Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-02-2020, 05:57 PM

Default Sako gun parts

Putting my mag in I noticed a hole where the front action screw should be. After investigating I see that the screw has fractured and I'll have to use an extractor/easy out to remove it.

Part as described by sako.fi:
S5AR0265 Receiver fastening screws Sako A7,85/T3 2pcs, Stainless, Torx T25

I only need the front screw.

WGP and Stoegers come to mind. Any other parts providers that I should be looking at?
Old 11-02-2020, 10:41 PM

Easy Out screw extractor worked like a charm. Sent an email to Stoeger and WPG for the screw...
Old 11-03-2020, 07:37 AM

Good you were able to remove easily . It is certainly unusual to have an action screw break , in fact I’ve never seen one break
Old 11-03-2020, 01:31 PM

Action screws available from Stoeger for a mere $60 + ship + tax. Buy 20 screws for the price of a new gun lol. Crazy.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:55 PM

If you are in a hurry Coretac solutions has screws for the Tikka t3 as part of their lug and pillar kit. You could get those and sell the other parts off.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
If you are in a hurry Coretac solutions has screws for the Tikka t3 as part of their lug and pillar kit. You could get those and sell the other parts off.
Just sent them an email. Thanks for the suggestion. On another note......ATLASWORXS in Australia will supply after market screws for $24...........could be a long wait for the package though. I replaced the plastic trigger guard on my SAKO A7 with an ATLASWORKS alloy trigger guard. Took a few months to get that in the mail
Old 11-03-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Just sent them an email. Thanks for the suggestion. On another note......ATLASWORXS in Australia will supply after market screws for $24...........could be a long wait for the package though. I replaced the plastic trigger guard on my SAKO A7 with an ATLASWORKS alloy trigger guard. Took a few months to get that in the mail

I got some odds and ends from Atlasworks last month. 3 weeks max which isn't bad with the Covid situation.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:25 AM

I buy my gun screws here, no way I will pay the exorbitant fees the factories charge.

https://www.albanycountyfasteners.co...crew-s/330.htm

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-04-2020, 02:45 PM

Default Coretac solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
a big shout out to:

CORETAC SOLUTIONS

They are a Canadian Company marketing 3rd party firearm products.

So I was asking if they stocked replacement action screws for my Sako A7 which uses the same action screws as Tikka T3s and Sako 85s. Now Stoeger was going to charge me $60 + tax + ship for the OEM screws, an outlandish price, so I asked Coretec based on brewster29's suggestion.

Coretac has the screws I need in stock and they are shipping them to me for $0. That's right folks, $0. No charge for the screws and no shipping charge. Who does that?

They stock many aftermarket products for Tikka T3's and Sako A7's. I ordered an alloy trigger guard to replace the nylon trigger guard from ATLASWORXS in Australia way back 6 months ago. I did not know that I could have purchased the same product through Coretac.

Check out Coretac if you want to upgrade your T3's/A7's