Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2018, 01:07 PM

Default The Elephant in the Room: John Tory's Grand Deflection

This article has some interesting points, I don't agree with all of it, but something stinks here IMO.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/-...id=FziWcKkxHBA
Old 08-08-2018, 02:04 PM

A Canadian conspiracy ?

Strange?
All charges against Fahad Hussain, 31, were either stayed and he was never convicted of a crime.
The handgun used in the Danforth shooting was never identified ? prohibited ?
The focus has switched to gun control rather than the shooter?
Something stinks worse than usual in Toronto.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:06 PM

Things like this bring down governments.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 08-08-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Let's pray that it does.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Fingers crossed.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:29 PM

The CSSA releasing things like that really doesn’t do firearms owners any favours. Would be much better served sticking to facts and not trying to spin an elaborate conspiracy. And they’d be well served to acknowledge that their numbers come from a Western Region ATIP and are using it to show a trend, and call on the government to release national figures to discredit the 50% claim.

It reads more like tinfoil hat ravings and not a serious response to the governments push for more gun control.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Banned

"Fahad and Ansari had 42 kilograms of Carfentanil and 33 guns in the basement of Ansari’s home. Thirty of those guns were a single model of Glock pistol, still in their boxes."

Has this been reported elsewhere and on the record as fact? First I've heard of this.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
"Fahad and Ansari had 42 kilograms of Carfentanil and 33 guns in the basement of Ansari’s home. Thirty of those guns were a single model of Glock pistol, still in their boxes."

Has this been reported elsewhere and on the record as fact? First I've heard of this.
EDIT* Nevermind. https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...ter-discovered
Old 08-08-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:

Ansari was charged with 337 firearm-related offences and is currently out on bail.
On bail? enough poison to kill the population of Canada several times over

https://globalnews.ca/news/4353028/d...-coma-charges/
Old 08-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
"Fahad and Ansari had 42 kilograms of Carfentanil and 33 guns in the basement of Ansari’s home. Thirty of those guns were a single model of Glock pistol, still in their boxes." Has this been reported elsewhere and on the record as fact? First I've heard of this.
Got your edit note on the report in the Toronto Sun

What is interesting is that the volume of Carfentanil has got more press in the US than it has in Canada. Almost like the potential seriousness of this situation has been suppressed.

Quotes from a US article (The Guardian) -- and there are more. This one is a long article and I have edited it down.

"Lab tests eventually revealed 42kg of the substance to be carfentanil – a drug the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) has described as “crazy dangerous” and which authorities in the US have flagged as as potential chemical weapon. The local police force had unwittingly stumbled across what is believed to be the largest volume of the opioid ever seized in North America.

Developed in the 1970s as a tranquilizer for large animals such as elephants and bears, the synthetic opioid has also been studied as a potential chemical weapon by countries including the US, China and Israel. It is thought to have been deployed with disastrous effects when Russian special forces attempted to rescue hundreds of hostages from a Moscow theatre in 2002. ..........

Authorities in Cincinnati said the drug was one possible explanation for why 174 people in the US city had overdosed in the span of six days. Dealers were now cutting carfentanil into heroin and other drugs to offer users a hard-hitting, longer-lasting high, officials said as they scrambled to shore up supplies of the antidote. While it often takes just one or two shots of naloxone to counteract a heroin overdose, overdoses involving carfentanil can take half a dozen shots or more. ..........

While the investigation into the 42kg that were seized recently in Canada is ongoing, police have said the substance seized could have yielded as many as 420,000 doses of carfentanil with an estimated street value of C$13m. .....

What could widen the scope of the investigation are the concerns the US voiced over carfentanil last year. “Agents like carfentanil could be used in lethal doses that would make them comparable to traditional nerve agents, raising concerns that they could be used as chemical weapons,” a state department official told the Associated Press under the condition of anonymity."

Scary

Another write up

"Use of Carfentanil as a Potential WMD

As the number of overdose deaths from fentanyl and its derivatives continues to rise in North America, focus remains on eradicating its use as an illicit drug and the treatment of those already addicted to it. But, there is potentially a more nefarious plan for this drug that could be used to harm or kill scores of innocent people. Fentanyl, carfentanil and its many derivatives are deadly in very small amounts. It is estimated that the lethal dose of fentanyl in humans is 2 mg, with the lethal dose of carfentanil unknown.

The use of fentanyl or carfentanil as a weapon of mass destruction by an individual intent on causing death or terror is not only plausible, but probable given the ease in which it could be obtained.

Although carfentanil and three similar drugs were recently added to China’s list of banned substances, several distributers continue to advertise the sale of these drugs at a cost that is not considered prohibitive. As recent as April 2017, the AP identified 12 Chinese businesses that said they would export carfentanil to the United States, Canada the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium and Australia for as little as $2750 a kilogram (2.2 pounds), no questions asked.

