Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Well there's multiple posters on this thread but only 3 that seem to think the 6.5 is gospel. Your one of them so I guess you can take your ball and go home because the majority don't believe in the bs you're trying to push or you can accept the fact that your beloved creedmore is no different then any other gun. It is more then likely a fad imo.
You only hear or see what you want to see. All I’ve done is post facts on ballistics, take from it what you want, but you’re obviously misleading yourself if you think I ever said the 6.5 is godpel, or even my favorite because I’ve made it quite clear, and stated numerous times that I prefer a .284 bullet. You, salavee, marky, nyksta, and xbolt make it your mission to try and discredit the Creedmoor no matter what is said, constantly taking things out of context to try and manipulate the conversation. I’ve never made claim or posted anything that wasn’t fact, if so show me where and prove it’s not fact. I’ve listen to your “ya buts” over and over, I’ve tried to explain that there is a time and a place for every cartridge, explained that the amount of force needed to kill a big game animal is easily exceeded by the Creedmoor if you stay within the limits. You’re the one taking offense to the notion that a 6.5 Creedmoor is a capable big game cartridge, calling it a needmore, remember that nonsense? Lol!!!

My view has never wavered or altered on the subject, yours has. I stated facts, whether you like them or agree with them is of no consequence. You were proved wrong when Stinky killed a moose with a Grendel. Oh, he took 2 shots to the body and one to the head to put it down? Your partner marky took two shots to put down his moose with a magnum, my buddy took 3 shots with a 300 mag to put down his elk, it all backs up my arguement from day one, if it has enough power to allow the bullet to preform as designed, and you put it where it’s supposed to go, you’ll be successful. That’s all I’ve ever said, but it’s enough to ruffle the feathers of a choice few, you included.

Go back to day one, I explained how a 6.5 Creedmoor is capable of retaining enough speed and energy to allow a bullet to work as designed further out than a 308 and posted the published numbers to prove it and the hurt feelings all started there.

It doesn’t matter if you beleive the bs I’m pushing, it’s fact. If you can prove the facts wrong I’d love to hear about it.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You only hear or see what you want to see. All I’ve done is post facts on ballistics, take from it what you want, but you’re obviously misleading yourself if you think I ever said the 6.5 is godpel, or even my favorite because I’ve made it quite clear, and stated numerous times that I prefer a .284 bullet. You, salavee, marky, nyksta, and xbolt make it your mission to try and discredit the Creedmoor no matter what is said, constantly taking things out of context to try and manipulate the conversation. I’ve never made claim or posted anything that wasn’t fact, if so show me where and prove it’s not fact. I’ve listen to your “ya buts” over and over, I’ve tried to explain that there is a time and a place for every cartridge, explained that the amount of force needed to kill a big game animal is easily exceeded by the Creedmoor if you stay within the limits. You’re the one taking offense to the notion that a 6.5 Creedmoor is a capable big game cartridge, calling it a needmore, remember that nonsense? Lol!!!

My view has never wavered or altered on the subject, yours has. I stated facts, whether you like them or agree with them is of no consequence. You were proved wrong when Stinky killed a moose with a Grendel. Oh, he took 2 shots to the body and one to the head to put it down? Your partner marky took two shots to put down his moose with a magnum, my buddy took 3 shots with a 300 mag to put down his elk, it all backs up my arguement from day one, if it has enough power to allow the bullet to preform as designed, and you put it where it’s supposed to go, you’ll be successful. That’s all I’ve ever said, but it’s enough to ruffle the feathers of a choice few, you included.

Go back to day one, I explained how a 6.5 Creedmoor is capable of retaining enough speed and energy to allow a bullet to work as designed further out than a 308 and posted the published numbers to prove it and the hurt feelings all started there.

It doesn’t matter if you beleive the bs I’m pushing, it’s fact. If you can prove the facts wrong I’d love to hear about it.
Feathers aren't ruffled at all you seem to be the one that is on the defensive not me. Personally I could careless about discrediting your facts about the 6.5 cm. All the facts prove to me is that it won't do the job any better then anything I've got in my gun safe and actually might be a worse choice then most of what I got in my arsenal.

Maybe I'm taking your posts out of context.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
you seem to be the one that is on the defensive not me.

Maybe I'm taking your posts out of context.

Of course I am, and for this reason. You, along with the rest of your crew make it so.

You think there is a group of 3, me included trying to sell you bs, I can’t speak for the other two guys you have in mind, but I’m only trying to explain the facts. There seems to be a lot of other fellas here that aren’t having a hard time seeing that, whether they like a Creedmoor or not. I’m not trying to say the Creedmoor has more hitting power than a 300win mag, or the 6.5’s in general have more hitting power than the 30’s, I’m saying they are more efficient at transferring the power down range though. That’s just a fact.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Of course I am, and for this reason. You, along with the rest of your crew make it so.

