Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-17-2009, 09:45 PM

Default Chipmunk rifle scope?

Trying to equip my boys chipmunk .22 rifle with bases and scope but having a hard time finding any Chipmunk/Crickett dealers in Alberta or Canada for that matter. Looks to be a special fitting base for the little starter rifle and Crickett does make a scope for them but in the good ol USA and not available to us Canadians. If anyone knows where I can get the set (Base-Scope) let me know, thanks.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 PM

Did you try to contact Crickett? You may not be able to get the scope up here if they don't have any dealers but they should be able to help you with the base and rings as all cricketts are drilled and taped. www.crickett.com These guys are crickett dealers

Arnie’s Guns & Archery

102A-14 Street East
Prince Albert SK, S6V 8G1

Phone (306) 922-7292

info@arniesguns.com

Last edited by NoKlu; 09-17-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:19 AM

Default Chipmunk

The reason why I was looking for a local dealer was because I was under the impression us Canadians could not order scopes and firearms accessories from the US but after talking with the folks at Crickett it looks like we could...from there anyway. So problem solved. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

Hooked,,

I know this is really none of my business but could I offer a suggestion or rather an opinion.. Why scope out such a gun ?? The main reason for getting the kids such guns is to teach them the basics of shooting and really just to help them enjoy the game. Shooting with open sites is the start of it. If it were up to me and I have done this with all 3 of my boys I keep their 22's strictly open sights. I really feel this is the best way to go. Again it teaches them to shoot. Anyone can shoot through a scope let them learn how to really shoot.

Sorry but just thought I would throw this in..
Old 09-22-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
Hooked,,

I know this is really none of my business but could I offer a suggestion or rather an opinion.. Why scope out such a gun ?? The main reason for getting the kids such guns is to teach them the basics of shooting and really just to help them enjoy the game. Shooting with open sites is the start of it. If it were up to me and I have done this with all 3 of my boys I keep their 22's strictly open sights. I really feel this is the best way to go. Again it teaches them to shoot. Anyone can shoot through a scope let them learn how to really shoot.

Sorry but just thought I would throw this in..
I'm with Walleyes, thats how I learned when I was young, it gives a little different feel to shooting instead of crosshairs. Don't want to say that one way is better than another but its nice to know both.