Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
Be careful who you call "citiot" fella, I'd wager my family owns farms/ranches more acres than you do...in 2 Provinces actually.
I could care less...
Old 11-10-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
So your saying that the lease holders are the ones who are going to lose... Very interesting!!! My bet is still on the ones who think it's they're god given right to go wherever they want at they're own pleasure. Seems to me that the cattle industry is a major drive to our economy in Alberta, but I could be wrong.

Interested in who you refer to when mentioning God given rights? I assume it's not people who ask permission ahead of time per the legal route and are stating that here?

You just mean the ones that enter without asking correct?

Maybe you're saying you just don't want to share your lease either way?
Old 11-10-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
I could care less...
Hahaha well isn't that convenient...you sure seemed to care a few minutes ago when you referred to all of us as "citiots".
Old 11-10-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
hahaha well isn't that convenient...you sure seemed to care a few minutes ago when you referred to all of us as "citiots".
lol
Old 11-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hahaha well isn't that convenient...you sure seemed to care a few minutes ago when you referred to all of us as "citiots".
Nope, didn’t care then either, just saying it like it is.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Nope, didn’t care then either, just saying it like it is.
It might not be good practice to stereotype hundreds of thousands of people the way you did but hey if nothing else you've revealed what type of person you are...take great care of yourself handsome and God bless.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
It might not be good practice to stereotype hundreds of thousands of people the way you did but hey if nothing else you've revealed what type of person you are...take great care of yourself handsome and God bless.
I was only responding to your “Lots or entitled land renters” comment in the exact same way. Get it? So you’re saying you and I are alike? LOL
Old 11-10-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I was only responding to your “Lots or entitled land renters” comment in the exact same way. Get it? So you’re saying you and I are alike? LOL
*of
Old 11-10-2018, 04:23 PM

Ibtl!!!
Old 11-10-2018, 04:25 PM

Old 11-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Interested in who you refer to when mentioning God given rights? I assume it's not people who ask permission ahead of time per the legal route and are stating that here?

You just mean the ones that enter without asking correct?

Maybe you're saying you just don't want to share your lease either way?
All those who think that telling lease holders that they are going on the leases and not asking. You see where I'm going with this " I'm just calling to tell you I'll be going on the lease tomorrow" there are a lot of folks here who think it's they're god given right.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:34 PM

As far as I know all leases have a stipulation requiring livestock off by Nov 1, however it is quite easy to get extensions on case by case basis, we all know that farming is full of hardships and roadbumps, so does our government. No doubt a lot of abuse though and i feel the system need a huge scrap/revamp.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
All those who think that telling lease holders that they are going on the leases and not asking. You see where I'm going with this " I'm just calling to tell you I'll be going on the lease tomorrow" there are a lot of folks here who think it's they're god given right.

Not the way I would handle it but maybe I'd go that route if 3 calls weren't returned and I knew the lessee was getting them. If someone is respectful enough to call per instructions the least the lessee could do is call back. Only takes 2 minutes of your day.

The guys that play by the rules will never be the ones causing problems. You know that I'm sure.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchcraft View Post
As far as I know all leases have a stipulation requiring livestock off by Nov 1.
As I said earlier, not all leases are written up this way. Maybe up north?

I know of some around here that do not have that in the lease agreement.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Accessing a lease is a right as long as the access conditions are followed. Cutting fences driving where you want, starting fires and other bad behaviors are not a right and are bad manners. The access parameters as laid out would work wonderfully if both sides would behave. From what I have seen and been told by landowners and leaseholders, 95% of the problems come from the way hunters behave. I have seen it and I have no problem believing the ranchers I talk to. What is the answer? I don't know, but if I was a rancher I would be in a constant bad mood. Lord knows I get upset enough when I see bad behavior and it's not even my land or lease. Hunters need to smarten the hell up. And no I don't believe it is a tiny or small minority.

I have spoken, raise my voice to a few bad actors, the excuses, oh Lord the excuses. Sickening.

Thomas Sowell