Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Etown.... how would you like it if the police did a big blitz on unauthorized handguns and made it protocol to stop anyone and stick there hand up your butt to check for small handguns?
If it saves just one life!!!
Don’t answer my question.

I love how you guys will go to great lengths to prove someone wrong, at the same time not bringing forth any other solutions, and overreaching.

People don’t go around with handguns up their butts. So there is no reason for the police to do that.

But people of all walks of life, still get behind the wheel, when they shouldn’t.

Are you ok with that?
Are you ok knowing that the guy beside you is probably impaired and could cause an accident injuring or killing someone?

People, are inherent liars, and will do anything and say anything when caught doing something they are not supposed to,
Then those same people trying to save face with their peers or family and will always embellish the facts of what really happened.
Instead of accepting their faults, they will always blame the system.
Because it’s easier to put blame elsewhere.
And chances are those same people keep going out and doing what they are not supposed to be doing, get caught and blame the system again.

And round and round it goes, because it’s a revolving door of a system.
Way way more goes on behind the scenes than myself and the majority of the public will ever know.

Personally I don’t think this legislation goes far enough to deter that behaviour.
And isn’t that sad?
That regardless of the punishment, regardless of the consequences, regardless of what police will do,
You will still have people will that false bravado and will still get behind that wheel.

And that my friend is way worse, than the new legislation.

Instead of fighting this legislation we should embrace it and demand that it goes further.
It was put together by a Liberal government.
Let’s see if the PCs will put more teeth into it.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I love how you guys will go to great lengths to prove someone wrong, at the same time not bringing forth any other solutions, and overreaching.

People don’t go around with handguns up their butts. So there is no reason for the police to do that.

But people of all walks of life, still get behind the wheel, when they shouldn’t.

Are you ok with that?
Are you ok knowing that the guy beside you is probably impaired and could cause an accident injuring or killing someone?

People, are inherent liars, and will do anything and say anything when caught doing something they are not supposed to,
Then those same people trying to save face with their peers or family and will always embellish the facts of what really happened.
And chances are those same people keep going out and doing what they are not supposed to be doing, get caught and blame the system again.

Way way more goes on behind the scenes than myself and the majority of the public will ever know.

Personally I don’t think this legislation goes far enough to deter that behaviour.
And isn’t that sad?
That regardless of the punishment, regardless of the consequences, regardless of what police will do,
You will still have people will that false bravado and will still get behind that wheel.

Instead of fighting this legislation we should embrace it and demand that it goes further.
I’m all for giving people impaired driving charges. But entering a home hours after your vindictive ex wife reports you driving drunk, (you were dead sober) and charging you with impaired driving is a bit much. Vehicle impoundment and legal fees are needed for an innocent man? No thx.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
You know, if we had REAL penalties for drunk driving we might make an impact. Slap on the wrist for killing somebody ? Stopping people at random is a waste of time and resources. In Germany , people don't dare drink cause it's gonna cost dearly and the limits are lower.

Grizz
But if we did we’d have the same people crying over it.
And most likely those crying the most are the ones that should live in fear of it.
I know I have enough common sense sober or otherwise to not even be near my vehicle while driving and can handle the influence well enough to actually not do it.
I wonder why they’re some people that just don’t get it.

All well it’s all good.
As long as people are stupid, and the government try’s to deal with it, we’ll still have those that’ll cry that they’re being to hard on the people.
And then those same people, whose lives get affected by someone making that decision to drive, will be clamouring that the police didn’t do enough and that they were failed somehow.

You can only please some of the people some of the time, the rest will always be ****ed off.

Such is life.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
I’m all for giving people impaired driving charges. But entering a home hours after your vindictive ex wife reports you driving drunk, (you were dead sober) and charging you with impaired driving is a bit much. Vehicle impoundment and legal fees are needed for an innocent man? No thx.
You would be surprised how often that actually happens.

Woman calling on the man and him getting arrested.

Was happening long before this legislation and before #Me too.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
You would be surprised how often that actually happens.

Woman calling on the man and him getting arrested.

Was happening long before this legislation and before #Me too.
So let’s add to this problem then....
Old 07-22-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
This has been discussed, there has to be grounds to enter ones home with-in two hours of driving impaired to charged the individual.

Calling in your ex is not grounds for the entry protocol...

Last edited by Sledhead71; 07-22-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
This has been discussed, there has to be grounds to enter ones home with-in two hours of driving impaired to charged the individual.

Calling in you ex is not grounds for the entry protocol...
Someone claiming that someone else is not grounds? What is grounds for entry?
Old 07-22-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Someone claiming that someone else is not grounds? What is grounds for entry?
A hit and run with a witness getting the licence plate would be grounds for officers to run the plate and visit the home of the accused. Accused shows impairment, a breathalyzer can be administered under the new legislation.

Before, well if you made it home there really wasn't much they could do unless you were dumb enough to admit it was you..
Old 07-22-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Are you ok with that?

And isn’t that sad?

If you outlaw alcohol, , and most people have no access, they can't drive drunk. If you really want to reduce impaired driving as much as possible, there is no solution that is more effective.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you outlaw alcohol, , and most people have no access, they can't drive drunk. If you really want to reduce impaired driving as much as possible, there is no solution that is more effective.
There is at least one that would be more effective .
Old 07-22-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
There is at least one that would be more effective .
So other than eliminating all motorized transportation,what might that be?
Old 07-22-2019, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
it doesn't matter.

if you choose to believe in the Bible, and Moses and the 10 Commandments, how many of those 10 are no longer valid.

