Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2019, 08:01 AM
Banned

Default A one sentence rant!

Why can so many people with new vehicles not figure out how to turn on their tailights...especially on the highway it's dangerous.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:04 AM

They have the automatic lights and forget to turn on their headlights, even at night...…….
Old 12-23-2019, 08:06 AM

Probably the same reason that they wait until 2 tires are across the dotted line before they put their God damn signal light on...

Old 12-23-2019, 08:14 AM

A friend of mine asked the driver if his car was still under warranty.....when the fellow said that it was, my friend told him to get the signal light checked as it was not working!
Old 12-23-2019, 08:23 AM

Why does that lead cow elk ALWAYs head to the opposite side of the ridge when I get her in my spotter...

Sigh
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-23-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
They have the automatic lights and forget to turn on their headlights, even at night...…….
If you have automatic headlghts, and you leave the switch on auto, you don't have to remember to turn your lights on at night. The only time that I turn the lights on manually, is in fog or snow, when the automatic lights don't come on by themselves.

Quote:
A friend of mine asked the driver if his car was still under warranty.....when the fellow said that it was, my friend told him to get the signal light checked as it was not working!
Isn't that the truth, between not signalling, and rolling trough stop signs, I wonder how some people don't get tickets more often.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:27 AM

Some new vehicles always have the dash lights on so I think people just assume there tails are on. My f150 is full backlight in the middle of the day then turns down to my preferred setting when the lights are on.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:44 AM

Drives me nuts that RCMP and CPS don't have their headlights or daytime running lights on in low visibility conditions.

So incredibly dangerous. Especially travelling on single lane highway.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:51 AM

Why do people feel the need to flash me with bright lights when I don't have my lights on? It's rather obvious they can see me.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:00 AM

All new vehicles should be setup to have all the lights on at startup or when put into gear. Default should be headlights and taillights on and you’d opt to turn them off for a certain circumstance, not the other way around.
Why daytime running lights don’t include tail lights is beyond me.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
Probably the same reason that they wait until 2 tires are across the dotted line before they put their God damn signal light on...

Only 2 tires.....I would be happy with that.....

On my way to the mall the other day and no pre-signalling, guy just wheels into my lane, all 4 wheels, then signals.......I was lucky.....Man I was POed.......

Then he looks at me like I was wrong....

Merry Christmas

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:05 AM

Why do people make left turn during rush hour .
Old 12-23-2019, 09:10 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Why does that lead cow elk ALWAYs head to the opposite side of the ridge when I get her in my spotter...

Sigh
because she knows you have an STD....short term disability.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-23-2019, 09:24 AM

Funny, people managed before day time running lights. Pay attention People, YOU are in control of your vehicle, if you count on lights on the vehicle ahead of you, you're driving too fast. Then it's a mystery how we have 30 car pileups on the QE 2.

Grizz
Old 12-23-2019, 09:32 AM

Exclamation Grrr! Arrrgh!

There are holes in my socks, and it's not Christmas yet!

OT- the problem started when they introduced full-time illuminated dash clusters on top of DRL's. The Automatic setting for lights only adds to the problem; it makes people stoopid.
Adding more technology will only make matters worse.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by urban rednek; 12-23-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:38 AM

Why do my neighbors need to run their straight piped diesel on high idle for an hour at 5 AM every morning, and it's only -11 C?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-23-2019, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Funny, people managed before day time running lights. Pay attention People, YOU are in control of your vehicle, if you count on lights on the vehicle ahead of you, you're driving too fast. Then it's a mystery how we have 30 car pileups on the QE 2.

Grizz
True to a point...but on the weekend on a unlit range road came upon a black Honda with no lights on...I'm a pretty aware driver but damn, was he hard to see.
In my opinion your response is basically the oh, so popular 'blame the victim' mentality. The guy should have had his taillights on!!
Old 12-23-2019, 11:17 AM

Got behind a fellow the other morning, leased pick up, daytime running lights only.
He got to the next intersection and was turning left, while I was going straight, I tooted my horn when I got beside him and he rolled his window down. He was shocked he had no tail lights as he thought they were automatic. He thanked me, flicked his headlights and tail lights on, and we parted ways.

So we can rant about stuff, or be part of the solution I guess.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-23-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post

actually , im that guy . i never used to be but in the last 6 to 8 years i find that if i turn the signal light on first, the vehicle in the lane i wan to go into will accelerate and block the opening in that lane . after missing a few off ramps or turn offs i take the lane i need and signal later . the final straw was on the highway with a trailer full of horses . construction coming up so i put on my signal light . the vehicle behind the trailer moved up , forcing me to slow down enough that i could not merge safely any more and had to come to a complete stop on the highway . i dont signal lane change anymore till i block the lane .
Old 12-23-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Why do my neighbors need to run their straight piped diesel on high idle for an hour at 5 AM every morning, and it's only -11 C?
Must be a Dodge diesel truck
Old 12-23-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

Darn I didn't know we were neighbours , I have a couple of those same jack wads in my neighbourhood.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
actually , im that guy . i never used to be but in the last 6 to 8 years i find that if i turn the signal light on first, the vehicle in the lane i wan to go into will accelerate and block the opening in that lane . after missing a few off ramps or turn offs i take the lane i need and signal later . the final straw was on the highway with a trailer full of horses . construction coming up so i put on my signal light . the vehicle behind the trailer moved up , forcing me to slow down enough that i could not merge safely any more and had to come to a complete stop on the highway . i dont signal lane change anymore till i block the lane .
Why bother at all at that point? It doesn't serve any purpose, you are already in the lane.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Why bother at all at that point? It doesn't serve any purpose, you are already in the lane.
Exactly, it's called " signaling your intent" not signaling what you are already doing.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
makes me feel good
Old 12-23-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitw View Post
Why do people feel the need to flash me with bright lights when I don't have my lights on? It's rather obvious they can see me.
Yes and it is also rather obvious that you must be, to say it in a charitable way, inattentive because you are running around in the dark or fog with no lights on. Might try learning to turn them on without others having to remind you.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:18 PM

Why do people have to run around with there fog lights on 24/7,under street lights when you can see clearly for 20 blocks ahead?
Old 12-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly, it's called " signaling your intent" not signaling what you are already doing.
The other one is sitting behind someone in the left lane at controlled intersection...the light turns green...and on comes the signal light.
Read your damn manual...as elk says you're supposed to show intent...not tell the person behind you that 'yes, I will now confirm I am turning'.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:37 PM

Why do people with these LED light bars have to flash them at my STOCK low beams?
Old 12-23-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehunter View Post
Why do people have to run around with there fog lights on 24/7,under street lights when you can see clearly for 20 blocks ahead?
I guess cause they look cool all those lights on driving in the city under well lit streets and if they are bright enough they can really **** the people off coming towards them.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
The other one is sitting behind someone in the left lane at controlled intersection...the light turns green...and on comes the signal light.
Read your damn manual...as elk says you're supposed to show intent...not tell the person behind you that 'yes, I will now confirm I am turning'.
i hadnt thought of that but i will give it a try next time im in the city , thanks for the tip !