Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Do you tell your women how to vote too?

BW
Old 01-02-2020, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Temporary like your stay here every once in awhile!

Not sure who you are trying to fool around here!
I think you got me confused with someone else.

Back on topic, I wish auto insurance was optional. Total waste of money for some of us who are extremely cautious drivers. For government to make it mandatory and allow companies to monopolize it with steep premiums, is just not right.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosepasture View Post
I think you got me confused with someone else.

Back on topic, I wish auto insurance was optional. Total waste of money for some of us who are extremely cautious drivers. For government to make it mandatory and allow companies to monopolize it with steep premiums, is just not right.
Are you sure the name 'monsterdon' doesn't ring a bell?
Old 01-02-2020, 08:44 PM

Just got my 2020 renewal.
Four vehicles on the policy, a truck, a jeep, a motorcycle and quad.
Been with this company for around 7 years, zero claims ever.
Policy went up $400.00 for 2020
Old 01-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeFan007 View Post
Just got my 2020 renewal.
Four vehicles on the policy, a truck, a jeep, a motorcycle and quad.
Been with this company for around 7 years, zero claims ever.
Policy went up $400.00 for 2020
Nothing to worry about. They are just "recovering losses"

No big deal....
Old 01-03-2020, 12:19 AM

Self insure ! The whole industry is built on fear . Odds are highly in your favor.
Only thing likely to happen in a lifetime is petty theft that you will never claim out of fear your rates will go up.
Absolute scam. Last fire in my neighborhood was 50 years ago. Everyone burns wood here for heat, 100's of cords every year. Insurance rates for wood stoves in homes has risen 300%-500% in 5 years if they will insure you. Mandatory Wett inspections . WTF. 100% fear based.
Wish I would have self insured for the last 30 years and invested the $. Not one claim !!
So many 10"s of thousands, for nothing.
Absolute minimum is insured now. Not scared at all.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosepasture View Post
Seems prudent to cut back. We are young but we live on the bare minimum. I don't want to get used to luxuries that might not exist in the future if things keeping getting worse. Best to save in case we are the next ones laid off. Hope for the best prepare for the worst. Don't mind spending money on things that could be useful for survival like hunting, fishing (nothing fancy). Zero spent on entertainment or drugs.

I'm not proud of it but we are living with parents (while saving and waiting to buy a home outright... soon). Trudeau wants to lower standard of living to "save the environment", so I expect a lot more people to be living in shared housing rather than everyone living alone. That is a big hunk of fat right there waiting to be trimmed. Back to how it was most of history. Last few generations were an exception where people got wealthy enough to do it.

Things could get keep getting worse for many years while they slowly increase the burden, eventually leading to a depression. People complain loudly but won't risk themselves to stand up and do anything about it. Especially these days where everyone looks out for himself.

Hey look everybody monsterdon is back as moosepasture he had us all fooled until his 3rd post

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:35 PM

^ lol. I thought exactly that when reading that post. Hard to believe it isn’t him.

Got the renewal papers in the mail. Vehicle insurance up 5.7% and residential up 8.3%. Sucks. Going to shop around a little. Still have a month and a half before renewal.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
^ lol. I thought exactly that when reading that post. Hard to believe it isn’t him.

Got the renewal papers in the mail. Vehicle insurance up 5.7% and residential up 8.3%. Sucks. Going to shop around a little. Still have a month and a half before renewal.
I told the Cooperators they may want to find some more new discounts or a better rider when they told me the same thing last time. My insurance went down.

I am not afraid to start with another company. They need to know that.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-05-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Some years I'm sure it is, some years I'm sure it isn't. A hailstorm going though Airdrie resulting in damage to tens of thousands of vehicles and homes, wildfire in California destroying 22,000+ buildings, etc. isn't cheap.

I have no issue with the UCP removing the cap as I don't believe government should be meddling in private business.
After the fire damage in Australia gets added into the pot I think the planned insurance increases will continue to increase every year. So far their damage has made other notable fires look like weekend BBQ's and with climate change happening as quick as it is insurance premiums have no where else to go but UP, UP, UP .........