Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-13-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody c View Post
Its nice to hear a "thanks" once in a while, that took me some time to write that up. On the other forum I just got comments about anything I may have forgotten:

Check if warranty will work the same in Canada
Do you know how, if at all, this would apply to importing bullets for reloading? There is a ton of 20 cal bullets down there that I would like to try but no one imports up here.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Do you know how, if at all, this would apply to importing bullets for reloading? There is a ton of 20 cal bullets down there that I would like to try but no one imports up here.
Basically the whole reason this thread exists, is that I found a really good price on a scope I wanted, and I called the retailer to ask if there was anyway they could get it to Canada. They said they could export it.

To answer your question more directly, I think you might have to call retailers in the US and ask if they can export. Also ask what shippers they use, if it's UPS google "UPS customs do have to pay".
Old 10-13-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody c View Post
Basically the whole reason this thread exists, is that I found a really good price on a scope I wanted, and I called the retailer to ask if there was anyway they could get it to Canada. They said they could export it.

To answer your question more directly, I think you might have to call retailers in the US and ask if they can export. Also ask what shippers they use, if it's UPS google "UPS customs do have to pay".
Yeah I've heard about UPS and customs charges....
Old 10-14-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
You can request a quote from people like Prophet River ot Irunguns, they have acquired bullets of various offbreeds over the years, Reloading International will ship here also. It won't be cheap though. You''l need to order a lot of bullets to make it worth your while.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
You can request a quote from people like Prophet River ot Irunguns, they have acquired bullets of various offbreeds over the years, Reloading International will ship here also. It won't be cheap though. You''l need to order a lot of bullets to make it worth your while.
Ah. Not good. Don't want to order lots if I don't know they work for me. oh well... thx
Old 02-11-2020, 04:09 PM

Thank you for taking the time to put all this information together. It is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-11-2020, 04:37 PM

Thanks for posting. I followed that exact same process when buying 2 scopes from THE OPTIC ZONE 10 years ago and it was a little leg work to save some money. I ordered a Nikon Scope and Burris Scope with free binoculars and saved myself a couple hundred dollars plus got a free pair of binoculars. I had helped a couple people do the same a short time after. I think this process has been the same and nothing has changed for many years. I hope the new changes make it even easier.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:24 AM

That procedure will work to get a scope up here, just be sure they don't charge for a permit to do it, that would be 250.00 US, at 2100 US that would put you in the 3200-3300 Cdn range with exchange and freight. As long as they don't have to charge you for a permit, that is probably a decent deal. The only other thing to watch for, is to check if Vortex is subject to any duties as they do use imported parts. May say assembled in USA on box, call to Canada Customs may be worthwhile, just in case. Vortex being a US company may qualify as no duty. That could blow it out of practicality.