Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Default Maybe crime does pay, Its shocking how much theft is going on in this country

14 people steal $2.7 million dollars in home break ins

The 14 suspects, 10 were arrested by Halton Regional Police and four by York Regional Police during a series of search warrants in Mississauga and Toronto.

Police in Halton Region have dismantled what they call a “network of foreign nationals” who are accused of targeting and burglarizing dozens of GTA homes over the past several months.
The group allegedly broke into close to 400 residences across the GTA, with approximately 70 victims in Halton Region alone.
Halton Regional Police say investigators within its analytics department identified a “trend” in break-in tactics shortly before the end of 2017.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-di...omes-1.3871166
Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 PM

Chilean nationals, no children. It looks like they are just tourists... but well organized! It this a new form of tourism?
Old 04-04-2018, 07:01 PM

I recognize some of that money and am sure that its mine, anyone got the phone # for the cops there? The pimpin' gold sneakers are definitely not mine.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Banned

They probably had a rough upbringing, maybe justin can cut them a check?
Old 04-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Wonder if any were recently invited by our Prime Minister. He did make an open statement refugees would be accepted with loving arms from the US.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
They probably had a rough upbringing, maybe justin can cut them a check?
Please be careful what u wish for
Old 04-05-2018, 12:04 AM

Want it to stop? 3 simple steps are required:

1) No one buy stolen stuff again. Ever. Common sense will tell you when it's stolen- hopefully.

2) When someone in a parking lot asks you if you want to buy some really cheap speakers, TV's, or anything else, say NO and then get their plate so you can report it to local police.

3) Ban pawn shops. I don't care if their policy says "no stolen merchandise", a lot of them are where thieves unload their stuff. Can't ban them? Don't shop there, that'll fix that problem.

Easy peasy.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post

1) No one buy stolen stuff again. Ever. Common sense will tell you when it's stolen- hopefully.

2) When someone in a parking lot asks you if you want to buy some really cheap speakers, TV's, or anything else, say NO and then get their plate so you can report it to local police.

3) Ban pawn shops. I don't care if their policy says "no stolen merchandise", a lot of them are where thieves unload their stuff. Can't ban them? Don't shop there, that'll fix that problem.

Easy peasy.
^^^ This would be a great start. It's amazing to hear people complain about their stuff getting stolen but they in turn have no problem turning down "to good to be true" deals.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-05-2018, 05:51 AM

It’s toronto...they voted for it, so they can enjoy the benefits of trudopes immigration policies. Too bad the thieves got caught, now they are costing ALL of us money.

In other words:
Old 04-05-2018, 05:54 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Ahhhh yup, it does pay and very well,with little to no consequences if caught.
Not like they go legit and look for a job anyways so what is a record? Nothing, nothing at all....plus it creates jobs on the flip side policing...just like war etc the good guys could wipe out the bad guys then what job lay offs, unemployment so keep a healthy balance and the economy keeps rolling....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-05-2018, 06:36 AM

Steal, steal, steal, steal.......get caught, go around revolving door, collect $200, repeat! Only in Canada! Works even better if you are a visible minority or refugee!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:04 AM

Default Fully agree

Quote:

Easy peasy.
I agree 100 percent with the above. Crime only pays when suckers will buy stolen stuff.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
14 people steal $2.7 million dollars in home break ins

The 14 suspects, 10 were arrested by Halton Regional Police and four by York Regional Police during a series of search warrants in Mississauga and Toronto.

Police in Halton Region have dismantled what they call a “network of foreign nationals” who are accused of targeting and burglarizing dozens of GTA homes over the past several months.
The group allegedly broke into close to 400 residences across the GTA, with approximately 70 victims in Halton Region alone.
Halton Regional Police say investigators within its analytics department identified a “trend” in break-in tactics shortly before the end of 2017.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-di...omes-1.3871166
Trutard and his merry band of misfits stole over 50k in income taxes from me last year to throw away on useless, idiotic ideas, no wonder its so acceptable to be a thief, look a our leaders.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:09 AM

And we will spend a huge amount of money on trials and housing this scum, and they will soon be back to a life of crime. They should be deported, but then they would just walk back across the border again. And if some citizen catches them breaking in and shoots them, the citizen will be charged.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:

Easy peasy.
In an alleged organized B&E crime ring like this, they’re likely selling to places overseas.

This is good advice though.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:33 PM

I'd bet they're doing this in Canada both 'cause wealthier than their country and they know of the wrist-slapping acceptance treatment justice here uses.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And we will spend a huge amount of money on trials and housing this scum, and they will soon be back to a life of crime. They should be deported, but then they would just walk back across the border again. And if some citizen catches them breaking in and shoots them, the citizen will be charged.

If a person technically isn't in the country in the first place, then they also technically can't be listed as being missing persons here
Old 04-05-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
In an alleged organized B&E crime ring like this, they’re likely selling to places overseas.

This is good advice though.
Dollars to doughnuts the import inspections of containers entering Chile are sporadic at best.

Just like the rash of auto thefts in western Europe which occurred a little while after the communist bloc collapsed. Big market in the east and russia for cheap stolen vehicles made in germany.

B&E crimes often target the weakest points which can be exploited at lowest risk. Those with residences 'secured' to the lowest common standard. Or even the nice people who keep their doors unlocked in case a neighbor or needy person needs a place to stay after locking themselves out, etc.

It's amazing how many tourists can look at medieval castles and forts, and just think they are odd or cute aberrations of foreign culture. Instead of what motivated people to build them at great expense and trouble in the first place.