You think there is a group of 3, me included trying to sell you bs, I can’t speak for the other two guys you have in mind, but I’m only trying to explain the facts. There seems to be a lot of other fellas here that aren’t having a hard time seeing that, whether they like a Creedmoor or not. I’m not trying to say the Creedmoor has more hitting power than a 300win mag, or the 6.5’s in general have more hitting power than the 30’s, I’m saying they are more efficient at transferring the power down range though. That’s just a fact.
Of course they're more efficient. Why? Because they're transferring less power. A 22 short is more efficient for chucking lead down range but not the most practicle for some applications.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Of course they're more efficient. Why? Because they're transferring less power. A 22 short is more efficient for chucking lead down range but not the most practicle for some applications.
Wrong, it’s about ballistics, they are capable of retaining more energy. This is why we are arguing.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wrong, it’s about ballistics, they are capable of retaining more energy. This is why we are arguing.
When bc and FPS are being compared I would agree we are talking ballistics
Once sd and FPS are being compared I believe we are talking terminal performance
It’s a much more difficult to predict terminal performance based off of a handful of data
Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41thunder View Post
When bc and FPS are being compared I would agree we are talking ballistics
Once sd and FPS are being compared I believe we are talking terminal performance
It’s a much more difficult to predict terminal performance based off of a handful of data
It’s pretty clear when the manufacturer lists the bullets performance range right on the box!
Old 12-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Banned

No one said 6.5 calibers were garbage. There is just cartridges that offer the same accuracy if not better and more velocity. I like velocity. Common trend is to want the bullet on the hide on the opposing side. I prefer 2 big holes and that bullet 2 counties over. Is it excess? Quite possibly. Does it make it wrong? Not in my books. I prefer “really dead” over “sorta dead” every time.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
No one said 6.5 calibers were garbage. There is just cartridges that offer the same accuracy if not better and more velocity. I like velocity. Common trend is to want the bullet on the hide on the opposing side. I prefer 2 big holes and that bullet 2 counties over. Is it excess? Quite possibly. Does it make it wrong? Not in my books. I prefer “really dead” over “sorta dead” every time.

Cool.......

Got any pics?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Cool.......

Got any pics?
What would you like pics of?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
What would you like pics of?
You
Old 12-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
You
Sorry I’m not on grinder. Not looking for a date
Old 12-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry I’m not on grinder. Not looking for a date
Ya, riiiight......

Call you out and you deflect, call me out and I’ll show up. That’s about all we need to put this to rest marky.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hey now,,i clearly said i have no problem with CM, its you, so dont blame the cartridge. Everything you write could be sent straight back at you. You only see what you want, you only make up things, you only ruffle feathers, it doesnt matter what you believe. Your only here cause trouble, constantly taking things out of context, manipulating conversations. These are thing taken from just your last post, there’s dozens more. You also started three different threads knowing everyone would get the same reaction, but you did it anyway Man, you do everyone of those things all the time. It’s not the cartridge people dont like!

Last edited by Xbolt7mm; 12-07-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Hey now,,i clearly said i have no problem with CM, its you
The feeling is mutual.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Hey now,,i clearly said i have no problem with CM, its you, so dont blame the cartridge. Everything you write could be sent straight back at you. You only see what you want, you only make up things, you only ruffle feathers, it doesnt matter what you believe. Your only here cause trouble, constantly taking things out of context, manipulating conversations. These are thing taken from just your last post, there’s dozens more. You also started three different threads knowing everyone would get the same reaction, but you did it anyway Man, you do everyone of those things all the time. It’s not the cartridge people dont like!
Bingo! There you are, only here to instigate.

I’ll ask you to quote one thing I made up

I’ll ask you to quote where I was told something that was a fact but denied it

I’ll ask you to quote where I ruffle feathers by saying something that wasn’t true

I’ll ask you to quote where I took things out of context to manipulate the conversation

I’ll ask you to quote what 3 threads I started to get the same reaction

And what will you do?

Deflect and not be able to answer any one of my questions. Why? Because I hurt your feelings!

Instead of cryin and trying to pick fights, come up with some useful information to bring to the thread.

From the pm’s I’ve been getting, I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by Kurt505; 12-07-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bingo! There you are, only here to instigate.

Instigate, you actually named me in that thread

I’ll ask you to quote one thing I made up

Post 164, all of it

I’ll ask you to quote where I was told something that was a fact but denied it

Again post 164

I’ll ask you to quote where I ruffle feathers by saying something that wasn’t true

Again post 164

I’ll ask you to quote where I took things out of context to manipulate the conversation

Again

I’ll ask you to quote what 3 threads I started to get the same reaction

You are correct on this one, I am guilty of reading the post and not looking at the name and confusing you with Stinky, Ill own that

And what will you do?

Deflect and not be able to answer any one of my questions. Why? Because I hurt your feelings!

No hurt feelings here Kurt, no deflection either

Instead of cryin and trying to pick fights, come up with some useful information to bring to the thread.

No crying either Kurt and if responding to a post that you actually named me in is picking a fight then I suggest you look at that post again, im responding not starting

From the pm’s I’ve been getting, I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Post the Pm’s

Kurt I only posted using your EXACT words from that post hoping you would actually see that you do the exact things to others that you accused, by name, of doing, They are your words, nothing made up by me or mis interpreted in any way. Sure things could have been not said by lots of people but your as guilty or more than many of them. I responded to a post you brought me into by naming me and then im accused of starting the fight.
Closed Thread