Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 PM

Question WMU 314 Camping Questions

Just wondering if anyone has an suggestions on some decent places to pull my trailer into for some hunting this coming season. Hoping to fill my supplementals. It's a 19ft trailer with flipped axles so I do have some ground clearance for off-road but not a ton. My truck is 4x4.

Not looking for your hunting spots, I've done a bit of exploring already, just looking for suggestions on where to set up camp on crown land in WMU 314.

If you don't want it public, and don't mind sharing I'd appreciate a pm.

Thx guys
Old 09-11-2009, 08:53 PM

314 is mostly private land. Some crown around the southern end of the zone but there's also a reserve there and I think you have to go through it to get to the crown land.

If it's WT your after, try 316....way better access. No supp tags there though.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Good point. We might try camping in 316 and do some hunting in 314. (Pending permission of course)

I've had a bit of a letdown. Unfortunately my main hunting buddy has kind of of backed out some for this year. (can't get time off work etc.) We'll still be getting out a fair amount, but the 4 or 5 day trip I was really hoping to go on won't happen unless I figure out some other options.

I'm just wanting to get out and spend more than a day at a time out in the bush. We have permission in 308 and will be going for my general elk (doubtful I'll fill it, but worth a shot) and general whitetail tags (filled it lastyear) there, just looking for other options as well, so I'm open for any suggestions really.

I'd buy another general mulie tag if I knew where to go, and I'd like to fill my supplementals, thus the potential foray into 314. Hoping to have the freezer full if I can!

I should add that this is my second season hunting, so I'm only now getting familiar with WMU's and places to go.

Next year should have some draws as a three year priority, but this year is all generals....
Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 PM

316 is open to general mulie. Go up bible camp road and hunt around cow lake. Last one I got in there was a 2x2, not big but makes good sausage.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:37 PM

I'll check that out Tuc, thank you, I appreciate the tip.

I'm also going to be heading to maptown and stocking up on a bunch of maps for reference.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I'm also going to be heading to maptown and stocking up on a bunch of maps for reference.
Hey Albert, ask them if they have any topo's for 402, how old they are and price....let us know.
thanx!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuc View Post
Hey Albert, ask them if they have any topo's for 402, how old they are and price....let us know.
thanx!
Will do. Probably head there Monday or Tuesday.