In another recent article, vendors said they lie on customs forms, guaranteeing delivery to countries where carfentanil is banned and volunteer strategic advice on sneaking packages past law enforcement. Andrew Weber, assistant secretary of defense for nuclear, chemical, and biological defense programs under President Obama from 2009 to 2014 stated, “It’s a weapon. Companies shouldn’t be just sending it to anybody.” These chemicals are banned from the battlefield under the Chemical Weapons Convention. Michael Morell, former acting director of the CIA wrote in August of 2017 that the threat the opioid crisis poses extends beyond public health; it is a national security threat.

Last edited by 2 Tollers; 08-08-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
It reads more like tinfoil hat ravings and not a serious response to the governments push for more gun control.
Agreed, this part is especially absurd.
Quote:
What drug dealer ties up that kind of cash –– approximately $100,000,000.00 (One hundred million dollars) –– when they can order smaller amounts with far less financial risk?
This demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding how synthetic opioids are manufactured and sold. It's not some dirty hut in the jungle or something, you simply phone up a chemical manufacturer in China and order it. Here's an AP article that gives some background:

https://apnews.com/7c85cda5658e46f3a...lated-narcotic

Throwing absurd numbers like 100M around when you could easily purchase that for less than 100k does not help build this theory's credibility, that's totally within the reach of a mid level dealer.

I had much higher hopes for CSSA than this. We don't need NFA 2.0
Old 08-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Agreed, this part is especially absurd.

This demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding how synthetic opioids are manufactured and sold. It's not some dirty hut in the jungle or something, you simply phone up a chemical manufacturer in China and order it. Here's an AP article that gives some background:

https://apnews.com/7c85cda5658e46f3a...lated-narcotic

Throwing absurd numbers like 100M around when you could easily purchase that for less than 100k does not help build this theory's credibility, that's totally within the reach of a mid level dealer.

I had much higher hopes for CSSA than this. We don't need NFA 2.0
Though I agree 100M is a gross exaggeration the fact remains that Carfentanil should not exceed .02%of the final product; unless you want to kill your customers. 44kgs equates to over 4300kgs of final product. Does anyone really believe that those 2 were moving 4300kgs of street level opioids? Given that most baggies are 1 gram that means they were trying to sell 4.3 million units. If so, that 100 million dollar figure is probably a gross understatement. It all about how you portray the figures. Or, they were trying to manufacture chemical weapons.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:38 PM

Dangerous stuff to say the least

law enforcement agencies’ biggest fear is that it could eventually be employed by terrorists, he said. “Something like a carfentanil, being so toxic, once they got it airborne, it would easily put large populations down, especially if the population was congested in a certain area.”

and better than pot stocks $2700 a KG

While the investigation into the 42kg that were seized recently in Canada is ongoing, police have said the substance seized could have yielded as many as 420,000 doses of carfentanil with an estimated street value of C$13m.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...crisis-dangers

There's more background news coverage on this in other countries than in Canada, I never heard of this case before the shooting.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:38 PM

From the Sun article "Ansari was charged with 337 firearm-related offences and is currently out on bail."

Mind blown! I really don't understand how people are so insanely stupid.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
Does anyone really believe that those 2 were moving 4300kgs of street level opioids? Given that most baggies are 1 gram that means they were trying to sell 4.3 million units.
Yeah IDK, the authorities should have a hard look for sure.

However the exact phrase used in the CSSA release is "What drug dealer ties up that kind of cash –– approximately $100,000,000.00". They're stating here that these guys have made an investment of 100M to purchase the stuff which is just silly. This is intentionally misleading in an effort to support the theory and undermines their credibility in a big way.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb8440 View Post
This article has some interesting points, I don't agree with all of it, but something stinks here IMO.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/-...id=FziWcKkxHBA
I do not agree with some of the points in the article. However the title you placed on this thread is dead on. This is grand deflection by John Tory. He campaigning for re-election this October and taking the focus off of TO being a drug haven plus having the issue of a massive Carfentanil seizure, the size of which could have taken out many in TO he pulls a slight of hand --- look --- look over here --- we can go after guns --- shiny thing --- look over here. Forget about all the drugs.

He is not even shy about it as he knows the masses in TO are not digging into or following the crime issues.

From the Gunblog

"
7 August 2018

John Tory Asks Sport Shooters to Leave Toronto, He Tells Radio

TheGunBlog.ca — Toronto Mayor John Tory asked the city’s 100,000 federally licensed gun owners to leave town, he said today on NewsTalk 1010 radio. He didn’t ask the murderers and gangs responsible for a wave of shootings to leave or to stop.

The mayor, campaigning for re-election in October, has asked the federal government to ban and confiscate handguns and semi-automatic firearms from all lawful, licensed, legitimate hunters and sport shooters in Canada. The government has said it’s “open to all possible options.”

Target shooting is one of the country’s safest and most-popular sporting activities. More than 2 million men and women have firearm Possession and Acquisition Licences authorized by the federal police, and many of them are members of shooting clubs.

