Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-24-2020, 04:52 PM

On the lake now. Yes, after drilling holes, you might encounter some flood water. At least on the Mulhurst side where I am.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsite View Post
On the lake now. Yes, after drilling holes, you might encounter some flood water. At least on the Mulhurst side where I am.
Thanks for the info. Are you catching anything?

BW
Old 03-24-2020, 05:44 PM

Nothing yet. Only seen one walleye
Old 03-24-2020, 08:22 PM
Banned

We’re you the white Ford or dark Chevy?
Old 03-24-2020, 08:29 PM

Default Provincial Park

Spent the afternoon out there today. Super easy to drive around. About 6 inches of snow on top of the ice and we did not see any Flood water. I think the walleye have the covid. Very slow but they are there. Nice sunny afternoon
Old 03-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Spent the afternoon out there today. Super easy to drive around. About 6 inches of snow on top of the ice and we did not see any Flood water. I think the walleye have the covid. Very slow but they are there. Nice sunny afternoon
You were the white Ford?
Old 03-24-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.crentist View Post
You were the white Ford?
I was not at Mulhurst. Drive chev
Old 03-24-2020, 09:03 PM

White Ford.....
Old 03-24-2020, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
White Ford.....
You drove past us on your way out, black and white F150's, eskimo tent. Did you have any luck today?
Old 03-25-2020, 07:58 AM

1 pike, 2 walleye swam thru....not interest. And you?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:50 AM

How is the snow on the mill Hurst side of the lake
Old 03-25-2020, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbuss View Post
How is the snow on the mill Hurst side of the lake
fairly packed down but also has lots of roads plowed every which way because of the golf tourney a few weeks ago. two wheel drive does it on those
Old 03-25-2020, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
1 pike, 2 walleye swam thru....not interest. And you?
We got two walleye, one at quarter to 6 and one at quarter to 9, and a small jack earlier in the day. A larger jack hit us a few times and did its thing for a while, darting in and hovering around the camera. Yesterday was very slow in the camera. I've been out similar time of day on the 19th, 20th, and 23rd, it was very busy on the camera, 3 at a time even, and we caught more fish.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:27 AM

My plan is to head out Friday afterwork, and fish the evening and overnight. First time all year that I've had the time for an overnight, looking forward to it. Hope the fish are biting.

BW
Old 03-25-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
My plan is to head out Friday afterwork, and fish the evening and overnight. First time all year that I've had the time for an overnight, looking forward to it. Hope the fish are biting.

BW
Good luck on your outing. I never done an overnight stay. I’m heading outing for sure this weekend to the spot where I had unreal action on Sunday.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:05 AM

lots of snow on the ice? can a guy move around easily with a pick up?
Old 03-26-2020, 02:24 PM

Was out on both Sunday and Tuesday evening, had to shovel once on both nights. So keep your head up, the drifts are pretty deep in spots. Once when trying to get around the snow golf snow banks and once out off of Sandholm point. It’s tough getting around in spots.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antler hunter View Post
lots of snow on the ice? can a guy move around easily with a pick up?
There is lots of snow on the ice and getting around other than on sled or quad is tough. I have tried both Mulhurst and P Park side and neither is easy unless sticking to the beaten paths. Spoke to a guy who tried Grandview but thought it to tough and rough so he went to the beaten path at Mulhurst. I tried to get on at Mameo but there was a guy stuck not 10 feet in.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:04 PM

Does anyone know if they have locked the provincial park. ie can some one still access the lake via the Prov. Park?
Old 03-27-2020, 09:22 PM

I wouldn’t count on Being able to use the provincial park access
Old 03-27-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
There is lots of snow on the ice and getting around other than on sled or quad is tough. I have tried both Mulhurst and P Park side and neither is easy unless sticking to the beaten paths. Spoke to a guy who tried Grandview but thought it to tough and rough so he went to the beaten path at Mulhurst. I tried to get on at Mameo but there was a guy stuck not 10 feet in.
I was at the P park the other day and I posted a report. Was all the way to the 30 foot depth and settled at the drop off. If you have been there you know where it is. Simple to drive around. Don’t need to stick to the trail. 6 inches of snow on top of the ice. You must of tried a while back. Car might have trouble. But doesn’t matter now I’m seeing. Closed
Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 PM

I’m on Pigeon right now. Dropped a line about 30 minutes ago. Access is rough as hell, if anyone heads out to Silver Beach stop by I need some muscle to get my topper back on my truck. It’ll take 5 minutes and if you have a crescent wrench that would be handy too. I’d be very grateful for your assistance.

