalating the situation beyond what was necessary. Instead they created a public spectacle that went from enforcing bylaws to officers tough talking, screaming threats, throwing nut shots, and acting like fools in front of kids/general public.

In the end it won’t matter what you and I think about how this situation was handled. What should be realized during theses times with society under extreme stressed being heavy handed over already controversial bylaws could cause a good portion of society to lash out

When you break it down this was officers reacting to people skating something that would be deemed reasonable recreation and something to do with your children before theses bylaws. This is not dealing with criminals that prey on society
Old 12-19-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:

As is my original post, I’m talking about myself.(I don’t commit crimes.)
Not this skater.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Some people decide to start early for other reasons. I decided to try for a kid at 20.... thirteen years later and not a single regret.

I owned a house, had my vehicles paid for, money in the bank and a great woman at home. Even if it had been a shotgun wedding, who cares. I’d never take a jab at a guy for stepping up and taking care of his own...
Old 12-19-2020, 10:35 AM

The men cops wanted no part of that arrest. IMO they thought it was a dumb move and didn’t offer any help when it was obviously needed.
Sure the kid was at fault, but everyone here is right when they say the law is not being enforced equally.
I am in the embarrassed for the police camp on this.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Not this skater.

Good for you. You have nothing to worry about then.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
He was not complying simple as that. Just because you're stronger than a woman cop and wearing the proper foot gear for the environment doesn't mean you can resist and make them look like fools.

If she asks you to leave, leave.
If she asks you to get on the ground, get on the ground.

She should have tased him.

The guy recording the situation was saying this will be all over the news, well the video might just seal his friend's fate.
agree..and then the other wankers show up and start daunting the officers...ohhh well just another day in policing...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-19-2020, 10:42 AM
Banned

Last edited by Simplefarmer; 12-19-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:42 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Gusto View Post
The men cops wanted no part of that arrest. IMO they thought it was a dumb move and didn’t offer any help when it was obviously needed.
Sure the kid was at fault, but everyone here is right when they say the law is not being enforced equally.
I am in the embarrassed for the police camp on this.
the initial officers had the one fella the others ensured the other punks showing up where kept back...situational awareness...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-19-2020, 10:43 AM

Nah, that’s not it at all.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Not this skater.
lol
Old 12-19-2020, 10:49 AM

All that I ask, is if there is ever a BLM protest in Calgary, please send those two officers to respond, and someone video the results and post them. The video could be quite entertaining if they try to use the same approach to remove protesters. But of course Nenshi would never allow the police to bother illegal BLM protestors.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:49 AM

Yeah lets avoid the real crimes and direct all our resources to a bunch of people skating and enjoying the outdoors. Such a terrible crime all because someone could not mind there own business and let people enjoy themselves.
Closed Thread