Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2019, 10:08 AM

Default Vortex Warranty Testimonial and Ranger 1800 review

I am always skeptical of warranties. I sent 2 rods into a certain company recently that had a "lifetime" warranty. Needless to say they copped out and I didn't get anything but a discount. Very disappointing.
Vortex is unreal. I had a very old set of crossfire 10x42 binos (cheapies) that I left on my tailgate and drove away. They were broken beyond repair. That was around 3 years ago. I also sent in my Viper HD 10x42's as I had lenses scratched and the eyecups were gummed up. Lastly I sent in a ranger 1000 that was having trouble ranging elk sub-400 yards. The specs advertised 500 yards on deer. I asked for replacements.
Ok to summarize: 2 sets of binos (both my fault) and 1 bad range finder.

Low and behold they REPLACED the Crossfires with brand new ones! They replaced my objective lenses on the Vipers and cleaned and lubed the eyecups. And not only did they replace the Ranger 1000, they sent out the Ranger 1800. They could have sent out a Ranger 1300 and held true to their word. But they sent out the 1800 which was unnecessary and well above and beyond. A $230 dollar retail difference!
Turnaround time: less than 2 weeks from when I shipped it! Wow!
I am so impressed with how they stand by their word!

I have had only a few moments with the ranger 1800. Freehand, I ranged a tree this am at 620 yards. Their new "single click" readings are way better than their old system. Ranging is quick, efficient and they certainly have come a long way. I was very serious about purchasing a Leica due to the underwhelming performance of the 1000, but have now totally changed my mind.

Credit to where credit is due: Vortex rocks- especially for the price point.

Last edited by wildwoods; 03-28-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:11 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2019, 10:16 AM

Default totally agree

I bought a rifle with a mounted crossifire II 1-4x24. In the right(or wrong) light, you could see a smear on an internal lens. I called them and sent it in. Turns out that that the tube was bent from over-torqueing the rings. Bent in a manner that I could not feel it when I removed the scope. The blemish wasn't even considered.

Abracadabra....new scope sent out.

I have 3 vortex optics and would buy a fourth if I needed one. VERY few things and companies do exactly what they say. Vortex has the bar set very, very high.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:40 PM

Just pulled a measurement of a mailbox at 1260 yards. Loving this ranger. I’ve had only a few mins with it so far.