Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2018, 10:11 AM

Default China trip

Was there in '09 for 21 days. Lots to see, had a great time. Great hotels, food has a definite vegan slant, not much meat. People very curious about westerners, friendly, and most young people speak some English. They love Canadians ( remember Dr. Bethume?)Favorite place was Xian, home of the TerraCotta warriors. Beijing pretty dismal in the smog. I'd go back anytime.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:24 AM

Lots of different people eat meat so that is fine if they do that. Let us not case stones in glass houses and what not.

I hope you know though that the dog that you ate was probably tortured before you ate it.

Oddly, they treat man's best friend like a piece of garbage over there. To the best of my knowledge dogs are the only animals they abuse before slaughtering them. The believe that the adrenaline release during torture makes the meat taste better and increases the vigor of the consumer.

China is not a place to be envied IMO and I try to buy as little from there as possible.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:53 PM

Your knowledge isn’t very ‘best’.

They don’t do that..... been investigated... urban myth.

Ever eaten venison that’s been stressed out?.... yuk!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-09-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Your knowledge isn’t very ‘best’.

They don’t do that..... been investigated... urban myth.

Ever eaten venison that’s been stressed out?.... yuk!
Make yourself feel better by believing the lies of their government but a 2 minute google search will show that dog and cat meat traders are some of the most vile people on earth.

If you have instagram you can find countless videos of dogs being burned alive with propane torches, thrown in vats of boiling water, being beaten to death, and having their limbs removed one at a time while still alive.

If you still don't belive me send me your email address in a PM and I will send you the links.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:15 PM

Good read Bessie, you have done a fine job of explaining your views...I found it a very interesting read.
Thanks
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-09-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
Make yourself feel better by believing the lies of their government but a 2 minute google search will show that dog and cat meat traders are some of the most vile people on earth.

If you have instagram you can find countless videos of dogs being burned alive with propane torches, thrown in vats of boiling water, being beaten to death, and having their limbs removed one at a time while still alive.

If you still don't belive me send me your email address in a PM and I will send you the links.
If you read any of his post besides the fact that he tried dog, you would quickly conclude that he wasn't there on some sort of twisted "canine delicacy tour" that consisted of all you can eat "labchops" and "terrieraki" . I'm not sure if you eat meat or not, but any type of meat processing/butchering doesn't exactly entail rubbing the animal's belly until they turn into a meal on your plate. And no, I have not (that I know of) nor will I eat dog. He merely told an interesting story about his experiences while travelling with a group of his students to China.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:44 AM

Default Sigh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post

So.... we’re going the play the indirect connection consequence blame game..

Just because you anthropomorphize lots.

Speaking of glass houses.....You square your guilt with all the poor innocent rare birds and batsthat YOU killed due to the electricity you used by keyboardchastising me.... which was supplied by vicious, indescrimite killier windmills... ‘mommy... the internet troll killed Pecky with a windmill.... why is he so evil mommy.... why?’

Then I’ll deal with my labchops and puppyroni experiences.

Way to write off 1.3 billion people.... prejudice much?

SJKW. Social Justice Keybord Warrior....

Please leave the basement, reality is way more complex and fun.

....... terrieraki.... that made me spit my coffee.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Never look past your doors first, our country has some odd traits that to other countries is wrong,odd etc...best thing to do like Bessie did was get out and experience things first hand. Too many people sit back and spew based on nothing but second, third hand information when they are a plane ticket away from experiencing life...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-10-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
So.... we’re going the play the indirect connection consequence blame game..

Just because you anthropomorphize lots.

Speaking of glass houses.....You square your guilt with all the poor innocent rare birds and batsthat YOU killed due to the electricity you used by keyboardchastising me.... which was supplied by vicious, indescrimite killier windmills... ‘mommy... the internet troll killed Pecky with a windmill.... why is he so evil mommy.... why?’

Then I’ll deal with my labchops and puppyroni experiences.

Way to write off 1.3 billion people.... prejudice much?

SJKW. Social Justice Keybord Warrior....

Please leave the basement, reality is way more complex and fun.

For an educator I thought you would know better than to resort to ad hominem and straw man attacks but that is OK.

I never called Chinese people vile (your 1.3B people comment), I called dog and cat meat traders vile. I will expand that group to include anyone who tortures animals - I think most everyone would agree with that statement.

Also, to say that birds flying into windmills is the same as a human purposefully torturing an animal is kind of a stretch. Things die all the time from all sorts of things - non of that is the same as torturing something to death.

Not sure why you are so offended anyways. You ate dog, I told you it was likely tortured, and now you are getting all bent out of shape.

