Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-16-2018, 03:08 PM

Default In and around Calgary. Looking for newbie or veteran hunting partner

Greetings all,

I am new to hunting but have all my required gear and documents save for tags. Looking to hunt whitetail in WMU 412 Ghost on my own, but interested in hooking up with someone else to hunt anything big game in the area. Newbie or veteran alike, shoot me a PM and we can talk!!

Hope to hear from you!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:08 AM

Default Veteran father, rookie hunter.

I'm in the Calgary area. I'm 44 and a father of four.

My 15 year old son wanted to start hunting last year so I said sure and I decided to get into it as well.

We have only been out a couple times for deer, ducks and grouse. Only success with grouse up to this point. (Oddly enough it was my 17 year old daughter who hit the bag limit on grouse and not my son and I)

I have probably read a dozen books on hunting over the last year. Watched a lot of Youtube video on hunting and some programs on the hunting channel. My problem is its only head knowledge and I haven't been able to put much of it into practice yet. So I'm hoping there is someone out there who is looking for a couple rookie hunting partners on whom they are willing to take under their wing and help us learn. It doesn't matter if you are aged 19 or 90 to me. We want to be a sponge and soak up as much of your experience as possible.

We are happy to hunt big game (rifle), water fowl and upland birds. Even rabbit hunting is welcomed option for us.

You can PM, call or text me at 4o3 613 3253.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:43 AM

Hello everyone,
I have recently moved to fort Mc Murray from Newfoundland. I have a fair amount of hunt experience. But I have none in this province. I’ve bow hunted black bear and white tail. Looking for some expertise of the area and a good hunting buddy. Like to get some meat for the freezer. Any other bow hunters out there wanna get together chat. I’m willing to travel 4 hours. I’m working 6 on and 6 off.

I’m 36years old and retired military.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2018, 03:00 PM

Default New Post

I am a younger hunter. I first gained the desire to hunt at a young age when I learned how to clean my grandfathers 22. L Winchester. Joke was on me. I never was taken out hunting by my own father even. Now I'm 31 and haven't been on very many hunts. Last year I had the opportunity to go with a group for white tail and one of the guys was a close friend or so I thought. His boss at the very last minute decided that he didn't want to take any new hunters with him (which my friend was a new hunter whom I introduced to the activity). This nearly soiled hunting for me. So... Rant over.

As I said I'm fairly new to hunting I have been out to track black bear and grizzly on a friends farm as they had some cows killed. Shot some beaver on same farm two summers ago. i would love to be able to go hunting with another group or even one on one. I would even be willing to come and just observe not even have to make a kill the first time out. But that would be awesome. I believe the conservation efforts are so very important to our province to maintain a healthy hunting experience and healthy animal wild life. I have been soaking up as much info from acquaintances and pouring over HOURS of YouTube videos.

Obviously i have my PAL and Hunters Safety courses
I shoot a Mossberg 30-06
I have my Grandfathers 22L Winchester (jokes on him I own it now)
I have had fair amount of practice target and skeet shooting as well

Want to meet Prior to going out, coffee or beer.

Willing to travel up to 3 hours from Edmonton.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:01 PM

Default Looking for CAF Military Veterans to hunt with

I am looking to team up with any former CAF Military Vets to do some Whitetail and/or Elk hunting. I am fully geared for day hunting and camp; although, do not own an ATV. I am also respectfully looking/hoping for permission to hunt Whitetails on private land. I have decades of safe firearms handling and hunting experience.I reside in the Edmonton region. Cheers.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:41 PM

Default Does in 102

looking for someone to hunt 102 with for mule does
Old 11-03-2018, 08:11 PM

Default anybody in 232/234?

HI, my name is Brandon, recently moved too Alberta and my only coworker who is interested in hunting doesn't have his hunter safety yet.
28, reasonably fit, i like to shoot things and eat them.
not a big trophy hunter, i like to put meat in the freezer and spend time outside.
that being said gophers and coyotes are a great time.
this is my first year going after waterfowl, with next too none of the standard equipment (aside from a shotgun and a box of #3steel, i had boots and a camo jacket), i have been hunting small ponds on flyways and shoot birds over land, it is a great time but i haven't exactly been limiting out.
i like to spot/stalk for deer, road hunting is ok, but tree stands are so bloody boring i spend most of the day asleep.
sometimes i just like to walk around with a rifle and see if something jumps out
will be going for whitetail in 234 this week
i also REAALLY like guns.

live in wainwright, bit of a hick. have a wife who hunts, kids are too young, but that doesn't stop us from sitting in the bush and calling coyotes as a family.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:26 PM

24 y/o male looking to hunt grouse or rabbits with anybody. Got guns, ammo and a little bit of experience. Posting out of Southwest Calgary. Please shoot me a message if you’re willing to link up. I’m a quick learner and I am down with the bull****. I will walk all day if I gotta. Cheers.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:41 AM

I know it's kind of last minute, but my bro is burned out and can't go with me now.

