Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2011, 10:18 PM

That's great! Sooo, we can expect a new member in Mr. Korth?
I have some questions to ask him that I'm sure others are wondering about as well!
Cat
Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 PM

I hope so!
He is a very nice guy on the phone, patient and understanding, willing and interested in making things right.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 AM

The scope came back looking like new, thanks again.

I hope they join the forum

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-21-2011, 11:33 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I hope so!
He is a very nice guy on the phone, patient and understanding, willing and interested in making things right.
He's just like that in person too
Old 11-21-2011, 11:38 AM

Wow, great resolution. As he said, everyone has their off days.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Glad it all worked out in the end. Kudo's to Mr. Korth for the call.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Thank goodness!!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:23 PM

Excellent resolution.

I'm sure I've spoken to the same lady on the phone, and she was very pleasant and helpful. I guess we all have bad days.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:33 PM

Good to hear Ken. I wish that would have happened with my rangefinder.....now it is gone of course, lost it and a few other goodies on my utility belt this season when I almost took an eye out with a branch walking into my stand before light, but still. Glad to see they are so proactive in resolving issues like this.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-26-2019, 02:11 PM

Default Korth group - Leupold warranty service

Wow! It's hard to believe that so many people have had so much trouble getting warranty work for their Leupold products. My experience has been nothing but exemplary.
I bought my first Leupold scope almost 40 years ago. About 16 years ago I fell and my rifle landed on the rear of the scope. I re-zeroed and hunted several more years before I realized that I couldn't get tight groups anymore. I took it in for repair and after a few weeks I went to pick it up. They had sent me a brand new VX-III because the old one was not repairable.
Last year I picked up a Ventana spotting scope at a garage sale for next to nothing. At the range last fall it fell off the table and broke in two. That's when I noticed a crude repair (hot glue in the seam). I took the spotting scope to Korth in Okotoks. I told the nice lady that I had lost one of the turret caps on my VX-III. She said that this was fairly common and that she would throw in a couple when they sent my spotting scope back.
Long story but I got a brand new Ventana spotting scope back in the mail in just 5 days, and there was 2 caps in the box!
I personally have zero regrets from buying Leupold products!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightgroups56 View Post
Wow! It's hard to believe that so many people have had so much trouble getting warranty work for their Leupold products. My experience has been nothing but exemplary.
I bought my first Leupold scope almost 40 years ago. About 16 years ago I fell and my rifle landed on the rear of the scope. I re-zeroed and hunted several more years before I realized that I couldn't get tight groups anymore. I took it in for repair and after a few weeks I went to pick it up. They had sent me a brand new VX-III because the old one was not repairable.
Last year I picked up a Ventana spotting scope at a garage sale for next to nothing. At the range last fall it fell off the table and broke in two. That's when I noticed a crude repair (hot glue in the seam). I took the spotting scope to Korth in Okotoks. I told the nice lady that I had lost one of the turret caps on my VX-III. She said that this was fairly common and that she would throw in a couple when they sent my spotting scope back.
Long story but I got a brand new Ventana spotting scope back in the mail in just 5 days, and there was 2 caps in the box!

It’s an 8 year old thread.......
A lot can change in that time.

There are no absolutes
Old 02-26-2019, 02:58 PM

Have had several leupolds & only one had a problem. Didn't call. Sent it with a note & a few days later it was back fixed. Some people hate them but not me. Some like Vortex, I happen to think they are not great. Chevy, Ford, Ram. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Banned

I'm absoulutely positive that the outcome would have been the same without this post or phone call.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
So many people?

Were there 6 in the thread that had issues?

Also- just reread- you bought a scope at a garage sale for next to nothing, then Korth gave you a brand new one? What did you say when they asked for a receipt? Or did they?

Princess auto stopped selling used items for this very reason, people would buy them for peanuts then take them back for full credit or refund.

That's just ugly.

Barry...... is this you? Are you back?

Old 02-26-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
No worries. Everyone who worked there back in the days when this thread was started has died of old age. I hear the new generation is way better to deal with
Old 02-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
snip!
Hmm I smell a shill
Old 02-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
No worries. Everyone who worked there back in the days when this thread was started has died of old age. I hear the new generation is way better to deal with
Such a smart ass.. LOLOLOL

Thats some good stuff.

I have dealt with Korth over the years, My family has dealt with Korth, my friends have dealt with Korth. Never a issue always perfect, always over the top from my expectations.

I cant see myself buying anything glass related that isn't a Leupold.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:06 PM

I have sent Several scopes to Kroth most with excellent results. However I did send in an old Alaskan scope ( 7/8") actual fairly rare and fairly valuable... well some monkey, I guess never heard or knew about them and decided to polish 1' x 2.5" patch to better see the lettering etc.... did not add any value to the scope... But I guess every company can have a screw up...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:52 PM

Dang glad I have better service than that! I sent a leupold back directly to oregon and about 10-14 days later got it back packaged in the same package I sent it in. It even included a whole write up of what they fixed and other things they cleaned and readjusted despite me not even asking for it. Honestly I didn’t even know some of the other things were out of spec.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Banned

Sent my scope in for repair. Had a stiff adjustment knob. Recieved back in about 7 days. It still had a stiff adjustment knob. Sold all my leupolds and replaced with better quality.