2.4l or 2.0L Turbo?
It's the v6!! Think it's 3.5 !!!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
It's the v6!! Think it's 3.5 !!!
Crazy-That will get the adrenaline pumping
Glad you were not injured or worse

My niece has the same model and year. I will pass it on as a heads up.

Last edited by omega50; 04-15-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM

Don’t wish to hijack this thread so please PM me if possible. Had my vehicle towed to dealership and while on their property, the vehicle was broken into and personal items were stolen.

Service manager said it is the security companies responsibility and none of theirs.

Recordings are supposedly under review and I have filled in a stolen property report with RCMP.

Does anyone have experience with the navigation of these events? Would like to hear your story.

Apologies to 1shotwade.

Last edited by Stricks; 04-15-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:49 AM

KIA=Killed In Action.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo101 View Post
KIA=Killed In Action.
In this case...Kollapsed In Ashes
Old 04-15-2018, 01:37 PM

I really liked the look of the Sonata so started investigating Hyundai and Kia. They are junk period and there is days reading on line of people having warranty issues even though there were recalls.

Even when working good, the sedans are completely gutless, the interiors junkie and the stereos suck.

A year or two later a friend of my daughter had the engine go on a Kia. They wanted to do a full investigation into a recalled engine and the young fellow was to pay. Apparently that policy has changed but the quality is still lacking.

How Hyundai does it is really no mystery.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:43 PM

This is a very common problem with Kia/ Hyundai. For those that have them. Flush your oil every oil change and only use full synthetic oil and only go 4000 Kim in between oil changes. It is a known problem with direct injection (GDI) and fuels that contain alcohol. If not trade it dump it befor warranty runs out. I know of 8 that have done exactly what yours did in the last 3 months
Old 04-15-2018, 06:44 PM

The dealership is not responsible of vehicles broken into or damaged outside on the lot. You're insurance company is responsible.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:00 PM

I bought a Hyundai. The thing is absolutely brutal on snowy roads and now Im reading about problems with the GDI engine. Was thinking about dumping it and taking the loss. If the engines are that bad it'll be gone even if I have to take a substantial loss on it because I can't afford to replace the engine in the thing. Anything out of South Korea is crap IMO
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I bought a Hyundai. The thing is absolutely brutal on snowy roads and now Im reading about problems with the GDI engine. Was thinking about dumping it and taking the loss. If the engines are that bad it'll be gone even if I have to take a substantial loss on it because I can't afford to replace the engine in the thing. Anything out of South Korea is crap IMO
I have 80,000km on my Hyundai, and no issues at all, my father had well over 100,000km on his, and no issues. Both are AWD vehicles and are excellent on snowy roads. A close friend of my fathers is a Hyundai dealer, and the vehicles have been very reliable.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 PM

My buddy has bought a few Sorentos on the dirt cheap after timing belt failures-Rebuilds and flips them.

The AWD system is badly engineered on the one I helped him with. It was vacuum actuated and it defaults to 2wd with any vacuum leak. And they prefer to leak

Brutal
Old 04-16-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have 80,000km on my Hyundai, and no issues at all, my father had well over 100,000km on his, and no issues. Both are AWD vehicles and are excellent on snowy roads. A close friend of my fathers is a Hyundai dealer, and the vehicles have been very reliable.
Have the Elantra GT and its literally the worst vehicle Ive ever driven on winter roads. Worse then even my old 2wd 88 half ton. Back end sways back and forth any time theres ice or snow on the roads. Would never buy another one. If you search for it I guess its a known issue with the Elantra/Elantra GT.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 04-15-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
The dealership is not responsible of vehicles broken into or damaged outside on the lot. You're insurance company is responsible.
It burst into flame. Nobody stole it. Sounds like a manufacturing or QC problem to me.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-15-2018, 08:21 PM

There is a long list of recalls including another 1.3 million or so last year and a federal investigation into Hyundai-Kia. When I was looking into them, there was several years of engine recalls in a row. With the federal investigation I bet the warranties will be honored.

They do have some good advertisements. I had that "Someday Baby" song stuck in my head for a month or more.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
There is a long list of recalls including another 1.3 million or so last year and a federal investigation into Hyundai-Kia. When I was looking into them, there was several years of engine recalls in a row. With the federal investigation I bet the warranties will be honored.

They do have some good advertisements. I had that "Someday Baby" song stuck in my head for a month or more.
And how many recalls have Ford , GM , and Chrysler had? They have had more than their share as well.