Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2018, 04:15 PM

Default Barrett Jackson West Palm Beach

So my son and I are at our first Barrett auction, and wow....too many incredible cars. Can't even begin to describe. But the highlight of our day...the Big 3 were running hot laps with the new Corvette, the Hellcat, and the Mustang GT and Rousch. I got a lap in the Hellcat and Rousch, and they gave us t shirts too...probably to help soak up the pee? Not only are those cars beyond stupidly fast, but those drivers were drifting us in ways I wouldn't have believed possible. Totally, completely, insanely, dialed IN! Wow. That Hellcat and Rousch in the hands of anyone but a professional driver would be a quick trip to the morgue I'm pretty sure. They go through four sets of tires per day hotlapping at the auction. What a rush!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Bucket list thing to do for sure. I have friends who go to Barrett for years. They have brought home a few sweet muscle cars and bikes. They buy from the parking lot outside lol. I guess there is always some sweet stuff for sale outside and for a great deal too.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Default BJ

Lots of great deals on the first day! What did you end up with??Maybe hold out till Saturday and drop a couple hundred grand! Have fun
Old 04-12-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lites out View Post
Lots of great deals on the first day! What did you end up with??Maybe hold out till Saturday and drop a couple hundred grand! Have fun
I bought a hat . I am currently not authorized to buy another car I can only drive six months a year. Of everything I looked at today, there were a couple of 69 Mach 1s and a cobra Jet that made my heart stutter a bit...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-13-2018, 07:41 AM

Our whole family is hooked on them. Keep the auction on TV instead of the radio on the weekend while cleaning! Every so often someone will yell out " come check this out!!" etc etc. I do get a rush when the charity cars come out. That is pretty cool. I'd love to have a pocket full of extra cash and maybe be able to pick something up one day.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I bought a hat . I am currently not authorized to buy another car I can only drive six months a year. Of everything I looked at today, there were a couple of 69 Mach 1s and a cobra Jet that made my heart stutter a bit...
Those work for me too!! Fairlane, cyclone, comet ,fastback pony,whatever!! I'd be happy with any of the older muscle from Chevy or Dodge also!Sounds like you may already have one or two!! Remember a good investment isn't a waste of money!! Thats what I tell the wife everytime I get a new gun!! LOL