Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
time to move to Montana
Time to join Montana in the Western Confederation of North America. Or just separate and join the US.

Nora Loreto 6:49 PM 8 Apr. 2018
Old 12-02-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishpah View Post
Time to join Montana in the Western Confederation of North America. Or just separate and join the US.
What we need is every province to separate from Canada in a joint effort and immediately re form the country as a coalition with without the Federal Government.

In addition, the 5% gouge and screw tax alone, if allocated provincially, would be enough to deal away with personal income tax. 5% flat tax on everything that can not be abused by rich via tax loopholes, 0 personal income tax, and 0 federal waste.

Its an archaic system that was established when we needed horses and carts to send a message via snail mail... in todays day and age Trumps tweets reaching a global audience in seconds prove just how outdated this system is in perspective. Time to get rid of it.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:33 AM

Man that's brazen. Hope they're caught and strung up.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:54 AM

If you chopped off a hand when they are caught stealing the problem would soon be solved plus it would make it easier to identify know thieves as they walk around in public, maybe a little harsh but clearly our court system is NOT working and is NOT a deterrent to the 20 time repeat offenders that are running around on a promise to appear with 16 warrants out for their arrest because they failed to appear the last 16 times they were caught and released on a promise to appear.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
If you chopped off a hand when they are caught stealing the problem would soon be solved plus it would make it easier to identify know thieves as they walk around in public, maybe a little harsh but clearly our court system is NOT working and is NOT a deterrent to the 20 time repeat offenders that are running around on a promise to appear with 16 warrants out for their arrest because they failed to appear the last 16 times they were caught and released on a promise to appear.
Sir,

You have obviously never dealt with METH HEADS. They will gladly chop off their OWN HAND if they need a hit, so all consequences are meaningless.

Meth is pretty cheap, and once they are hooked, it is only a matter of time before their lifestyle takes them to their grave simply from the health effects.

It is cheaper for the rest of us to simply do a free injection site so that they do not have to steal.

But yes, the band aid solution that was applied to Mental Health is being applied to nuisance Criminals.

Unless they have done something that makes them an immediate threat of physical harm to others, they are simply being set free to continue being a nuisance to everyone else.

Even still, this approach is seeing the Remand Center full to the rafters, and the Jails being full as well. Its a fact that Jail is 3 square meals, a warm place, and clean sheets until Spring time.

Now if the Economy was good, these people could work, and have a roof over their head, rather than go down the path of addiction and drug induced escape. Yes they would still buy drugs, but it would be Cocaine, which is less harmful than Meth.

But as for deterrent, there is nothing to protect the Citizens, and in Rural Alberta and absent property owners, we are all just future victims from these people.

Drewski
Old 12-02-2019, 08:30 AM

We live in a small town where the local meth head(well known) was on a stealing rampage. People knew who was,stole anything even punching holes in gas tanks for fuel. His crime spree ended when his pickup loaded with stolen car batteries burned to the ground from his own stupidity. No ability to get around no more crime spree. Food for thought.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:33 AM

But as for deterrent, there is nothing to protect the Citizens, and in Rural Alberta and absent property owners, we are all just future victims from these people.

There is the root of the problem. Rural residents, don't give a damn about their personal problems, we just want to deal with the effects and if that means cutting off a hand, so be it.

Grizz
Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 AM

Hope these **** heads get caught.

Wondering, does the cams you have require wifi?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Its spelled 'head', not hand, but yeah.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:45 AM

its only a matter of time before someone get's killed.
Whether it be the victim of a break-in or the perpetrators.

The government will make a big deal out of it, but rather than deal with the ongoing issue of rural break-ins, they will use it as an excuse to implement tougher gun control laws.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:19 PM

Looks very familiar to the truck that frequents the local drug house just West of Goodfish. I will forward your link to those I know to see if I'm right...
Old 12-02-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTrapper View Post
Looks very familiar to the truck that frequents the local drug house just West of Goodfish. I will forward your link to those I know to see if I'm right...
Maybe the Mounties should stop by this drug house...
Old 12-02-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
I'm thinking John Wick should stop by there.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
Even better...
Old 12-02-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Its spelled 'head', not hand, but yeah.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
Wouldn't be the first time neighbors cleaned out a drug house before the cops finished at Tim's and got around to it.

Grizz
Old 12-02-2019, 07:42 PM

Note the ring leader guy had the girls doing all the dirty work. Those folks would play the victim card if they were injured or killed by a property owner. The law works harder to protect dangerous criminals and the real victims pay dearly in the liberal court system. For those of us that have family and or friends that are committing these crimes you have to let them go. If they refuse help they will suffer the consequences of committing these types of crime if a property owner uses force protecting family and property. Addicts will rob love ones blind with out a second thought, as in our family. There is a slim chance of these people being able to contribute in a positive way after being drug addicted criminals. Very few of these people break away from addiction and become permanent wards of the government. Sad to say this but some will never escape the drug trap and you cannot blame people that protect themselves when police are a long way off. I hope those nut cases are caught fast before a property owner is killed. Good video, I am sure the RCMP know who they are.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
They know believe me. There is a band of these guys that move from old abandoned trailer to trailer. Cops have hit them a few times. Things get quiet for a while, then said folks return to the community and the cycle starts over again. The local RCMP do what they can. No bad ill towards them at all. Very nice guys actually.
My biggest frustration is with the County. They don't mind taking the taxes from these properties but will do nothing to enforce any bylaws. In one case the land owner has been dead for 10-12 years, the trailer has been deemed unfit for anyone "Other then Family" to live in (so I've been told), no one claims ownership of the property, yet the Drug Dealers use it for "business purposes". RCMP has hit it several times over the last few years but again County does nothing. Where do they think tax money is coming from??? Proceeds of Crime maybe...

And then there is the Band Council and their lack of concern for the community but I won't go there...

Anyhow sorry for the rant.

To the OP, I have a cabin a bit west of you and I know your pain. 6 times I have been hit over the years. Thousands in lost equipment, tools, appliances and damages. Forced to put in a monitored Alarm system. Telsco is the company I deal with out of Edmonton and they have been great to deal with should you decide to go that route. Now I know things can still happen but at least now they will deal with the fact that the cops will be called right away, alarms will be buzzing and video will be taken.

Good luck and take care!
Old 12-03-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTrapper View Post
They know believe me. There is a band of these guys that move from old abandoned trailer to trailer. Cops have hit them a few times. Things get quiet for a while, then said folks return to the community and the cycle starts over again. The local RCMP do what they can. No bad ill towards them at all. Very nice guys actually.
My biggest frustration is with the County. They don't mind taking the taxes from these properties but will do nothing to enforce any bylaws. In one case the land owner has been dead for 10-12 years, the trailer has been deemed unfit for anyone "Other then Family" to live in (so I've been told), no one claims ownership of the property, yet the Drug Dealers use it for "business purposes". RCMP has hit it several times over the last few years but again County does nothing. Where do they think tax money is coming from??? Proceeds of Crime maybe...

And then there is the Band Council and their lack of concern for the community but I won't go there...

Anyhow sorry for the rant.

To the OP, I have a cabin a bit west of you and I know your pain. 6 times I have been hit over the years. Thousands in lost equipment, tools, appliances and damages. Forced to put in a monitored Alarm system. Telsco is the company I deal with out of Edmonton and they have been great to deal with should you decide to go that route. Now I know things can still happen but at least now they will deal with the fact that the cops will be called right away, alarms will be buzzing and video will be taken.

Good luck and take care!
So once again it comes down to the catch and release system being the problem. I know many people including myself who are tired of it.