I'm 37, have a professional career, play lots of hockey every week and recently took up hunting. I'd like to think I'm a good shot, and compete in pistol/rifle shooting during the spring/summer/fall. I hike in everywhere, no quads or horses, but I have a pickup. I have a gambrel and hoist setup for hanging game, but not much for hauling it out. Typically will do gutless method or drag it out once gutted for processing.

I am heading out tomorrow morning for a hunt/scout south of Calgary. This is my third year hunting and am trying to fill the freezer with late season elk. I also have a WT tag. I only hunt public/crown land since I don't have much access to private land.

If anyone is up for going, or even cool with being on call to help with hauling it out if I get one then definitely let me know. More than happy to share the meat.

I'm planning on going next Saturday as well if I don't get anything this weekend.
PM or call/text me at 403-703-6105
Old 11-27-2018, 12:56 PM

Anyone with a late season bull elk tag in 300?

My tag ends dec 24. I have the permission to hunt and resources to retrieve an animal. Having an extra set of hands would be good.

PM
Old 12-16-2018, 01:30 AM

Default Looking for bow hunting buddies!

I am a 38 yr old family man. Married with a 6 year old. I live in Edmonton but work in Fort Mac. 6 on 6 off. I have been bow hunting for 3 years now and have had the opportunity to harvest a bull moose, whitetail buck and 2 mule deer bucks on general tags. I am looking for a fellow outdoorsman or two that share the same passion for the sport. People who enjoy camping, fishing, quading .... it be a bonus if you have a family as well.

I am hoping to bait bears and this spring and get an elusive elk as well in the fall. You don’t have to be from Edmonton. I would be ok with friends from different areas. I love scouting and exploring new areas. It would give me reason to bring my family camping in new areas.

If you feel like chatting give me a pm.

Now I look around and wonder if I like them!
Old 12-16-2018, 02:59 PM

44 years old. Professional living in Calgary. Grew up hunting on a farm in Saskatchewan. Getting back in the game after many years. I'm looking to hunt a bit in the grouse woods yet this year with snow geese in the spring. I'm thinking of getting out to Milk River & east for cottontails soon as well.

I have a young golden retriever pup I'm training.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:37 PM

Default hunting partner

hunting partner
Darrell from lac la biche. im 52 and love hunting ,fishing,and camping
looking for a partner ruffly same age to join me. can help with deer,moose and bear but looking for someone that brings that brings there own area to the table so to speak.
lots of guys want to hunt with me but it is a one way street you know what i mean anyway send me a pm we can talk and see what happens
Old 01-09-2019, 01:49 PM

Default hunting partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Edm View Post
I am a 38 yr old family man. Married with a 6 year old. I live in Edmonton but work in Fort Mac. 6 on 6 off. I have been bow hunting for 3 years now and have had the opportunity to harvest a bull moose, whitetail buck and 2 mule deer bucks on general tags. I am looking for a fellow outdoorsman or two that share the same passion for the sport. People who enjoy camping, fishing, quading .... it be a bonus if you have a family as well.

I am hoping to bait bears and this spring and get an elusive elk as well in the fall. You don’t have to be from Edmonton. I would be ok with friends from different areas. I love scouting and exploring new areas. It would give me reason to bring my family camping in new areas.

If you feel like chatting give me a pm.
Hey i saw you post looning i am 37 family man with 4 boys under 9 recently got myboth pals and hunting license looking for a local parnter to show me the ropes for hunting i also like fish and camp and off roading
Old 01-23-2019, 10:29 AM

Default coyote hunting

Hi guys , i am relly anxious to hunt coyotes, but my wife really doesn't like me going alone, so santa brought me a lucky duck predator call with 300 yard range with the jack rabbit fur that swirls, now all i need is someone open to taking me, i have lots of guns and ammo , just need someone who love the out doors like me and is open to having me for a partner, i live in South East Calgary, so the closer the better , but don't mind 60 min drive.thanks eagerly awaiting with my riffle in my hands.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:54 PM

Default Spring Black Bear Hunting Calgary

Hello y'all. My name is Antonio, play sports and am always activitie and have recently found that I have a passion for hunting.

I live in Calgary and am looking to learn how to hunt spring black bears. I am willing to travel, put in the labor, and do not need to pull the trigger. Although I would be happy to pull the trigger. I am looking to hunt for meat to put in the freezer. But am happy to go out and learn.

Open to traveling up to 3 hours, my goal is to learn and help you pack your bear out so I can eventually do iy on my own. Shoot me a message if you are interested in having me help share the load.

Regards,

Antonio
Old 02-05-2019, 02:45 PM

Default new to hunting looking for partner

I am Jay live in edmotnon area i am new to hunt recently obtained my PAL and hunting license and i am looking for a partner to show me the rope as per say i am interested in deer elk moose bare and water fow i do drive and willing to travel send me a PM and lets chat
Old 02-18-2019, 04:06 PM

Looking for scouting/ hunting partner Im 30 and received PAL late last November so spent last year hunting grouse and had a great season. Like to get out for geese, coyote, spring bear, rabbit and in doing so log some scouting hours for next season. Give me a shout if you want to get out for rabbit and talk about the upcoming snow goose season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2019, 06:18 PM

37/male living deep s.e in calgary.
Looking for a buddy to get out scouting for next big game season and spring bear. Looking for someone to go fishing with as well . and someone to just go and have a beer with as well. I shoot rifle and bow and someone to go the range with would be awesome as well. I have a bit of access permision to the south , but want to get more elsewhere.
I have a german shorthair pointer thats trained for birds and a machine out hunting.