Let's see.

You shall have no other Gods but me.
You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
Respect your father and mother.
You must not commit murder.
You must not commit adultery.
You must not steal.
You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

Now I know this is a fairytale, that these were handed down by a supreme being called 'God',
because you know, one word names were all the rage back then.
Like Moses.
So thats the tale right?
And these were to be followed or else feel the wrath of God, right?
Over 2000 years ago?
what became the blue print for the Magna Carta.

Yet every one of these continues to be broken until this day.
Puny humans disobeying the word of God and we expect a government to do better?
Can't even listen to a supreme being.
Maybe that "Forgiveness' crap needs to be looked at again.

If God existed, and was actually in control and stood before someone in 2019 and tried to hand down a revision of those laws, the people would lose their minds in exactly the same way as people do now when governments or police try to do their jobs.

No matter what we are still going to have the stupid people in the world.
And it's those people, not anyone in a uniform or political office who are a fault.
But we chose to have law and order, and we have the people in uniforms and political office to create and enforce those laws.
And they do what we want, and we get upset when they actually do it?
not saying they don't make mistakes, because your dam right they do.
But the people keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
So what are they supposed to do?

Last edited by ETOWNCANUCK; 07-22-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
it doesn't matter.

if you choose to believe in the Bible, and Moses and the 10 Commandments, how many of those 10 are no longer valid.

Let's see.

You shall have no other Gods but me.
You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
Respect your father and mother.
You must not commit murder.
You must not commit adultery.
You must not steal.
You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

Now I know this is a fairytale, that these were handed down by a supreme being called 'God',
because you know, one word names were all the rage back then.
Like Moses.
So thats the tale right?
And these were to be followed or else feel the wrath of God, right?
Over 2000 years ago?
what became the blue print for the Magna Carta.

Yet every one of these continues to be broken until this day.
Puny humans disobeying the word of God and we expect a government to do better?
Can't even listen to a supreme being.
Maybe that "Forgiveness' crap needs to be looked at again.

If God existed, and was actually in control and stood before someone in 2019 and tried to hand down a revision of those laws, the people would lose their minds in exactly the same way as people do now when governments or police try to do their jobs.

No matter what we are still going to have the stupid people in the world.
And it's those people, not anyone in a uniform or political office who are a fault.
But we chose to have law and order, and we have the people in uniforms and political office to create and enforce those laws.
And they do what we want, and we get upset when they actually do it?
not saying they don't make mistakes, because your dam right they do.
But the people keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
So what are they supposed to do?
You are missing the point entirely, if people don't have access to alcohol, they can't drink and drive. If there is no alcohol, the temptation is removed. It's like trying to start a fire without air, fuel or a source of ignition, it can't happen.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:05 PM

put blow boxes in all autos when being built in the factory problem solved . and all cars truck that have plates to have blow box installed
Old 07-22-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
put blow boxes in all autos when being built in the factory problem solved . and all cars truck that have plates to have blow box installed
Have they resolved the problem of the person driving not being the one providing the breath sample?
Old 07-22-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
That would reduce the problem, but every single motorized vehicle would have to be retrofitted, and it still doesn't stop someone else from blowing into the unit for the person.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
That would reduce the problem, but every single motorized vehicle would have to be retrofitted, and it still doesn't stop someone else from blowing into the unit for the person.
you are right you would not be able to stop them all
Old 07-22-2019, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
You are missing the point entirely, if people don't have access to alcohol, they can't drink and drive. If there is no alcohol, the temptation is removed. It's like trying to start a fire without air, fuel or a source of ignition, it can't happen.
And yet you would be one of the first to complain about losing your rights and how dare you do that.

The sky is falling, the police are too rough.
Canada is becoming a police state.

Give me a break.

That will never happen in Canada.

You know why?

Refugees would have no where’s to go.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
And yet you would be one of the first to complain about losing your rights and how dare you do that.

Give me a break.

You know why?

Your posts are becoming more and more irrational, to the point where perhaps you should seek out some professional help.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Your posts are becoming more and more irrational, to the point where perhaps you should seek out some professional help.
Bingo...

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 07-22-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:

Give me a break.

You know why?

I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this thread due to complaints received, which are obviously valid. You have made your point 100x over, and now have crossed over into trolling. I am not closing this thread, as it is a valuable discussion, but you are done on this thread. Your point has been made.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I’m not the one who worries about a police state.
And your posts where the only way you can justify your posts is to come up with more and more ridiculous what if’s.
And constantly bashing the police, when you have no knowledge except what you see on tv and in movies
Also in a discussion you will have different opinions other than your own.
I would think a man of advanced years as you say would have a better understanding of things.
But we all can’t know everything.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I’m not the one who worries about a police state.
And your posts where the only way you can justify your posts is to come up with more and more ridiculous what if’s.
And constantly bashing the police, when you have no knowledge except what you see on tv and in movies
Also in a discussion you will have different opinions other than your own.
I would think a man of advanced years as you say would have a better understanding of things.
But we all can’t know everything.
I understand enough to stop posting on a thread when a moderator warns me that I am done with that thread.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
THIS^^^^

I have one of those vindictive ex's. The power to be judge and jury roadside, really bothers me. Especially with a 2hr time frame. That's too far.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:05 PM

Last edited by bloopbloob; 07-22-2019 at 10:14 PM.