I assume you didn't know that it was tortured before hand. Maybe if you did it would have changed your behaviour, maybe it wouldn't. I presented you with facts, no need to get upset about it.

To 58theCat, you are very much correct. Canada is not perfect (cough J. Trudeau, cough), no one and no country is.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:32 AM

Last line of your first post implies you are sanctioning trade with the country due to their doggone practices.

Your torture stretch assumption is a bad as my assumption of you murdering Pecky. I’ll bet somewhere on the Internet both silly claims could be backed up by an interest group providing ‘compelling truth’....

Glass houses.... yada yada.

My ‘bent out of shape’ reaction is proportional to your wet blanket expertising.

Seems to be a pattern with most of your contributions here...
Old 04-10-2018, 07:42 AM

Yup! The good ol' U S of A (for 90% of it)!!

My rods are all Winston and Reels Galvan, Bauer and a few Orvis (Made in England)!

Quote:

( ever check where your fly gear is built?)

-Confucius
Old 04-10-2018, 07:44 AM

Agreed!

Quote:
I strongly believe that the more one travels, the more we find common ground.

Never ever force diversity on someone, people need to try diversity on their own terms.

I have found that in both good and people, diversity has always been a plus.

-Confucius
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Last line of your first post implies you are sanctioning trade with the country due to their doggone practices.

Your torture stretch assumption is a bad as my assumption of you murdering Pecky. I’ll bet somewhere on the Internet both silly claims could be backed up by an interest group providing ‘compelling truth’....

Glass houses.... yada yada.

My ‘bent out of shape’ reaction is proportional to your wet blanket expertising.

Seems to be a pattern with most of your contributions here...
Sanctioning or not-sanctioning? All I said was they torture dogs over there? Not sure how we got into trade practices.

It actually seems like you are the one who is being a whiner behind a keyboard.

I told you something you didn't want to hear - deal with it.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:59 AM

Default I used to have a Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
Yup! The good ol' U S of A (for 90% of it)!!

My rods are all Winston and Reels Galvan, Bauer and a few Orvis (Made in England)!
I cherished my Fenwick 2nd generation graphite made in Canada rod.... then my car door ate a piece of it... hey no prob... ‘lifetime warrenty’....

Turns out they now only make Fenwicks out of China... they gave me a HMFX series 9ft 6 wt.....’only one year warrenty’ on this one.... it lasted exactly 13 months before two top inches broke off.... I still use it but .... grrrr!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:19 PM

I have been to china twice. Not the touristy "spots". I will not go back. The human rights atrocities are atrocious !!
Old 04-10-2018, 07:53 PM

Cool experience. I've traveled a bit but not that way. I'm sure there's lots of good and interesting things to see, along with the bad. Tks for sharing!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Banned

I believe Dale Carnegie said something along the lines that just because a society is different than ours doesn't make it wrong. We have been groomed to believe that we are right and they have been groomed to believe they are right. We don't like eating dogs and they've been brought up eating dogs..who are we to judge?? Today's PSA announcement
Old 04-11-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
I have been to china twice. Not the touristy "spots". I will not go back. The human rights atrocities are atrocious !!
Can't say as I'm a fan of those "Body Worlds" type exhibitions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bodies...roup-1.2757908
Old 04-11-2018, 08:59 AM

Iam here now , it’s actually hard to explained until you actually are here. Weather hot and humid people everywhere , very convenient with Didi taxi it’s like Chinese Uber, food and most things are cheap and fresh I do notice they have more fresh food and less processed food , they have a payment system that like tab and Apple Pay you just scan qr code and paid with WeChat it’s like Chinese face book , no google , iam using yahoo .. it’s lot different and eye opening experience . I also see lots of new construction products that are practical and useful. And I must say their commercial building and workplace efficient it’s lot faster( I can’t speak for their safety standard but most worker have strong common sense and seem to work safely ... but I see 30 storey building with a scaffolding made of bamboo and a green netting ... as for welding NO steel toe boots , shield and auto darkening mask or fire resistant clothing and gloves..I just see a shirt less guy with shorts and sandles and a old worn out pair of welding glass ). Got R done attitude

Last edited by fishtank; 04-11-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 AM

Talking

Also iam using cellular service it’s full 4g and. My data 1 yuan ($0.20) per GB ... that 20 cents per gigabits
Old 04-11-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:

Me too

bernesesauce
Old 04-11-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Also iam using cellular service it’s full 4g and. My data 1 yuan ($0.20) per GB ... that 20 cents per gigabits
What's interesting to consider is that a lot of people have gone from, effectively, an agrarian lifestyle with only 1 or 2 tv's and phones in the village to a cosmopolitan/business/industrial lifestyle of cell phone/tablet with no intermediate steps.