“I repeat the question that you posed: Why does anybody need to have a gun in the city of Toronto?,” Tory told the Moore in the Morning show today, according to a recording shared by JohnToryWatch on Twitter. “And if it’s someone who’s involved in a gun club, perhaps they could do that somewhere else, because I’m just trying to make sure we do everything we can to save lives and to save the trauma that I’ve seen in the community when these kinds of shootings take place.” ".
Old 08-08-2018, 09:34 PM

JohnToryWatch on Twitter. “And if it’s someone who’s involved in a gun club, perhaps they could do that somewhere else, because I’m just trying to make sure we do everything we can to save lives and to save the trauma that I’ve seen in the community when these kinds of shootings take place.” ".

I feel very sorry for the victims and their families ,with the Danforth shooting. What a "piece of work" for a mayor. Last time I looked, Toronto doesn't govern the country, the Libtards do that part already - very poorly. Associating law abiding gun owners with "when these kind of shootings take place" and being criminals - I am speechless with that part. Predjudice at its worst - he is a very ill informed individual from Torontoville. He is trying to distance himself from the reality of their uncontrollable crime - like a "spin doctor" preparing for re-election. His take on that - lets blame everyone legally associated with firearms and ignore the criminals with illegally obtained firearms.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Does make you wonder what the line of thought was amongst Ansari's group. The idea that the group could quietly knock off a whole mess of infidels and cause instability by using that drug isn't all that farfetched. Look at the subway attacks in Japan, believe there was one in Europe as well, different chems, it has been done before. The fact that the feds are stating the members of the group were not on their radar seems dicy at best, especially after the Ansari bust. We will probably never know what is truth or fiction from their end of it.
First I saw of this story about Ansari bust connection being published was on the 25th, in a FB post by Int'l free press, then it spread over the next few days, and got picked up by the major media outlets. Faith Goldy has a vid on You Tube espousing the first version of this line of thought towards terrorism, that I saw posted. That is probably where the CSSA picked it up.
Wonder if maybe Rex Murphy was aware of some of this in the tack he took on calling out the TO info lag right after the shooting, he didn't infer anything about it, but, it was a different approach to the release of the info about the shooting.

Last edited by 32-40win; 08-09-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Banned

Don't believe any of it...Justin has already told us, we don't have a terror problem in Canada.
If you can't believe him, who can you?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Yeah IDK, the authorities should have a hard look for sure.

However the exact phrase used in the CSSA release is "What drug dealer ties up that kind of cash –– approximately $100,000,000.00". They're stating here that these guys have made an investment of 100M to purchase the stuff which is just silly. This is intentionally misleading in an effort to support the theory and undermines their credibility in a big way.
That's the part I had trouble with, it's spin. The rest of it is pretty close, especially the part about 50% of traceable guns being of Canadian origin...the part left out by TO police/Tory/media is that they have only ever traced 29% of them over a five year period, so the reality is 15%. And if I can find the link from the RCMP, most of those were BB/pellet guns.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 tollers View Post
i do not agree with some of the points in the article. However the title you placed on this thread is dead on. This is grand deflection by john tory. He campaigning for re-election this october and taking the focus off of to being a drug haven plus having the issue of a massive carfentanil seizure, the size of which could have taken out many in to he pulls a slight of hand --- look --- look over here --- we can go after guns --- shiny thing --- look over here. Forget about all the drugs.

He is not even shy about it as he knows the masses in to are not digging into or following the crime issues.

From the gunblog

"
7 august 2018

john tory asks sport shooters to leave toronto, he tells radio

thegunblog.ca — toronto mayor john tory asked the city’s 100,000 federally licensed gun owners to leave town, he said today on newstalk 1010 radio. He didn’t ask the murderers and gangs responsible for a wave of shootings to leave or to stop.

The mayor, campaigning for re-election in october, has asked the federal government to ban and confiscate handguns and semi-automatic firearms from all lawful, licensed, legitimate hunters and sport shooters in canada. The government has said it’s “open to all possible options.”

target shooting is one of the country’s safest and most-popular sporting activities. More than 2 million men and women have firearm possession and acquisition licences authorized by the federal police, and many of them are members of shooting clubs.

“i repeat the question that you posed: Why does anybody need to have a gun in the city of toronto?,” tory told the moore in the morning show today, according to a recording shared by johntorywatch on twitter. “and if it’s someone who’s involved in a gun club, perhaps they could do that somewhere else, because i’m just trying to make sure we do everything we can to save lives and to save the trauma that i’ve seen in the community when these kinds of shootings take place.” ".
spot on.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Or gets them elected by the burgeoning numbers of todays socially engineered masses of brainwashed drones.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:24 AM

CBC - Canada can't say where its crime guns are coming from :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun-...tics-1.4779702

Not sure where Mayor John Tory or the Liberal government get their facts from = very ill informed. "Governments, police not collecting national statistics on whether guns are smuggled or sourced domestically"