Beautiful night sitting on about 10 feet of water lots of ice. BBQ’d up some ribs for supper. Delicious eats. Going to be a good night on the lake.

BW
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I’m on Pigeon right now. Dropped a line about 30 minutes ago. Access is rough as hell, if anyone heads out to Silver Beach stop by I need some muscle to get my topper back on my truck. It’ll take 5 minutes and if you have a crescent wrench that would be handy too. I’d be very grateful for your assistance.

Beautiful night sitting on about 10 feet of water lots of ice. BBQ’d up some ribs for supper. Delicious eats. Going to be a good night on the lake.

BW
How's the fishing, BW?

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
I was at the P park the other day and I posted a report. Was all the way to the 30 foot depth and settled at the drop off. If you have been there you know where it is. Simple to drive around. Don’t need to stick to the trail. 6 inches of snow on top of the ice. You must of tried a while back. Car might have trouble. But doesn’t matter now I’m seeing. Closed
I was there twice this week and found as soon as you get away from the beaten path to the drop off getting around in a truck is difficult. If you are just getting to the drop off there is no problem but I found the fishing slow there.

Tx for the reply I guess I will have to execute plan C or D now. My plan A is usually run and gun but with out a sled that is certainly out.

Good luck out there.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
How's the fishing, BW?

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
The bite is on right now!

BW
Old 03-28-2020, 08:28 AM

Got the topper back on the truck. If you’re out this way stop.

Two caught and released so far since day break.

BW
Old 03-28-2020, 09:23 AM

I launched from Mulhurst on Thursday with the atv. The snow was soft from the sun and quite deep in places. Easy to dig yourself in and get stuck if you backed off the throttle. Burned quite a bit of gas trying to out to the humps in the middle for the evening bite but didnt actually make it. Hit spots of floodwater and after getting stuck 4 or 5 times on my way there I gave up. People on sleds were moving around fairly easily though.

Tried silver beach and around the launch at mulhurst until 7pm but didnt mark a thing. Spent too much time digging. Oh well, open waters right around the corner!
Old 03-28-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringTheory View Post
I launched from Mulhurst on Thursday with the atv. The snow was soft from the sun and quite deep in places. Easy to dig yourself in and get stuck if you backed off the throttle. Burned quite a bit of gas trying to out to the humps in the middle for the evening bite but didnt actually make it. Hit spots of floodwater and after getting stuck 4 or 5 times on my way there I gave up. People on sleds were moving around fairly easily though.

Tried silver beach and around the launch at mulhurst until 7pm but didnt mark a thing. Spent too much time digging. Oh well, open waters right around the corner!
I was out in the middle on the sled. Got there nice and early, drill first hole, hit dirt...probably from someone's truck earlier in the year. No chance to see it. Auger, dulled. I have a new set of blades at home so begged the wife to drive them out to the service station at by Sandholm. Back to fishings shortly after Stuck to the middle. Seen one white in the morning...came close, that's it. Pigeon handed me back an @ss kicking this year. Super nice day out though. Really enjoyed it regardless. And, I'll have to change it up next year. Out deep was not the thing this year.

Owe the wife now. So today I'm cleaning the house and she can relax.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringTheory View Post

I drove out to the middle friday afternoon with the quad and it was a little tough going in spots but not too bad.And on the return trip back it was nasty.I followed my trail thinking it would be packed some so my sled wouldnt be dragging so bad.I hit alot of floodwater and dam near got stuck in 3 areas-had the old honda pinned for a good km till i got about 200 yds from the paths at Mulhurst.The fishing was a little slow from 2-4 but really picked up after that.It was weird that some walleye were really agressive and nailed the jig instantly where others bumped it for awhile.Caught 2 really nice thick pike as well.Good luck to all that head out this weekend.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:45 AM

I was planning to fish the drop off at the provincial park today with my 2 young boys, but I guess that option is now out.

We will be walking on. Is there anywhere else on the lake where they will have a decent chance of catching a fish without having to get too far out onto the lake?

Not looking for your honey hole, just want to have a general idea where they might have a chance as we’ve only ever walked on at the provincial park in the past.