Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 AM

Default Swift?

Evening gents

In your travels to the various shops in middle Alberta, has anyone seen a shop that has Swift bullets in stock? I'm looking in particular to test Swift A- Frame bullets in 8mm (.323) 220 preferred or 200 grain.

Searching for bullets of various makes these days is tough.. at Wholesale tonight I asked for Sierra GK SBTs, Nosler Accubonds, Barnes TSXes, Swift... anything... two kinds of powder... 4831 and 7828, and WLRM primers. All they had of all those was the Sierra GKs.

Shopping for this sport would be a LOT easier if stores would just list current stock on their websites... not the "wish lists" they show now. Even when you go to Wholesale, you have to guess at what they might have and keep asking till you run across a hit. Even at the store, they don't show current stock lists of bullets and powders.

But anyhow.. if anyone has seen stocks of Swift bullets for 8mm, drop a line here .. thanks.

-FL
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 AM

You heard of call before you dig, well now it's call before you shop. I give the gun desk a call and see if they have what I need in stock. I haven't seen any swift bullets at any of the smaller shops either, but barnes and noslers are in most of them. 8 mm is probably not on the big time seller list could be fun!!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:24 AM

Default re swift

Try Russell sports in Calgary. They carry Swift bullets, don't know if they have the ones you are looking for though. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:40 AM

Like mrwalley3 said, try Russell's, they list the Swift 8mm bullet in their catalouge as item # 256036 at $66.99 (2008 price). Give them a call at 403 258-0545