Pm me if interested
Old 04-03-2019, 12:18 AM

hello i am a 28yr old first time hunter and am looking for someone willing tutor me in the finer points of hunting. i am easy going dont smoke or drink but am not someone inclined to deny your your own right to partake of them if thats your choice. I learn fast and am willing to do the lions share of the work that needs done. i have my own hunting and camping tools and supplies and a pickup to use as well if you dont..
thank you in advance to all who red this and to any who answer my plea for help
Old 04-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exskibum View Post
hello i am a 28yr old first time hunter and am looking for someone willing tutor me in the finer points of hunting. i am easy going dont smoke or drink but am not someone inclined to deny your your own right to partake of them if thats your choice. I learn fast and am willing to do the lions share of the work that needs done. i have my own hunting and camping tools and supplies and a pickup to use as well if you dont..
thank you in advance to all who red this and to any who answer my plea for help
People will need to know the area you live in or wont commit to help out, If your in Calgary then someone from Fort Mac wont offer too far
Old 04-06-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
People will need to know the area you live in or wont commit to help out, If your in Calgary then someone from Fort Mac wont offer too far
oh sorry thanks man i am located in calgary
Old 04-09-2019, 11:29 PM

Default Hunting partner and target shooting, CALGARY

Hey there, im 42yrs old male from Calgary, i am a new hunter, upcoming season is my second hunting season, first season was kinda go out and see whats hunting sports like.. so it was fun. Passed three white tails doe's small, over the hill and more than 400yrds away.. i also like target shooting too... either one, if you new or experienced hunter, and looking for daily trip to hunt weekends let me know... yeah, i am one of those weekend warriors, full time employees things, you know, just like every one of us...
Old 04-12-2019, 10:08 PM

Default Any good hunting guides near Edmonton?

Hello! I'm not only new to the forums but also to hunting. I got both my gun and hunting licenses this year but I haven't had any practice with guns so I'm not looking for a hunting partner immediately, just writing to ask how it works. Does anyone know of hunting guides that don't cost a fortune but also provide everything needed for hunting other than the guns? My current employment status is student so ya know...something cheap is appreciated. I have no hunting gear at all. Not even clothing or accessories. I just want to try the experience before I invest in anything in case I don't enjoy it as much as I think I will. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 04-13-2019, 08:19 AM

Default Who's looking for a Hunting Partner ???

Sorry wrong thread.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Default Predator hunting

Returning to the UK in 2020 summer. Would like to learn and hunt if I am lucky wolf or bear. Hunted deer on farmland and fox and rabbit in the UK.
Last chance for me to have a truly Canadian experience before I go and would love the furs as a momento, never eaten bear and would hate the meat to go to waste if it wasn't to my taste so free meat for any predator hunters who need a hand lumping gear around the bush. Calgary area willing to travel as far as red deer.
Wil be around in fall looking for does if your out for bear then too. Then spring 2020 and gone after that. 30.30 marlin owner. I have docs and licenses.

Cheers

P.s pm for details
Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Arrow Looking for a hunting partner Male or Female .

I'm in Calgary area and I'm looking for partner to hunt, big and small hunt and fowl is welcome as well.
I'm 37 and have family, work in oil 15 with 6 , prefer day or weekend hunt but I'm open for trip as well , I hone have camper or ATV yet.
While thinks it my be interested you can give me a shout @ 4 zero 3 nine 0 nine 0 three 5 nine.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:03 PM

Smile Looking for a hunting partner/mentor (Calgary)

Hi,

My name is Justin, I'm in my early twenties and have been interested in hunting for quite a while. Finally bit the bullet and sent in my PAL application and completed my hunter's ed. I am located on the NW of Calgary.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to take me under their wing and teach me the ropes. I am open to any kind of hunt, recce/scouting, target shooting or chilling out with a beer or two.

I had two years of experience in the military so I can read a map if that helps. If anyone is interested in helping a new hunter out, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-07-2019, 06:22 PM

Default Nick from Calgary

Hi! Looking to hunt on Friday and Saturday night. beginner with an ambition! Nick from Calgary.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:17 AM

Hey Guys, the wife is getting posted to Wainwright this summer. I'm 29yo structural engineer, fit, love to hunt and fish. I grew up a fisherman, but recently got into hunting. I'm pretty well equipped, riffle for big game and 22 for small game, pack and kit for longer trips. Looking into getting a shotgun to start water fowl hunting this year.

Mostly looking for a partner to teach me some waterfowl hunting and also go out for white tail and maybe bear in the spring. I'm smart, catch on quickly and am passionate about hunting.

I'm also into exploring and glassing for potential hunting spots.